Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
The Wings Look Like SG Creds. But too much distortion to be 100% Sure

This is the SG Badge

mayfair

The Wings Look Like SG Creds. But too much distortion to be 100% Sure

This is the SG Badge
Are SG badges of different types? Because in the one you posted, the dagger stands vertically inside the shield, in the pic of the soldier above it appears to be tilted at an angle of 45 degrees.

rkhanna

Country flag
Are SG badges of different types? Because in the one you posted, the dagger stands vertically inside the shield, in the pic of the soldier above it appears to be tilted at an angle of 45 degrees.
Just checked with someone. The Badge went through a re-design. Mine is the dated design.

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
SG member I guess. Spotted him after R-day parade.View attachment 13593
Of course he from SG, but notice the insignia on the beret, it's not the standard parachute regiment one, he must be from some other airborne company like :-

60 Parachute Field Ambulance,
411 (Independent) Parachute Field Company (Bombay Sappers),
622 Parachute Composite Company ASC,
50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade OFP (Ordnance),
50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade Signal Company,
2 (Independent) Parachute Field Workshop Company,
1 parachute field regiment (Artillery) (9 & 17 parachute field regiments) and a provost section, an air defence battery

Most of'em have different beret insignia.
and SG does recruit soldiers from other branches as well, not everyone in SG is from para sf.

Last edited:

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Of course he from SG, but notice the insignia on the beret, it's not the standard parachute regiment one, he must be from some other airborne company like :-

60 Parachute Field Ambulance,
411 (Independent) Parachute Field Company (Bombay Sappers),
622 Parachute Composite Company ASC,
50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade OFP (Ordnance),
50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade Signal Company,
2 (Independent) Parachute Field Workshop Company,
1 parachute field regiment (Artillery) (9 & 17 parachute field regiments) and a provost section, an air defence battery

Most of'em have different beret insignia.
and SG does recruit soldiers from other branches as well, not everyone in SG is from para sf.
Looking carefully at the insignia, he looks like he his from 60 Para field ambulance. He is a medic for sure.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Looking carefully at the insignia, he looks like he his from 60 Para field ambulance. He is a medic for sure.
Medic,Sappers,Signal guys etc wear their own insignia with the maroon beret.

The only way to tell is the insignia(if you can recognize it) and the absence of balidaan badge.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Above are not serving SG but served at some particular point of time that's why the soldier Tab of his respective unit most probably SFF. Same is true for Major Deshwal and Maj Udai they weren't SG when they were martyred but served at some particular point of time (or maybe i am wrong) . That's why when they were martyred the official citation mentioned their parent unit (Para)c not SG. Infact SG was never mentioned in any citation because they don't exist.

But below is serving SG (old pic) . No shoulder Tab but only SG insignia because they don't come under Army's Orbat and don't represent their parent Unit/ regiment but like KGB Grom and CIA Special Activities Division (SAD) they perform Deniable ops or Black ops both here or abroad.

So after they completed their deputation in SG and joining their respective Units they will retain the SG tab and wear it on their uniform with pride. Offcourse their Battle honors or their deeds will never be disclosed.

11.jpg

Last edited:

Bornubus

this is from the one where they avenged Capt Kalia right? can you please re-post the story, or at least put the link to the same?? had come across it a long time back, forgot to bookmark it.
This is from 28- 29 sep 2016

The incident you are quoting was posted by @reddevil9 which i don't have the link.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Above are not serving SG but served at some particular point of time that's why the soldier Tab of his respective unit most probably SFF. Same is true for Major Deshwal and Maj Udai they weren't SG when they were martyred but served at some particular point of time (or maybe i am wrong) . That's why when they were martyred the official citation mentioned their parent unit (Para)c not SG. Infact SG was never mentioned in any citation because they don't exist.

But below is serving SG (old pic) . No shoulder Tab but only SG insignia because they don't come under Army's Orbat and don't represent their parent Unit/ regiment but like KGB Grom and CIA Special Activities Division (SAD) they perform Deniable ops or Black ops both here or abroad.

So after they completed their deputation in SG and joining their respective Units they will retain the SG tab and wear it on their uniform with pride. Offcourse their Battle honors or their deeds will never be disclosed.

View attachment 13617
About the shoulder tab you are right

However i am not sure about what you say about the beret and i will try to confirm because in normal infantry battalions also the soldiers wear the insignia but the medic,radio op etc attached to the unit wear their own insignia.

(I may be wrong)

Bornubus

About the shoulder tab you are right

However i am not sure about what you say about the beret and i will try to confirm because in normal infantry battalions also the soldiers wear the insignia but the medic,radio op etc attached to the unit wear their own insignia.

(I may be wrong)
I think you misunderstood my post. In the above pic the SG operator wearing the red beret with SG insignia along with SG tab on the chest but one can't figure out from the pic what's his parent unit or wing.

Unlike 50 (I) Para brigade which composed of the troops from En, Medics and Arty Paratroopers with their Respective insignia of the unit they serve under the Brigade

For ex He belong the Arty of 50th Para

pb.jpg

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I think you misunderstood my post. In the above pic the SG operator wearing the red beret with SG insignia along with SG tab on the chest but one can't figure out from the pic what's his parent unit or wing.

Unlike 50 (I) Para brigade which composed of the troops from En, Medics and Arty Paratroopers with their Respective insignia of the unit they serve under the Brigade

For ex He belong the Arty of 50th Para

View attachment 13620
Ya,but are you saying that the radio op or the medic detached to the SG will not wear his parent unit insignia?Or you just made an observation?

Status
Not open for further replies.