Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Does Para SF uses C-90 and Shipon rocket launchers?
Heard that back in mid 2000s along with Galatz and Tar,shipons were also part of the deal.But never saw them with Para.

Kyubi

Country flag
When one looks at these art forms, it gives a distinct smell of bureaucracy. The GOI probably sent out a tender for someone to build this structure, then they selected the lowest bidder and the lowest bidder did the lowest quality work. This has no craftsmanship at all. It's just a blob of plaster of Paris painted blue. It has been done with benign apathy, because not doing it was not an option. The contractors probably also got paid crores. One of the best fighting forces in the world and this is how you represent them, with a blue blob of plaster of Paris and ill-proportioned mannequins.

Actually i turn off the TV the moment the State Tableau's start !! I have mixed feelings about it, sometimes i feel they are to gaudy instead we should be showing our militray prowess only , but sometimes i feel it is necessary for us to showcase our Rich diversity and traditions that signifies our 1000's of years of history.

Haldiram

Country flag
sometimes i feel it is necessary for us to showcase our Rich diversity and traditions that signifies our 1000's of years of history.
It needs to be shown but now in the way it is usually done on 26 January. Instead of spending 10 crore on each state's carnival, if that money is given to an indie film maker, they can make a short movie about Indian army and put it up on Youtube.

Something like this :

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

WARREN SS

Country flag
Seems like 4 and 9 PARA (SF) are slightly better equipped than 21 PARA (SF) looking at this.
Actually this not all combat gear
And equipment

SATCOM with satellite uplinks is Missing which was mentioned by Maj Suri in Shiv aroor book

I don't think it's actual combat gear

They are just showing tactics for frictional purpose for Documentries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles