Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardip

India's Paratroopers - Earning the Badge : India’s deadliest warriors go through one of the toughest military selection courses in the world. All to earn a badge that they would die for.

Watch India's Paratroopers on '15th August' at 9PM on Discovery Channel.
I can't wait.. to watch this Amazing Shaw of our great Jawans.. jai hind..:)

hardip

India's Paratroopers - Earning the Badge : India’s deadliest warriors go through one of the toughest military selection courses in the world. All to earn a badge that they would die for.

Watch India's Paratroopers on '15th August' at 9PM on Discovery Channel.
I can't wait.. to watch this Amazing Shaw of our great Jawans.. jai hind..:)

abingdonboy

Country flag
They are still using the old and big AV/PEQ-2A whereas the small version of this is already out AV/PEQ-15AView attachment 9667
What I find more interesting is that they have opted to fit the AV/PEQ-2A IR illuminator when the MARS red dot sight already has a IR and visible laser/illuminator built in to it. I wonder what is wrong with the MARS's IR mode that they felt compelled to do this?

+ the question about why AV/PEQ-2A and not AV/PEQ-15A; it is clearly a question of funds/money or lack thereof. Look at the PARA (SF), despite having world beating training their overall equipment/loadout is about 15-20 years behind Western SFs. No doubt if you gave them the budgets the Western SF units enjoy the Indian SFs would have similar "gucci" gear and would be true monsters given the training they have.

In another 10 or so years they will hopefully be up to the mark....

TAR-21 of IA were recently upgraded ..
Details of the upgrade?

hardip

People tend to think that SF is really cool, With so nice gear and all ..

But the SF guys knows that SF are those crippled chickens who run marathon on single leg ..

yes sir..

O N L Y...
they knows... How much Tough Their Life / training../Job..

no budy can Guess /think/ Talk..

EliteFoxtrot

Thats
What I find more interesting is that they have opted to fit the AV/PEQ-2A IR illuminator when the MARS red dot sight already has a IR and visible laser/illuminator built in to it. I wonder what is wrong with the MARS's IR mode that they felt compelled to do this?

+ the question about why AV/PEQ-2A and not AV/PEQ-15A; it is clearly a question of funds/money or lack thereof. Look at the PARA (SF), despite having world beating training their overall equipment/loadout is about 15-20 years behind Western SFs. No doubt if you gave them the budgets the Western SF units enjoy the Indian SFs would have similar "gucci" gear and would be true monsters given the training they have.

In another 10 or so years they will hopefully be up to the mark....

Details of the upgrade?
Thats what i am thinking, though some of friends in para sf is not happy with MARS sight, they prefer Eo-tech 553 against Mars and by my gaming experience ;) i will also choose Eo-tech holo sight against mars cause it give better view..

rkhanna

Country flag
I think is Documentary will be primarily about the Parachute Regiment and the SF component will be a smaller part of the documentary.

Also with regards to Kit. Keep in mind that they probably shot this a year ago.

EliteFoxtrot

The tittle of the documentary is name as India's Paratroopers - Earning The Badge. The badge is given to only Indian Para SF just after completion of probation brother not to the airborne unit, airborne units have to serve 1 or 2 year in hostile zone to get that badge.

armyofhind

Country flag
The tittle of the documentary is name as India's Paratroopers - Earning The Badge. The badge is given to only Indian Para SF just after completion of probation brother not to the airborne unit, airborne units have to serve 1 or 2 year in hostile zone to get that badge.
Airborne units aren't given the Balidan badge. And that badge is given to new SF recruits after they serve in the hostile zones.

Also, I think the probation for SF guys is longer than three months.
I think more people can shed more light on this. @Bornubus

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Para (Airborne) troops are not entitled to Balidan badge , it is just a specialized infantry not SF, however Airborne training module is totally different than regular infantry.

There are few other special ops such as SHBO (Special Heli borne ops) which are only conducted by Para SF not By Para (Airborne) no idea about Marcos and Garud, if they are capable for such ops.

Last edited:

Bornubus

Para Airborne not SF, they are armed with AK and VZ 58 not Tavor

The blue marking on BMP (which is capable to be Air dropped) signify that it belong to Airborne not Mechanized Infantry

Airborne BMP.jpg

p 50.jpg

p - 50.jpg

armyofhind

Country flag
Para (Airborne) troops are not entitled to Balidan badge , it is just a specialized infantry not SF, however Airborne training module is totally different than regular infantry.

There are few other special ops such as SHBO (Special Heli borne ops) which are only conducted by Para SF not By Para (Airborne) no idea about Marcos and Garud, if they are capable for such ops.
I don't know about Garuds.
MARCOS are capable of SHBO but of course the Navy doesn't have organic airlift capabilities of the scale which the Army does.

rkhanna

Country flag
Dont think the 'Badge' here is the Balidan badge. The Ice Cream Cone is the badge of the paratrooper. And that is earned as well

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
The range is due reason for getting PEQ-2A, The details are already talked abt ..

Give a read to last few pages of this thread ..

Details of the upgrade?

Bornubus

Another reason is the poor battery life of Mars compared With AN Peq variant.

I also notice the NVG mount is poorly bolted to the older helmets although Ballistic or even Fast helmet in service.

13631609_755315297943490_6592951363975473388_n.jpg

The name Anil is clearly visible.

rishivashista13

Country flag
The range is due reason for getting PEQ-2A, The details are already talked abt ..

Give a read to last few pages of this thread ..
Another reason is the poor battery life of Mars compared With AN Peq variant.

I also notice the NVG mount is poorly bolted to the older helmets although Ballistic or even Fast helmet in service.

View attachment 9699

The name Anil is clearly visible.
If there is so much problem , why to use MARS ? Any special reason for using that only ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Bornubus

If there is so much problem , why to use MARS ? Any special reason for using that only ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
It came with the bulk order of Tavor, AN variants are recently bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles