Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishivashista13

Country flag
@abingdonboy

during terror attack on taj marcos just couldnt to the job ,

they were among first responders , they arrive there much before nsg but they back down , yeah ???
MARCOS are not allowed to operate inside India unless any navel base came under attack or in any special situation as in J and K .
MARCOS responded the taj attack because they were nearest to taj hotel .
Mission of Marcos was only to handle the situation till NSG arrives . They were not allowed to start a big operation .
First only 8 Marcos were sent to taj hotel , when they were trying to rescue civilians from hotel , they came under attack . Then another 8 were sent to hotel . They were divided into 2 teams . The job of first team was to rescue civilians , and the job of second team was to cornering the terrorist and not let them interfere in rescue operation . And they done it successfully . The second team which was assault team make contact with terrorists and make them run for their life in havoc leaving their precious bag full of grandes , ammunition , food , detonators etc etc .
When NSG arrives , Marcos gave a small briefing of the situation to NSG and just vanish , as they always do .
Marcos always like to remain the silent heros and always will be ....

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hardip

Senior members, I heard that the PARA(SF) uses MINIMI 7.62mm. Clarify that, please...View attachment 9441

yes.. u r right..
not prove this..

I m sure.. our special forces use this.. weapon in limited number.. nd Only allow use in critical situation..like war or attack by China.. or something else..

Hmmm remember.. over 10 years ago our soldiers using PKM but till long time no information about this..

so u can says our soldiers using..
M249/minimi
M240
also..Other US special forces weapons

hardip

Googled a bit and found this commie link which mention beheading of Pakis by Indian Troops in Kargil. I perfectly justified this act whenever i hear the deeds of our troops in Kargil, who fought against all odds and their presence can still be felt in Kargil Heights.

However, this should not be taken as custom but rare exceptions, Personally if i ever got the chance i would've Piss on their bodies.

Troops of the Naga and Jat regiments told us quite plainly they had killed a few intruders they had captured alive in the heights above Drass. “It was rage, just rage,” one Naga soldier said, “They killed many of our mates, we were angry. When we got them, we butchered them.” As and when they brought bodies of intruders back from the heights, the tied them with ropes and dragged them down. “We had enough load to carry as it was, who was going to bother carrying their bodies? Dragging them down was a favour.” There was no sense of guilt or remorse there, just plain retelling; it was as if a fire of emotion had cleansed the act of murder. [Sankarshan Thakur]

___________________________________________________________________________________
Harinder Baweja, who covered the Kargil war for India Today and is currently with the Hindustan Times, tweeted about a similar experience, and was kind enough to share with me the relevant passage from her Kargil book, A Soldier’s Diary. Published in 2000 by the India Today Group, the book was written in the first person of a soldier. Here is the excerpt:

“We have their dead. And a head. The experiences of 18 Garhwal also show another side of the war. The frustration that has built up among our jawans and the thirst for revenge. Having captured Point 4700, not without significant casualties, their jawans went berserk. One of them took out his knife and slit the head of a Pakistani soldier in one stroke. The head was sent to the Brigade Headquarters at Drass and pinned to a tree trunk.
None of the enemy had yet been captured alive – but this is proof that it is only a matter of time. The enemy head, a grisly trophy, became an exhibition piece. Maj Gen Puri came down from Mughalpura to see it. Other officers dropped in to Brigade Headquarters to take a look. So did some of the journalists who have been routinely visiting the Brigade Headquarters. It was there, pinned on the tree, for anyone who could bear to look at it. In fact, the reporters were shown the head with the warning they they won’t be able to sleep for the next three nights. The sight of the pinched face, hair intact, served the macabre purpose of motivating the troops. Or at least, that’s what some Brigade officers believed. To be honest, it did. This is the first time we have laid our hands on the enemy. We have killed one of them. The sight of the head pinned on a tree has a salutary effect. It kind of makes us feel better. The enemy is no longer invisible. Or invincible. It hangs there for a couple of days before Maj Gen Puri asks for it to be removed, after which it is buried in a corner.”

https://kafila.org/2013/01/16/in-multiples-of-ten-ravanas/

Perspective
Confessions of a war reporter June 2001
By Barkha Dutt
During the Kargil War, Barkha Dutt’s was a familiar face on the television screen, bringing live action on the Star News channel. But she was not telling us the complete story. Now she does.

I had to look three times to make sure I was seeing right. Balanced on one knee, in a tiny alley behind the army’s administrative offices, I was peering through a hole in a corrugated tin sheet. At first glance, all I could see were some leaves. I looked harder and amidst all the green, there was a hint of black – it looked like a moustache. “Look again,” said the army colonel, in a tone that betrayed suppressed excitement. This time, I finally saw.

It was a head, the disembodied face of a slain soldier nailed onto a tree. “The boys got it as a gift for the brigade,” said the colonel, softly, but proudly. Before I could react, the show was over. A faded gunny bag appeared from nowhere, shrouded the soldier’s face, the brown of the bag now merging indistinguishably with the green of the leaves.
Minutes later, we walked past the same tree where the three soldiers who had earlier unveiled the victory trophy were standing. From the corner of his eye, the colonel exchanged a look of shard achievement, and we moved on. We were firmly in the war zone.

It's just Publicity S T u N T... by this barkha...barkha.. k.u.....i....

salute

MARCOS are not allowed to operate inside India unless any navel base came under attack or in any special situation as in J and K .
MARCOS responded the taj attack because they were nearest to taj hotel .
Mission of Marcos was only to handle the situation till NSG arrives . They were not allowed to start a big operation .
First only 8 Marcos were sent to taj hotel , when they were trying to rescue civilians from hotel , they came under attack . Then another 8 were sent to hotel . They were divided into 2 teams . The job of first team was to rescue civilians , and the job of second team was to cornering the terrorist and not let them interfere in rescue operation . And they done it successfully . The second team which was assault team make contact with terrorists and make them run for their life in havoc leaving their precious bag full of grandes , ammunition , food , detonators etc etc .
When NSG arrives , Marcos gave a small briefing of the situation to NSG and just vanish , as they always do .

thanks for the info ,

You give the same mission to the Navy SEALs (20 of them against an unknown enemy with unknown objectives across multiple locations) and see what happens.

There is little more the MARCOs could have done at that time.
me not saying that marcos are useless its just that they are not specialized at hostage rescue like seal team 6 and thats why they had to give it to nsg ,

if me not wrong seal team 6 are well trained for hostage rescue
maybe marcos should create teams which are specialized at their own sector like seal team 6 ,

Navy Seal has C4ISTAR Environment (USSOCOM) Don;t Know how much time It will Take India to develop Such capabilities

They have Also Better Support and logistic
GOD Give us AC-130 Like platform For Covert ops
logistical support is different thing its obviously , as u know depended on budget ,

ac - 130 ??? marcos even didnt had better gear or equipment until taj terror attack ,

and marcos may not gonna get budget like navy seals or their own special submarine like navy seals got because india dont got any military campaigns beyond subcontinent or indian ocean ,

but usa got military bases and campaigns all over the world .

hardip

Damn.. the sniper rifle above is expensive INR 2000lakhs for 177 rifles ?
So. 11.299 lakhs per gun.:eek1::shock::eek1:

this is bitter truth.. bro..

india is the most Import country in international weapons market..

hardip

Totally
What's also useful is when a Western Spec Ops unit responds to an attack. Case in point will be when the US embassy in Libya got hit and you compare that with his the MARCOs performed when 26/11 happened where effectively the MARCOs were in a defensive posture (no element of surprise) just like the super soldiers of Ben Ghazi

Indian SF NSG nd MARCOS.. done very Tarreffic job
300 room check one by one nd secure hostages,with hunt terrorists (brainwashed islamic) ..great job.

but..u talking about..
Attack on US embassy in Benghazi..nd their Protected by private contractor team(few from ex.nevy seals) .. this job was very critical nd hard to achieve it was like pass A vertical limit by walking..
just 13-20 number sp.force against..more then 2000 lybian purpatetors ..with assault rifles, diesel
canisters, mortars, and heavy machine guns and artillery mounted on gun trucks.

to protect Us facilities compound..
was not typically US special ops.
Without aerial support, without gunships like apache/cobra or spooky../A-10 jets..

m mean they just..did impossible..job

indian special forces never facing..like this situation..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

What vanish ?
Don't think you remember the events correctly, they gave a impromptu media briefing before they left.. That media briefing created more confusion than answering questions..

In my opinion if civilians did not see those visuals of NSG slithering down MI17 on their TVs, doubts on national security would have remained..

But I would give benefit of doubt to the Marcos in that situation, I hope there is a policy in place now where ops guys do not speak to media unless authorised.

abingdonboy

Country flag
me not saying that marcos are useless its just that they are not specialized at hostage rescue like seal team 6 and thats why they had to give it to nsg ,
You are right about that, prior to 26/11 MARCOs had not devouted much attention to hostage rescue, they have said as much themselves. Now things have changed and hostage rescue is very much part of their training and skill set.

Do not forget 26/11 was 8 years ago, much has changed since then.

300 room check one by one nd secure hostages,with hunt terrorists (brainwashed islamic) ..great job.
Brother, there were more than 1000 rooms that needed to be cleared!

indian special forces never facing..like this situation..
No SF on the face of the planet were ready to respond to a crisis of this scale in 2008.

Don't think you remember the events correctly, they gave a impromptu media briefing before they left.. That media briefing created more confusion than answering questions..
The MARCOs were made to do that breifing by orders of IN HQ, it was not their idea.

Video showing unable to play.
Do you have the video saved? If so, could you please upload it again by yourself and post the link?
Help a brother out? :yo:

This video isn't working bro?

armyofhind

Country flag
You are right about that, prior to 26/11 MARCOs had not devouted much attention to hostage rescue, they have said as much themselves. Now things have changed and hostage rescue is very much part of their training and skill set.

Do not forget 26/11 was 8 years ago, much has changed since then.

Brother, there were more than 1000 rooms that needed to be cleared!

No SF on the face of the planet were ready to respond to a crisis of this scale in 2008.

The MARCOs were made to do that breifing by orders of IN HQ, it was not their idea.

This video isn't working bro?
No I dunno why it's showing not available when I open it. Anyway, I found the same video reposted by another YouTuber. Thanks Anyway. :)

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
The Price currently is coming to 17000USD - Like I Said the contract is not just for the Gun. It will come with Spare Barrels, Spare Magazines, 100,000 Rounds of AMMO and OPTICS - and Optics would be the most expensive part of the Gun.
Schmidt and Bender PM2 and Nighforce NXS don't retail for more than 2500 USD, Rifle itself is not going to be more than 3000 USD. Take 6000 USD for both rifle and optics, a good match grade cartridge like the Black Hills 168 gr doesn't reatail for more than 30 USD for a 20 round box. Surely spares, ammunition, support and armourer training wouldn't cost 10.5K USD per rifle.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
It's pretty common knowledge, I'm sure many news reports have stated as much over the years.
Nope, in all the literature i have read over the years on this matter. This aspect has never come in public domain.
i'll leave it here...

abingdonboy

Country flag
Schmidt and Bender PM2 and Nighforce NXS don't retail for more than 2500 USD, Rifle itself is not going to be more than 3000 USD. Take 6000 USD for both rifle and optics, a good match grade cartridge like the Black Hills 168 gr doesn't reatail for more than 30 USD for a 20 round box. Surely spares, ammunition, support and armourer training wouldn't cost 10.5K USD per rifle.
Through life support and spares would be priced into the deal (as is the case in almost every single defence deal these days) so there would be extensive spares, warrenties, support packages etc. It would all add up. Generally the life cycle cost model assumes 3-4 times the unit price over its life span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles