Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It came with the bulk order of Tavor, AN variants are recently bought.
Thats

Thats what i am thinking, though some of friends in para sf is not happy with MARS sight, they prefer Eo-tech 553 against Mars and by my gaming experience ;) i will also choose Eo-tech holo sight against mars cause it give better view..
The IA's SF are the ONLY unit in India that uses the MARS on their Tavors (the CAPFs, Garuds and MARCOs) use the Mepro Mor sight (with a greater battry life, wider angle of view and passive solar charging) although, interestingly the MARCOs use the MARS sight on their Mp-5s (because of the light weight perhaps).

Perhaps the PARA (SF) are just sticking with what they know but it is noteworthy that no other user in India chooses that sight for their Tavors/X95s.

I also notice the NVG mount is poorly bolted to the older helmets although Ballistic or even Fast helmet in service.
There are very few FAST helmets in service in India, a paucity of funds means Indian units are still some of the worst equipped SFs around.

I really wish the MoD would stop f*cking about and authorise the tri-service SOCOM with its own dedicated budget and air wing. I guarentee that within 5 years India would have SFs as well equipped as any unit in the West.

Voldemort

Country flag
Hard in the sense of Physical training only not the entire module, they made a similar documentary on Siachen but they weren't allowed to film in the training area, arty and other assets deployed in Siachen Brigade.

And absolutely no photo/ video of their actual posts.
Was the Siachen documentary made by Discovery channel? I cant find it on Youtube.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
encounter2_20160628_350_630 (1).jpg

Para is probably the few SF in the world which use the mix of Western and Eastern Bloc (Russian) equipment. This gives an opportunity to not only train but to assess the performance of several equipment in the field. Perhaps the reason to switch from Mars to AN Peq variants.

Other similar SF being Vietnam , Ukraine and Egypt etc

But Patka is exclusive to our Forces and kashmiri terrorists :)

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
M107 is a M82A1M/A3 but includes lengthened accessory rail rear grip, and monopod socket. (Ceased production 2010)

The M107A1 is the same rifle but features stronger construction with a 4 lb reduction in overall weight, a retractable monopod, redesigned stock, thermal-guard cheek-piece, and a four-port muzzle brake designed for use with a sound/flash suppressor.

The US Army variant is US Army specific. While another client could buy 'similar' specs i doubt they can buy exactly the same. The M107 program was developed under the US "Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle Congressional Program" and has government funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.