Not open for further replies.

AnantS

Country flag
I liked earlier Black Dress of Marcos! This is too Amerikan

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
But, how irregular it is. Camouflage is adopted for a reason and some one at the high end decided to buy black knee guards and elbow guards and black helmets for a digital camouflage uniform and to finish the icing, they gave the men green BPJs and side arm holsters.

Our forces should definitely revise their definitions of camouflage and concealment.
I liked earlier Black Dress of Marcos! This is too Amerikan

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

AnantS

Country flag
^The current dress doesn't camouflage well with their general operation environs. A slightely darker grey(similar to color of their ships), would be preferable.

Rahul Khanna

I cringe everytime MARCOS is used for VBSS training duties alongside US Navy VBSS Teams. While VBSS is a MARCOS skill set it should be part of their MARCOS Training (i.e alongside SEALs etc)

IN also has VBSS teams which need to be brought up to speed wrt Training and Equipment and they should be doing this sort of training.

aditya g

Country flag
Appreciate your sentiment, but there are countless photos of regular officers and sailors of the navy performing VBSS duty in international exercises. Remember Marcos needs exposure too

I cringe everytime MARCOS is used for VBSS training duties alongside US Navy VBSS Teams. While VBSS is a MARCOS skill set it should be part of their MARCOS Training (i.e alongside SEALs etc)

IN also has VBSS teams which need to be brought up to speed wrt Training and Equipment and they should be doing this sort of training.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Now What is this VBSS ?? , i can't get it , please anyone clear it .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag

Sir, I've a friend who is a sublieutenant in the navy. He told me that majority gets an exposure to VBSS such that it can be done rapidly with available assets. He was included in one such raid. Majority on the ship except core technical crew.

Rahul Khanna

Sir, I've a friend who is a sublieutenant in the navy. He told me that majority gets an exposure to VBSS such that it can be done rapidly with available assets. He was included in one such raid. Majority on the ship except core technical crew.
There are 2 Kind of VBSS Crews. Regular VBSS is made up of regular Ship Crew who rotate through VBSS duties. Agressive VBSS is built out of Naval Security (fewer). MARCOS does VBSS from a SOF standpoint.

Appreciate your sentiment, but there are countless photos of regular officers and sailors of the navy performing VBSS duty in international exercises. Remember Marcos needs exposure too
Ofcourse there are. I cringe when MARCOS is training with Vanila Naval Security (Phoren) to gain Exposure. The recent Ex in South Africa (With Brazil) had all three countries Naval SOF units doing VBSS under a Special Operations Umbrella. MARCOS needs exposure in VBSS under Special Operation mandates / Conditions for which it needs to train along side SEALS/SBS/MARSOC etc.. THAT exposure will help them in tactics/equipment etc.

IMO making MARCOS do VBSS with Russian Naval Infantry or USN VBSS teams does injustice to MARCOS (As its not under a true Special Operations mandate - Mission Tasking, Mission Orientation) and does injustice to our Naval Crews as they are missing out a chance to learn.

EliteFoxtrot

Yes Marcos need exposure no doubt in it but it the big boys of the navy have to understand that they have to represent marcos as a badass special force of the navy, just look at their gears and guns they are looking like infantry, special forces will laugh on us after seeing such pics.

Rahul Khanna

UNLESS USN VBSS team is Learning / Being Trained BY MARCOS then thats a different matter. But i doubt that.

Rahul Khanna

hey have to represent marcos as a badass special force of the navy, just look at their gears and guns they are looking like infantry, special forces will laugh on us after seeing such pics.
Honestly I dont care how marcos "LOOK" (despite those Darthvade helmets being funny_ The Iraqi, Afghan and Eastern European SF look Badass and that doesnt mean sqwat. What it does reflect is how little our conventional Military Leaders value SOF as part of overall ORBAT/STRATEGY and Utilization. Either they dont have the will (could be also political) or they dont have the knowledge to utilize them.

MARCOS Like the PARA's and Garud have Up to Date Training compared to the Worlds Tier I. Probably 1/2 Level down equipment but 2 Generations Old Operational Doctrine coming from Above ( Just look at the lack of SOCOM as a direction).

PS. In the 80's and 90's MARCOS was one of the ONLY 3 Naval SF units in the world that could ParaDrop in the Ocean with a FULL COMBAT LOAD.

armyofhind

Country flag
Could someone please quote the source for this?
I doubt these guys are MARCOS.. and if they are... whatever happened to the earlier MARCOS obsession with secrecy?

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Could someone please quote the source for this?
I doubt these guys are MARCOS.. and if they are... whatever happened to the earlier MARCOS obsession with secrecy?
I think retired personnel doesn't have to adhere to the rules of OPSEC and ID Concealment. Once uniform is hanged they can open up about it. And many here seldom doubt @Bornubus and I'm one of them. May be he can provide sources or authentic info.

armyofhind

Country flag
I think retired personnel doesn't have to adhere to the rules of OPSEC and ID Concealment. Once uniform is hanged they can open up about it. And many here seldom doubt @Bornubus and I'm one of them. May be he can provide sources or authentic info.

no no... not the second batch of pics.. I was talking about the first batch of pics in which the exercise with USN VBSS is shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles