Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
is the ballistic helmet issued to them only for parade and in operation they are forced to wear caps?

ghost

is the ballistic helmet issued to them only for parade and in operation they are forced to wear caps?
I also wonder about it at times.main thing is leave aside the ballistic helmet i have never seen them wearing any sorts of helmets beside their parade day.i think it's maybe coz the area where they operate are very hot and humid where they have to track for days through jungles and mountain on foot so they do not use helmet prefer comfort over safety.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
If one look at the Cobra outfit, They are design for light weight which gives insight into there task and terrain ..

tomthounaojam

Country flag
thier operational need would say that wearing helmet would be too Bulky and cumbersome. Btw William Nagar Police station is in Meghalaya.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
is the garuda units of crpf has snipers?a while ago i read that mha decided to import some sniper rifle,automatic grenade launchers and other heavy caliber weapon for crpf battalions-any news on that front?

ghost

is the garuda units of crpf has snipers?a while ago i read that mha decided to import some sniper rifle,automatic grenade launchers and other heavy caliber weapon for crpf battalions-any news on that front?
it's cobra of crpf and yes they have snipers

and yes they have got they have got these equipment and are getting more
garud are airforce commando and they too have snipers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles