Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindia/nsg-ignored-plea-to-rescue-two-guards-trapped-during-pathankot-terror-attack-says-air-force-officer/ar-AAmCstX?li=AAggbRN&ocid=SK2MDHP

The National Security Guard (NSG) “didn’t pay heed” to pleas for rescuing defence guards under fire from gunmen during last year’s Pathankot airbase attack, an air force officer’s statement to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has revealed.

“I heard an RT (radio transmission on a wireless set) in which some DSC (defence security corps) personnel was yelling ‘one is dead and two are wounded, please somebody come (to) evacuate us, else we would die.”

I then asked Brigadier (Gautam) Ganguly (the NSG officer leading the commando team) to get one team prepared for rescue to which he didn’t paid (sic) heed to,” said the officer, wing commander Abhijit Sarin, who was asked to guide the NSG team sent to neutralise the attackers.

DSC is under the administrative control of the defence ministry and guards installations under it.

The NIA charge sheet, filed in a special court in Mohali recently, didn’t delve into what appeared to betray differences between the NSG and the Indian Air Force personnel in their operational strategies.

The charge sheet contained statements by Sarin and many other IAF officers who were witness to the January 2 attack that left six IAF personnel and one NSG officer dead.

Four attackers crossed over from Pakistan on December 30, 2015, and waited at the border for a day before entering the airbase early morning of January 1.

They remained hidden in the airbase for the next 24 hours and launched the attack around 2.45am on January 2. The army reached the airbase around 4.15am.

The NSG unit was moved to Pathankot following alerts by superintendent of Punjab Police Salvinder Singh, who was kidnapped on December 31 and released some distance away from the air base.

The attackers sped away with his vehicle after dumping the SP

When contacted by HT, wing commander Sarin refused to comment on his statement. Brigadier Ganguly said he would speak only after getting permission from his superiors.

NSG sources, however, denied Sarin’s claims. “There was a chance of friendly fire. The air force personnel were firing and running ‘helter-skelter’. And it was the

NSG that rescued people. The statement gives one-sided view of situation. Besides, there were foreign students as well as families residing in the airbase area. The NSG had to secure everyone,” said an NSG source who was involved in the operations at Pathankot.

In his statement to the NIA, brigadier Ganguly said that firing (at the airbase) was continuously shifting and moved towards the DSC line area. Later an army team headed by brigadier Anupinder Bevli reached the air base and surrounded the area with the NSG team. “By the first light (January 2), NSG and Army had cordoned off all DSC line area including open bushy area but we were not sure where the terrorists are (sic) actually hiding. It is to mention here that by this time one of the terrorists had got killed in a scuffle with DSC sepoy Jagdish Ram near DSC lawn area,” he said.

It was not clear from brigadier Ganguly’s statement whether the NSG team waited for the army team to secure the area or a rescue team was sent to evacuate DSC personnel before the army reached.

But brigadier Bevli’s statement to the NIA seemed to offer some clarity. “One column (around 90 to 100 soldiers) with mine protected vehicle was used to evacuate the

DSC personnel on the request of the IAF officer,” he said in his statement. He didn’t name the officer.

Wing commander Sarin stated that when the army team reached the Pathankot airbase, he was withdrawn and asked by air officer commanding JS Dhamoon to reach the VIP cottage area and “get the AOC-in-C secure”.

“Then I left my team and went to the cottage to guard our AOC-in-C. Then after completing it I went to my quarters. Later I heard that three (more) terrorists were gunned down by the NSG in the open area near DSC lawns.”

aditya g

Country flag
Pathankot response rhymes heavily with "fuck up".

http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsi...ce-officer/ar-AAmCstX?li=AAggbRN&ocid=SK2MDHP
http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindia/nsg-ignored-plea-to-rescue-two-guards-trapped-during-pathankot-terror-attack-says-air-force-officer/ar-AAmCstX?li=AAggbRN&ocid=SK2MDHP
The National Security Guard (NSG) “didn’t pay heed” to pleas for rescuing defence guards under fire from gunmen during last year’s Pathankot airbase attack, an air force officer’s statement to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has revealed.

“I heard an RT (radio transmission on a wireless set) in which some DSC (defence security corps) personnel was yelling ‘one is dead and two are wounded, please somebody come (to) evacuate us, else we would die.”

I then asked Brigadier (Gautam) Ganguly (the NSG officer leading the commando team) to get one team prepared for rescue to which he didn’t paid (sic) heed to,” said the officer, wing commander Abhijit Sarin, who was asked to guide the NSG team sent to neutralise the attackers.

DSC is under the administrative control of the defence ministry and guards installations under it.

The NIA charge sheet, filed in a special court in Mohali recently, didn’t delve into what appeared to betray differences between the NSG and the Indian Air Force personnel in their operational strategies.

The charge sheet contained statements by Sarin and many other IAF officers who were witness to the January 2 attack that left six IAF personnel and one NSG officer dead.

Four attackers crossed over from Pakistan on December 30, 2015, and waited at the border for a day before entering the airbase early morning of January 1.

They remained hidden in the airbase for the next 24 hours and launched the attack around 2.45am on January 2. The army reached the airbase around 4.15am.

The NSG unit was moved to Pathankot following alerts by superintendent of Punjab Police Salvinder Singh, who was kidnapped on December 31 and released some distance away from the air base.

When contacted by HT, wing commander Sarin refused to comment on his statement. Brigadier Ganguly said he would speak only after getting permission from his superiors.

NSG sources, however, denied Sarin’s claims. “There was a chance of friendly fire. The air force personnel were firing and running ‘helter-skelter’. And it was the

NSG that rescued people. The statement gives one-sided view of situation. Besides, there were foreign students as well as families residing in the airbase area. The NSG had to secure everyone,” said an NSG source who was involved in the operations at Pathankot.

In his statement to the NIA, brigadier Ganguly said that firing (at the airbase) was continuously shifting and moved towards the DSC line area. Later an army team headed by brigadier Anupinder Bevli reached the air base and surrounded the area with the NSG team. “By the first light (January 2), NSG and Army had cordoned off all DSC line area including open bushy area but we were not sure where the terrorists are (sic) actually hiding. It is to mention here that by this time one of the terrorists had got killed in a scuffle with DSC sepoy Jagdish Ram near DSC lawn area,” he said.

It was not clear from brigadier Ganguly’s statement whether the NSG team waited for the army team to secure the area or a rescue team was sent to evacuate DSC personnel before the army reached.

But brigadier Bevli’s statement to the NIA seemed to offer some clarity. “One column (around 90 to 100 soldiers) with mine protected vehicle was used to evacuate the

DSC personnel on the request of the IAF officer,” he said in his statement. He didn’t name the officer.

Wing commander Sarin stated that when the army team reached the Pathankot airbase, he was withdrawn and asked by air officer commanding JS Dhamoon to reach the VIP cottage area and “get the AOC-in-C secure”.

“Then I left my team and went to the cottage to guard our AOC-in-C. Then after completing it I went to my quarters. Later I heard that three (more) terrorists were gunned down by the NSG in the open area near DSC lawns.”

Horushmar.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsi...ce-officer/ar-AAmCstX?li=AAggbRN&ocid=SK2MDHP

This is what happens when you send a cat to do a bird's job.... or some shit like that:confused1:

abingdonboy

Country flag

To be fair, the primary objective (handed down by the NSA/GoI) of the NSG was to evacuate all base personel and their familes.

It is understandable that in this context CASEVAC was not given the upmost urgency.

It's unfair to blame the NSG for doing their job.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
We don't hear about SG operations. That does not mean that they don't do anything.

Till recently we did not know that SG was part of operation bluestar.
Donno whether it was posted it here or not,it was SG who shot down Bhindrewala and not 1st Para.Bhindrewala was riddled with Ak rounds and during that time only SG and SFF got their hands on Aks which were secretly procured from Bulgaria.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
SFF in J&K:
Are you sure the above pic is of SFF? Most probably Naga or Gorkha RR.Here the men are having regular side folding Romanian Aks which are standard issue to RR and army Ghatak.But in all other pics SFF were armed with either krinkov or regular Bulgarian Ak variants .And SG has been seen with under folding Polish Aks.Never had been them spotted with the Romanians which had been procured by Army exclusively.

ghost

Are you sure the above pic is of SFF? Most probably Naga or Gorkha RR.Here the men are having regular side folding Romanian Aks which are standard issue to RR and army Ghatak.But in all other pics SFF were armed with either krinkov or regular Bulgarian Ak variants .And SG has been seen with under folding Polish Aks.Never had been them spotted with the Romanians which had been procured by Army exclusively.
Yes,these guys are SFF.

Regarding AK:

Status
Not open for further replies.