Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Its heard that M4s used by PARA develops the very same jamming problem US military had earlier complained.And operators are not at all satisfied.
That's not an M4 but a SIG-552 and I've not heard anything about the SFs being disappointed by the M4- they ordered more just a few years back. Anyway the M4 is not the standard-issue assualt rifle of the PARA (SF)- that's the TAR-21, but the M4 is used by certain operators in certain mission profiles.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
That's not an M4 but a SIG-552 and I've not heard anything about the SFs being disappointed by the M4- they ordered more just a few years back. Anyway the M4 is not the standard-issue assualt rifle of the PARA (SF)- that's the TAR-21, but the M4 is used by certain operators in certain mission profiles.
I heard it as M4 in BR forum.Never heard of anything about SIGs afaik they have a good track record on reliability.Any way couuld be internet haux:p

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
9th PARA SF back in 1999:

In 2011

Why did they switched the helmets with patka iin CT ops?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I did, that is a colt M4 there are no SIG in PARA SF ..

abingdonboy

Country flag
I did, that is a colt M4 there are no SIG in PARA SF ..
I didn't think so either but look closely, this is clearly not the M4 and looks like a SIG-552/3. The gas ejection holes are circular,,lso this rifle doesn't have the front iron sights present on the M4. Lastly the barrel looks fvery similar to the SIGs'.:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Bro, look at the pic closely, with your own eyes! That's clearly the SIG, it's in NO WAY the M4!

--------------

Indian Navy MARCOs !!!!

Man it aint no SIG,its a damn M4,look at the barell SIGs aint got any long barell but a short one.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Man it aint no SIG,its a damn M4,look at the barell SIGs aint got any long barell but a short one.
ALBY, I can't see one M4 or SIG in the pictures.

PIC 1 >> AK variant
PIC 2 & 3 >> MP 5

ghost

i know this is an indian special force related thread but since my question is related to special forces i think this would be the right place to ask
it .the above images shows a us marine marsoc and australian sas .both can be seen carrying something like testube with red colour
i would like to know what is it and for what purpose is it used .members please enlighten me.

Twinblade

Country flag

i know this is an indian special force related thread but since my question is related to special forces i think this would be the right place to ask
it .the above images shows a us marine marsoc and australian sas .both can be seen carrying something like testube with red colour
i would like to know what is it and for what purpose is it used .members please enlighten me.
Looks like infrared glow sticks.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
ALBY, I can't see one M4 or SIG in the pictures.

PIC 1 >> AK variant
PIC 2 & 3 >> MP 5
I was replying to the first part of his post and not about the MARCOS pics

Neil

Country flag
INDO-AFGHAN SPECIAL FORCES JOINT TRAINING IN JODHPUR

(Press Release)

Joint training between Special Forces of the Indian Army and Afghan National Army is underway at Jodhpur. The Joint training will culminate on 29 December 2013. The aim of the training is to promote lasting military relationship between the two countries through jointness and mutual exchange of 'Special Operations Tactics', primarily in a 'Sub Conventional Scenario'. The focus of training is on conduct of counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations, with special emphasis on operations in 'Built Up Areas and Rural Areas', in a realistic functional environment.

Lt Gen Ashok Singh, GOC-in-C (Army Commander), Southern Command viewed the conduct of the training in Jodhpur today and interacted with the participants. He also witnessed various operational exercises executed jointly by Special Forces of the Afghan National Army and Indian Army, as part of their joint training.

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles