Indian nuclear submarines

IndianHawk

Country flag
I believe that reactor is being developed for our SSNs. I think 4 SSBNs are enough for now especially with K4 missiles.
190 MW reactor is being developed for S5 class SSBN which were sanctioned long time ago. And are now in building stage after S4 and S4*.

SSN are sanctioned only recently and the rumour is that they will use same 190mw reactor with suitable modification but it's not confirmed yet. Once SSN design is ready we may learn more about their reactor.

IndianHawk

Country flag
is drdo or isro working on solid state batteries, al-air batteries ??

those have some savage energy density.

I had heard that indian oil is doing jv sort of thing with phoren startup phinenergy for al-air batteries.

And surprisingly I have seen that japs are world leader in this battery tech, jaxa had developed most advanced batteries for their rover.
DRDO will anyway be working on batteries for next gen SSK / diesel electric submarines just like Japanese soryu class.

But I don't know much about it .

indiatester

Country flag
U cant really spot the propulsion method from satellite images as it stays under water which can be confirmed from gmap images...so he is just making things up
Possible.
Would be more credible if it came from some subnut like HI Sutton. Even then it would be speculation.... but better than some random twitter id.
Still does not preclude us from having a go at it 😜

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
We don't even know about S4, how you could expect something on S5.

Now whether this is S4 or S3, that has to be seen. Even if it is S4, whether it has been out for trial or been deployed too is unknown yet. So leave alone knowing anything of their status. Be happy with what has been feed over on SM.
(With reference to this Satellite Picture)
20211230_121753.jpg

Yes this is definitely S-4 in the Picture. Because it's clear that there are 3 submarines in the picture.

INS Arihant was the First ship of the Arihant class and was designated as S2, INS arighat was designated as S3 so automatically the third Submarine is what? Yes it's S4.

After S4 ,I believe that there won't be any S5, Rather there will be an S4* and only after that will there be an S5 submarine. S5 will reportedly be nearly double the displacement of current Arihant class and can be reportedly compared to American Ohio class submarines.
Alpha Defence claimed in his video todays one was actually S4*.
I believe that's a mistake. I think so he meant to say S4 and not S4*.

Anyways these Submarines are going to be a game changer for Indian Navy in terms of Nuclear deterrence.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
(With reference to this Satellite Picture)
View attachment 128488
Yes this is definitely S-4 in the Picture. Because it's clear that there are 3 submarines in the picture.

INS Arihant was the First ship of the Arihant class and was designated as S2, INS arighat was designated as S3 so automatically the third Submarine is what? Yes it's S4.

After S4 ,I believe that there won't be any S5, Rather there will be an S4* and only after that will there be an S5 submarine. S5 will reportedly be nearly double the displacement of current Arihant class and can be reportedly compared to American Ohio class submarines.

I believe that's a mistake. I think so he meant to say S4 and not S4*.

Anyways these Submarines are going to be a game changer for Indian Navy in terms of Nuclear deterrence.
But it's sure that s4* is at its last stage of building

Super Flanker

Banned
But it's sure that s4* is at its last stage of building
Yes I am sure of that, and after that ,the Construction of S5 will start soon.

After S4 ,I too am sure that S4* is in it's Advanced stages of construction. And after the Launching of S4* ,I guess the construction of S5 will soon follow.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What Claim of Alpha Defence do you find logical? Could you please tell us?
That the s4 has been launched earlier and now which is seen in sat pic is s4*
Bcoz there is very limited news about it we can say that arighat could have been commissioned earlier in 2020 so by then s4 could have been launched and now s4*
Just my wild assumption nothing else

Super Flanker

Banned
That the s4 has been launched earlier and now which is seen in sat pic is s4*
Bcoz there is very limited news about it we can say that arighat could have been commissioned earlier in 2020 so by then s4 could have been launched and now s4*
Just my wild assumption nothing else
To be honest, there are some conspiracy theories which are flooding around which point out to this Submarine being not S4 but S4* but we may never know. There are many Assumptions with regards to such things.

All news with regards to such programs like nuclear powered Submarines are mostly kept Under wraps(for good reasons).

There is also the Possibility that this Submarine is actually S4* and not S4 as Claimed which could actually mean that construction of S5 submarines could have already started by now.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
To be honest, there are some conspiracy theories which are flooding around which point out to this Submarine being not S4 but S4* but we may never know. There are many Assumptions with regards to such things.

All news with regards to such programs like nuclear powered Submarines are mostly kept Under wraps(for good reasons).

There is also the Possibility that this Submarine is actually S4* and not S4 as Claimed which could actually mean that construction of S5 submarines could have already started by now.
Even u see s5 was cleared around 2006 and expected around 2021 to enter service but as usual delays
But it shows that most techs would have been made and manufactured in mean time so this assumption can't be superstitious

Super Flanker

Banned
Even u see s5 was cleared around 2006 and expected around 2021 to enter service but as usual delays
But it shows that most techs would have been made and manufactured in mean time so this assumption can't be superstitious
Yes ,I do believe that the Technology which is required for the construction of S5 has already been developed.

Also we have reportedly seen the Picture of the Model of S5 which I believe was leaked out. Anyways I know one thing for sure with all these Submarines, INS Arihant, INS Arighat only is enough to Destroy entire Pakistan should the need arise.

Anyways i am excited to know what information comes in future. lets see

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes ,I do believe that the Technology which is required for the construction of S5 has already been developed.

Also we have reportedly seen the Picture of the Model of S5 which I believe was leaked out. Anyways I know one thing for sure with all these Submarines, INS Arihant, INS Arighat only is enough to Destroy entire Pakistan should the need arise.

Anyways i am excited to know what information comes in future. lets see
Our purpose is now to create a credible deterrence in IOR against PLAN

Vamsi

Country flag
Wait, S5 is approved and that too in 2006 itself and that too by cunning Khangress.

I can't believe it. @Aniruddha Mulay @IndianHawk @Chinmoy , is it true?

Super Flanker

Banned
Our purpose is now to create a credible deterrence in IOR against PLAN
Yes I know that but Pakistan also has nukes, so we can't ignore them. Even they are a threat to us.

If Pakistan Fires nuclear armed ballistic Missiles at us than our INS arihant will just have to sit a couple of 100 kms away and shoot K4 Missiles at them in retaliation.

Anyways over time we will have enough Necessary nuclear Deterrence to tackle both Pakistan and China together I assume.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles