Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Want to share with DFI these Pics of my Tauji (uncle) Naib Subedar Jogender Singh 54 BEG who passed away recently. He was a war veteran of 1971 War (eastern front) , champion of Indian Army Rifle Association (Central command) , an expert marksman, Runner up in 6 km ex servicemen Race at the age of 68 and Hav instructor for several years at TB battalion BEG.

View attachment 13720

View attachment 13722

View attachment 13721

View attachment 13723
RIP......................................

Bahamut

Want to share with DFI these Pics of my Tauji (uncle) Naib Subedar Jogender Singh 54 BEG who passed away recently. He was a war veteran of 1971 War (eastern front) , champion of Indian Army Rifle Association (Central command) , an expert marksman, Runner up in 6 km ex servicemen Race at the age of 68 and Hav instructor for several years at TB battalion BEG.

View attachment 13720

View attachment 13722

View attachment 13721

View attachment 13723
May his soul rest in peace

delta

Country flag
i have a few questions on the training of special forces around the world:

most (if not all) employ the buddy system, and these buddy pairs are extremely well versed with each others' idiosyncrasies to the point of forming a perfect complement in the battlefield. if one were to go by the military parlance, they are joined at the hip like brothers.

what happens if and when one of them is killed? does the other soldier go without a buddy from there on? or is he assigned a new buddy? if so, from where? also, wouldn't such an arrangement not be very successful as the two now have to undergo the acquaintance from scratch? also, what if an odd number of recruits qualify to become commandos? does that mean one guy is left without a buddy till the next batch arrives, and so on? wouldnt he miss out on the training till then?

Amrk

Country flag
@Bornubus
If I am not wrong, other people from your family are also serving and even you said somewhere that you wanted to join.
Brother, we are all proud of your family as if it were our own family. If India survives the next 20 years, it will be because of people like you Tauji.
Salute

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
@Bornubus
If I am not wrong, other people from your family are also serving and even you said somewhere that you wanted to join.
Brother, we are all proud of your family as if it were our own family. If India survives the next 20 years, it will be because of people like you Tauji.
Salute
If India survives 20 years? Why so negative bro..Even Pakis dont talk like that.(Whose existence is really under threat)

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Why soldiers are carrying sticks in their hands?
And the side wall... poorly reinforced with some metal sheet what is that? A compound or?
Its a kind of fence which doesnt allow the attackers to get in easily and avoid seeing what resources are located where.

These cannot be permanent structures as the IA is living in some structures belonging to Kashmiri Pandits and local schools also.

My old man used to be a RR commander and i have been to many such places in mid 90s.

Regarding the danda..its can be used as a stretcher and also to take care of some stupid jihadi lovers who create problems.

I hope you know that some places in Kashmir favour us and some not.In the some unfavorable places protest starts during cordon.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Anyone have any extra info on the NSG's 52 SAG (Counter Hijack), specifically their air marshal deployments?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Anyone have any extra info on the NSG's 52 SAG (Counter Hijack), specifically their air marshal deployments?
I do..but i cannot comment on it.I have had the pleasure of having some conversations with them.(because of my profession)

All i would say is that everything is professionally planned to make Indian airspace safe.

And,Please dont discuss these things.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I've the pics of Air Marshal/ SAG (Para SF on Deputation) but i think its not wise to share it.

You won't differentiate the Marshals with ordinary traveler sitting side by side. And they travel in a group 2 or 3 depending on the flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.