Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I really admire this 'taking the enemy head on' approach by the IAF Garuds.Just sitting in a comfortable place and calling yourself best of the best or doing ops only around Srinagar doesnt help too much in the long run because the IAF and IA SF would have to cross the LOC and IB to carry out missions inside enemy territory.

Garuds have faced a lot of criticism but i think they are doing everything right after Pathankot and in a few years they will be the best of the best in India.

As a part of the Kilo Force they will face one of the toughest terrorists in Kashmir.
I've heard Pakis specifically targeting Garuds in Kashmir to get an understanding of their abilities, what do you think is the liklihood of that bro?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Very solid drills and excellent weapon handling skills (dare I say even better than demonstrated by Paras in many cases?), no doubt that with some real world exposure these guys will be world class.
Paras have a laid back attitude mostly.Garuds seem to be very photogenic.

Drills are not bad.I wont say the best or the worst.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Not talking about those two ops specifically bro but generally.

+ how's your career going bro? Line flying now? Hope you're not emulating the character in your pic :p
Emulating Only the first few seconds from the movie bro.

Its been a long time since we talked.Line flying is long behind me. ☺

12arya

Country flag
im new here. if i shudn't post this here, then let me know.

http://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/indian-armys-surgical-strike-against-terror-camps-in-pakistan-now-the-subject-of-10-part-drama-series-4305153.html
Indian Army's surgical strike against terror camps in Pakistan now the subject of 10-part drama series
Mumbai: The story of India's surgical strike on terrorist hubs in Pakistan is being made into multi-part series.

[URL='http://images.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/IndianArmy825.jpg']

Representational image. Facebook/ Indian Defence Club

Applause Entertainment will be making the series. However, the medium on which the series will be put is still not fixed. It will be decided once the project is ready.

Sameer Nair, CEO at Applause Entertainment, wants to produce content that is deeply rooted in history and reality. That led him to buy the rights of the first chapter of Shiv Aroor and Rahul Singh's book India's Most Fearless: True Stories of Modern Military Heroes, published by Penguin Random House India.

"We are most excited to be telling this story. A 10-part drama series will bring to life India's most audacious military action in recent times, taking the battle deep into the enemy camp. I believe that the stories about homeland security and unsung heroes help make us appreciate their sacrifices and sensitize us as an audience to the enemy within and outside," Nair said in a statement.

"We are looking forward to working with the authors of the book, and Samar Khan who is leading this project for us," he added.

On the partnership, Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat said, "This tremendous tale of bravery is one that every Indian should be familiar with and be inspired by."

Terrorists from Pakistan attacked a military base in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir on 18 September, 2016, leaving 19 Indian soldiers dead. Eleven days later, the Indian Army retaliated with a surgical strike, heightening India-Pakistan tensions.

The authors are also excited about this collaboration.

"We're very excited about this next phase in the journey of India's Most Fearless. Our sole access to the Army officer who led the 2016 surgical strikes offers the only authentic first-hand account of what really happened. It's going to be terrific seeing this true story jump off the pages we wrote and onto screens," they said.

Being produced by Irada Entertainment LLP for Applause Entertainment, the series is being planned for a launch later this year.

Published Date: Jan 16, 2018 15:38 PM | Updated Date: Jan 16, 2018 15:38 PM

[/URL]

Darth Malgus

Country flag

rkhanna

Country flag
im new here. if i shudn't post this here, then let me know.

http://www.firstpost.com/entertainm...-subject-of-10-part-drama-series-4305153.html
Indian Army's surgical strike against terror camps in Pakistan now the subject of 10-part drama series
Mumbai: The story of India's surgical strike on terrorist hubs in Pakistan is being made into multi-part series.

Representational image. Facebook/ Indian Defence Club

Applause Entertainment will be making the series. However, the medium on which the series will be put is still not fixed. It will be decided once the project is ready.

Sameer Nair, CEO at Applause Entertainment, wants to produce content that is deeply rooted in history and reality. That led him to buy the rights of the first chapter of Shiv Aroor and Rahul Singh's book India's Most Fearless: True Stories of Modern Military Heroes, published by Penguin Random House India.

"We are most excited to be telling this story. A 10-part drama series will bring to life India's most audacious military action in recent times, taking the battle deep into the enemy camp. I believe that the stories about homeland security and unsung heroes help make us appreciate their sacrifices and sensitize us as an audience to the enemy within and outside," Nair said in a statement.

"We are looking forward to working with the authors of the book, and Samar Khan who is leading this project for us," he added.

On the partnership, Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat said, "This tremendous tale of bravery is one that every Indian should be familiar with and be inspired by."

Terrorists from Pakistan attacked a military base in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir on 18 September, 2016, leaving 19 Indian soldiers dead. Eleven days later, the Indian Army retaliated with a surgical strike, heightening India-Pakistan tensions.

The authors are also excited about this collaboration.

"We're very excited about this next phase in the journey of India's Most Fearless. Our sole access to the Army officer who led the 2016 surgical strikes offers the only authentic first-hand account of what really happened. It's going to be terrific seeing this true story jump off the pages we wrote and onto screens," they said.

Being produced by Irada Entertainment LLP for Applause Entertainment, the series is being planned for a launch later this year.

Published Date: Jan 16, 2018 15:38 PM | Updated Date: Jan 16, 2018 15:38 PM

Even if the show is inaccurate but well executed it could be a moral booster for the Army

Similarly in America a movie 12 Strong has just released. Completely inaccurate but the actual soldiers like it. Below is SOFREP's review/take on the movie

https://sofrep.com/97997/12-strong-...ils-real-life-heroes-who-deserve-our-respect/

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
.......…...................
Ex NSG and big film maker from the South sharing his views on Patriotism and the ops he did.

Haha....Much more people had been killed by his movies than his bullets.
After seeing his movies I seriously doubt whether he had been to army ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles