Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

Lieutenant General T S Oberoi, the Southern Army Commander during 1983, the former Inspector General of Special Frontier Force is seen in this photo wearing a helmet. The photo was taken during 1982 while he had visited A S C Centre, Bangalore

greek guy

Is the Indian airborne force a Soviet-style airborne force with BMD-1 and Mi-26H / Il-76MD?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Is the Indian airborne force a Soviet-style airborne force with BMD-1 and Mi-26H / Il-76MD?
Considering the IL-76s and MI-26s are being replaced by C-130Js/C-17s and CH-47Fs respectively and the IA will be inducting new ICVs in the coming years, i'd say that's a "no" on them being a "Soviet-style" airborne force!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

PARA SF

These are not PARA-SF, rather RR
These photos except the top one are not recent ones ,they were taken during 2002/03.At that time gear of SF was similar to those of RR.And at that time VZ58s were not common among RR nor in these days too.Any way there are chances that these are RR but there is no link to validate either claim.

SilentKiller

Country flag
India should get more helicopters for Counter insurgency forces.
Rudra and ALH are great options and more mi-17's must be brought.
bring hell to all forces which have taken arms in india.
First counter internal threats then next!!

Dinesh_Kumar

I may be wrong, but that vehicle that looks like a Gypsy, i think, is actually made by Mahindra and sports a diesel and 4WD system.......Maybe some Gurus can confirm it........

true too much of weight on poor gypsy 1.3 litre tiny engine:laugh::laugh:

india is the only country where gypsy is abused at that level:pound::pound::pound:

Blackwater

I may be wrong, but that vehicle that looks like a Gypsy, i think, is actually made by Mahindra and sports a diesel and 4WD system.......Maybe some Gurus can confirm it........

iam the guru:cool2::cool2:

this is 1.3 L, 30 yrs old design gypsy.:p:p

this not moga of punjab where you put diesel engine in gypsy for desi jugard:lol::lol:

IA does not operate diesel gypsy especially the jugard ones as u said

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

MARCOS back in 2000.Look the colour of beret had been changed over the years into maroon.

Manipur Police commando

Assam police commandos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles