Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
However elite be the force, the path to glory is:

train -> ops -> kill -> sacrifice -> awards -> train -> repeat
Exactly.

I feel so happy for Garuds as winning a Ashok Chakra is a big deal.I had guessed it will be Ashok Chakra after i came to read his story.

This will be a morale booster and game changer for Garuds.

Some people say i am a Para SF fanboy but i post more stuff about Marcos and Garuds than them in this thread.

My only reason to criticize them was because i was seeing that Garuds are not given operational experience and this was long overdue as they were formed in 2005.

Unfortunately the AF learnt it the hard way.

There is no one more happier than me for Garuds being deployed in Kashmir.

Without op experience all these dialogue bazi of I am the best is of no use.

Your kills talk about you skill.Not your cool gadgets and clothes.

Now we have to expand Marcos and give them a larger role in Kashmir.

Like you rightly said in one thread that Kashmir is a battleground or rather a playground for all SF.

They can cross train and deploy and get some bloods on their hands so when they cross loc they are not impulsive.

The calm shown by the Major in cross loc strike shows how much experience he has.

I will be the most happiest if Garuds and Marcos start sending their officers for a 2 year deployment with RR unit or a Para unit.

12arya

Country flag
an old article about "the-wrecker-in-chief":biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:Major Suri.
https://www.mensxp.com/social-hits/...ross-the-loc-during-the-surgical-strikes.html

Who Is Major Mike Tango- The Wrecker-In-Chief Across The LoC During The Surgical Strikes?

The surgical strikes were one of a kind for many reasons. India, for the first time in many years, came out and made a statement against Pakistan sponsored terrorism through solid action and not just empty threats. Moreover, it was also the first time that the government announced that such strikes had taken place across the LoC on national television.

The strikes, therefore, were one of the major achievements for the NDA government. It was an important event that defined India's foreign policy but it was really the soldiers who showed courage and determination to demolish those bases inside the Pakistan territory. Hence, more than anything else, the most important task for the government of the day was to protect the identity of the officers involved in the surgical strikes. Those officers, through their cross border strikes, become persons of interest for the terrorist outfits active around the international border.

Tales of one Major Mike Tango were already doing the rounds as soon as the dust settled around the surgical strikes. It was under his leadership that the operations across the LoC were carried out. As the surgical strike teams closed in, the terrorists at the base started firing speculatively and that is when Maj Tango made the critical decision to postpone the strikes till he analysed the enemy's sanitation routine. Once the strikes were a go, Maj Tango neutralized four terrorists in close quarters combat.

In one of the reports published in The Quint, it's mentioned that Maj Mike Tango ‘went on to receive the highest decoration of the lot – a Kirti Chakra.' According to the report, his citation read: “By his decisive thinking, professional approach, warrior ethos, exemplary leadership, and courage beyond the call of duty, Maj Mike Tango ensured the execution of the task flawlessly with clockwork precision, and eliminated four terrorists in close quarter combat.”

As known previously, only one Major was awarded the Kirti Chakra recently, Major Rohit Suri of 4 Para for the surgical strikes. This information, along with the citation for Rohit Suri confirms that he was the wrecker-in-chief – Major Mike Tango, on the intervening night of 28-29 September. This is what his official citation reads:“Major Rohit Suri was the mission leader of the team which was tasked to carry out operations against terrorist's hideout in J&K. By his decisive thinking, professional approach, warrior ethos, exemplary leadership and courage beyond the call of duty, Maj. Rohit Suri ensured the execution of the task flawlessly with clockwork precision and eliminated four terrorists in close quarter combat.”

The citations, along with the army's statements that Maj Mike Tango went on to receive the Kirti Chakra establish that Maj Rohit Suri was indeed Maj Mike Tango. It is however not known whether the army generals meant to disperse this information selectively or if it slipped through the cracks in the official communication channels. Whatever the case may be, India will always be proud of Maj Mike Tango.

armyofhind

Country flag
Guys, has anyone uploaded the Surgical Strikes documentary on YouTube? Please share the link if you know of it.

12arya

Country flag
colonel s s shekhawat of 21 PARA SF speaking abt his then senior officer shaheed Maj. vivek singh bandral. a marathon was organized in the honour of the martyr and col shekhawat also participated. the 47 yr old colonel is a brilliant marathon runner as well. the event is from 2017.

/

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
colonel s s shekhawat of 21 PARA SF speaking abt his then senior officer shaheed Maj. vivek singh bandral. a marathon was organized in the honour of the martyr and col shekhawat also participated. the 47 yr old colonel is a brilliant marathon runner as well. the event is from 2017.

/
I think the Col is no longer with SF. Last sting was as Major with 21. The most highly decorated soldier in active service. True Legend.

Sad what the Army did to him.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ted-officer/story-Q3X3groo0FzkjoJOTRRjbM.html

aditya g

Country flag
Last sting was as a Colonel not a Major around 2008 i guess.

He is a Brigader i think.
He was brig and then on "study leave" .... He is not with SF as obviously a brigadier is not attached to a unit. Hopefully he gets back from study leave

12arya

Country flag
I think the Col is no longer with SF. Last sting was as Major with 21. The most highly decorated soldier in active service. True Legend.

Sad what the Army did to him.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ted-officer/story-Q3X3groo0FzkjoJOTRRjbM.html
Ahh yes.. Sorry correct. but he is no longer with SF
guys, he is on study leave and is a research fellow at IDSA...this is from their page.
Colonel Saurabh Singh Shekhawat, KC, SC, SM, VSM, joined IDSA as Research Fellow in July 2016. He is a serving Army Officer with vast experience of counter terrorist and counter insurgency operations in the North and North East. He has also served as United Nations Military Observer in the Democratic Republic of Congo where he worked for Demobilisation, Disarmament, Repatriation, Rehabilitation and Resettlement of the cadres and rebels of various warring factions. An alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College, the officer has an MPhil degree from Osmania University, Hyderabad and published a dissertation on “Rise of Fundamentalism in Af- Pak Region, Threat to India and Role of Central Asian Republics in its Containment”.The officer is also an avid mountaineer having climbed a total of 17 peaks in Asia, Europe and Africa including Everest which he has summited “three times”. His research at IDSA focuses on ‘Rise of ISIS: Significance and Implications for India’.

he is still in the SF. most of u must have read abt the mistreatment meted out to him by his superiors for standing up for the truth...as per his complaint, former generals bikram singh, dalbir suhag and lt gen abhay Krishna( currently eastern command) plotted against him since he spoke out abt botched jorhat op. since 2009 he got "unsatisfactory performance" in his ACR and since have been denied promotion!!!! he went to military court last yr against the above officers and is awaiting justice. oh and he is still a colonel :tsk::tsk::tsk: our own army messing up the career of a stellar officer:frusty:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
guys, he is on study leave and is a research fellow at IDSA...this is from their page.
Colonel Saurabh Singh Shekhawat, KC, SC, SM, VSM, joined IDSA as Research Fellow in July 2016. He is a serving Army Officer with vast experience of counter terrorist and counter insurgency operations in the North and North East. He has also served as United Nations Military Observer in the Democratic Republic of Congo where he worked for Demobilisation, Disarmament, Repatriation, Rehabilitation and Resettlement of the cadres and rebels of various warring factions. An alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College, the officer has an MPhil degree from Osmania University, Hyderabad and published a dissertation on “Rise of Fundamentalism in Af- Pak Region, Threat to India and Role of Central Asian Republics in its Containment”.The officer is also an avid mountaineer having climbed a total of 17 peaks in Asia, Europe and Africa including Everest which he has summited “three times”. His research at IDSA focuses on ‘Rise of ISIS: Significance and Implications for India’.

he is still in the SF. most of u must have read abt the mistreatment meted out to him by his superiors for standing up for the truth...as per his complaint, former generals bikram singh, dalbir suhag and lt gen abhay Krishna( currently eastern command) plotted against him since he spoke out abt botched jorhat op. since 2009 he got "unsatisfactory performance" in his ACR and since have been denied promotion!!!! he went to military court last yr against the above officers and is awaiting justice. oh and he is still a colonel :tsk::tsk::tsk: our own army messing up the career of a stellar officer:frusty:
Thats sad.I thought he is a Brig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles