Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars ofcourse this No. 8 @binayak95 Nibba.

Wearing khaki shorts, pit helmet and navy patch and ranks. Now that not possible in today's Modern Navy's.

images - 2023-08-01T182955.514.jpeg

swapcv

Country flag
@Blademaster crews on any ship are given designated roles to perform depending on rank, qualification and training. You are confusing those performing the role of Watch Officers under an OOD (Officer of the Deck), himself under the supervision of a CDO(Command Duty Officer, usually always the XO), with those within the CIC who perform their duties nominally under the supervision of the SWO (Surface Warfare Officer). Depending on the situation, the SWO could be under the Ship's XO (Executive Officer) or the Captain himself, leaving the Bridge to the NO (Navigation Officer) who then becomes the OOD. Now this could vary from Navy to Navy, and will largely boil down to how each Navy envisions its C2 to be on their ships.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Could we ever posses this type of capability?.

Haldilal

Country flag
Nope
Now cry

Fun Fact : Tonnage wise, Veer class was probably the most armed surface vessel we ever had. Those tiny 450t ships had 16x AShM, 1x 76mm SRGM, 2x AK-630, bunch of MANPADs and machine guns.
Ya'll Nibbiars you like cry, are you depressed?.

swapcv

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Could we ever posses this type of capability?.

Yes, it's called P-15A/B, the only difference I see here is the somewhat lower magazine capacity in terms of VLS. and conventional (COGAG) propulsion. And as for those claiming "Muh! No Tomahawks!" we have the BrahMos already and the ITCM will be coming online soon.

Haldilal

Country flag
Yes, it's called P-15A/B, the only difference I see here is the somewhat lower magazine capacity in terms of VLS. and conventional (COGAG) propulsion. And as for those claiming "Muh! No Tomahawks!" we have the BrahMos already and the ITCM will be coming online soon.
Ya'll Nibbiars It's a Nuclear AEGIS Cruiser with two arm launchers with 136 missiles. Not a Conventional destroyer. Who at most will carry not more than 80 missiles even if the VLSRSAM are installeds.

jai jaganath

Country flag
But sir where are u gonna place item if it successfully clear all trails and enter service
I mean I am assuming the areas which seems empty are filled with necessary compartments and equipments inside

swapcv

Country flag
The only thing that stands out there is Nuclear. Otherwise, CGN-42 was going to sport dual-arm Mk.26 launchers (as in early Tico's) and older missiles.

swapcv

Country flag
But sir where are u gonna place item if it successfully clear all trails and enter service
I mean I am assuming the areas which seems empty are filled with necessary compartments and equipments inside
Existing UVLM for Brahmos, we have 16 of them, depending on the mission set, the missile loaded will be different.

Haldilal

Country flag
The only thing that stands out there is Nuclear. Otherwise, CGN-42 was going to sport dual-arm Mk.26 launchers (as in early Tico's) and older missiles.
Ya'll Nibbiars not the AEGIS Long Beach with almost Double the VLS that of the current Amerike Destroyer. Sadly the Peace Dividend kille that one. In this render it's shown with arm launchers but was actually planned with retrofitted VLS.

NH-90071-KN_CGN-9_AAW_Refit_for_FY77-78-79_Concept_(FADE).jpg

swapcv

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars It's a Nuclear AEGIS Cruiser with two arm launchers with 136 missiles. Not a Conventional destroyer. Who at most will carry not more than 80 missiles even if the VLSRSAM are installeds.
Yes, but how many of those missiles can even intercept a sea skimmer or a hypersonic threat? Do keep in mind that this is a design from the early 70's when the threat from such missiles was only just emerging. Pretty sure a Barak-8 has a higher Pk against the assumed target set compared to an early-generation SM-1MR or SM-1ER. So a CGN-42 class is going to be expending much more missiles to get a kill compared to a P-15A. Also, early AEGIS was quite basic compared to the AEGIS we have today.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles