Indian nuclear submarines

IndianHawk

Country flag
Wait, S5 is approved and that too in 2006 itself and that too by cunning Khangress.

I can't believe it. @Aniruddha Mulay @IndianHawk @Chinmoy , is it true?
Yes it was chidambaram who demanded that S4 should be bigger then S3 with 8 missile tubes. And he also approved S4* so that line is not ideal untill S5 is developed.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Concard

Country flag
Our first SSBN has missiles which have a range of just 750 kms. Since the submarine is small I can understand why the missiles have short range. It's obvious this SSBN second strike capability is meant for Pakistan. However even the subsequent SSBN's have missiles with ranges of just 3,500 km. What is happening here? With 3,500 km range missile we can't have a second strike capability with respect to China. We need 10,000km range missile in SSBN's to strike any part of China yet be so far away deep in the ocean somewhere safely.

Since we haven't formally admitted we have a 10,000km missile, is it possible we can expect long range missiles in upcoming SSBN's? How many future SSBN's are planned and how many we need ideally?

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Our first SSBN has missiles which have a range of just 750 kms. Since the submarine is small I can understand why the missiles have short range. It's obvious this SSBN second strike capability is meant for Pakistan. However even the subsequent SSBN's have missiles with ranges of just 3,500 km. What is happening here? With 3,500 km range missile we can't have a second strike capability with respect to China. We need 10,000km range missile in SSBN's to strike any part of China yet be so far away deep in the ocean somewhere safely.

Since we haven't formally admitted we have a 10,000km missile, is it possible we can expect long range missiles in upcoming SSBN's? How many future SSBN's are planned and how many we need ideally?
bro, k6 missile will be able to destroy targets around 8000km, and as always we have underreported the range of missile.

the kind of subs you are saying will come by 2029-30(s5 class). it will have massive displacement of 12000-13000 tons.

Concard

Country flag
bro, k6 missile will be able to destroy targets around 8000km, and as always we have underreported the range of missile.

the kind of subs you are saying will come by 2029-30(s5 class). it will have massive displacement of 12000-13000 tons.
I am not particularly well informed with respect to technology of submarines. I just have only surface knowledge.

I know we would have definitely underreported the range of the missiles. I would like to know few things. We will anyway be building limited number of SSBN's. The more range the missiles have the better as it gives the freedom for submarine to wander far away from enemies eyes and still be able to strike without moving closer to the target. How many SSBN's we ideally need for both of our enemies?

As far SSN's how many SSN's we need? I believe it is the SSN's Chinese fear the most as it will disrupt their trade routes. In an Australian show a CCP sympathizer living in Australia made it clear that China will consider striking Australia with nuclear weapons since it is now nuclear zone after AUKUS deal. Apparently if you believe Chinese had a policy of not using nuclear weapons on non nuclear weapon states.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

K4 , already tested multiple times , maybe in service too , as per @porky_kicker it is one of the most advanced BM in our arsenal .

And 3500 km covers most cities if launched from near Andaman chain

THESIS THORON

Country flag
How many SSBN's we ideally need for both of our enemies?
the current ssbns which are getting built under ATV (advanced technology vessel) program, under this program we have to build (s2, s3) then (s4,s4*) and then (s5) there is no official number released regarding the s5 class.

but rumor is there will be 3 s5 subs so total ssbn- 7

As far SSN's how many SSN's we need?
planned for 6 ssn it will be built with help of russians.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think we can build 1st s5 and 1st ssn together and bit delay 2nd and 3rd s5 as a result we can have simultaneous capability
But a side of me tells we have come to the stage where China increased all its capacity many fold times in all sector
We should start acting like China when they had 3 trillion economy

HawkisRight

Country flag
Wow, if true, then it's only time he used his peanut sized brain for his motherland ,other than for filling his own pocket
Well chidambaram was brain behind baloch insurgency between late 2010s he definitely screwed porks within his resources...he also put motabhai shah under tadipaar at that time and then motabhai put him in jail after becoming HM but that's different matter

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I think we can build 1st s5 and 1st ssn together and bit delay 2nd and 3rd s5 as a result we can have simultaneous capability
But a side of me tells we have come to the stage where China increased all its capacity many fold times in all sector
We should start acting like China when they had 3 trillion economy
1ST ssn will come by 2031, we will get akula class ssn in lease by rusi.

there is also rumor that we are leasing second ssn (it can be yasen class)

backburner

Country flag
1ST ssn will come by 2031, we will get akula class ssn in lease by rusi.

there is also rumor that we are leasing second ssn (it can be yasen class)
SUB BRIEF youtube channel said india offered to finance russian belgord class in 2006, if true we missed a serious oppurtunity to get that sweet SSGN tech

Global Defence

New threads

Articles