Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well people are getting hostile just because I questioned it and how tf am I spamming everywhere when I have just posted it in the relevant threads. As of my source, it's an Indian naval personnel only and a pretty old one at that. If you somehow think I will name my source , well aren't you living in a cocoon then.
We are in a warlike situation where Indian military is launching active ops. These ops are largely intelligence gathering and readiness ops; but ops nonetheless which is different situation from peacetime.

I do not know about this particular incident but information can be restricted in the given scenario.

shankyz

Country flag
More pics of the formation from different angles

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Willy3

Country flag
Indian Navy Mig-29K Multirole Fighter Jets flying alongside French Navy "La Royale" Rafale M Fighter Jets supported by a Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye

beautiful photos....the first one will be my lappy wallpaper

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
One of the main benefits of having a catapult launcher in carrier whether steam or emals is that you can launch AEW&C aircrafts and HALE drones , hopefully Indian Navy will have this Capability in next decade with IAC2

Advaidhya Tiwari

Last Day of Varuna Exercises View attachment 34905 View attachment 34906 View attachment 34908 View attachment 34909 View attachment 34910 View attachment 34911

Rafale will be the winner of contract 57 naval jets for navy ,just speculation.
Rafale does not take off from STOBAR of Vikrant. IAC2 is 7-8 years away. Why will india buy rafale now?
One of the main benefits of having a catapult launcher in carrier whether steam or emals is that you can launch AEW&C aircrafts and HALE drones , hopefully Indian Navy will have this Capability in next decade with IAC2
HALE drone is not important but AEWACS is. Drones can fly for over 24 hours and hence we can easily fly from coast to the carrier

rone

Country flag
Last Day of Varuna Exercises View attachment 34905 View attachment 34906 View attachment 34908 View attachment 34909 View attachment 34910 View attachment 34911

Rafale will be the winner of contract 57 naval jets for navy ,just speculation.
yep most likely am pretty much confident french won't bet its best fighter against Russian ones, if u seen all red flag exercise french attend they just come there to snoop the electric data but this one look like pre-trail or final user demo with hand on real-life experience also dassult announcement of saying it can use sky jump fir take off , when u connect all points in middle of 2020 we can here an extension order of Rafel if BJP back again

White Wolf

Country flag
I guess there are no boundaries for ignorance.
Look at the porkchops bouncing and jumping in the comments section :rofl::rofl:

bhramos

Country flag
#IndianNavy The Floating Dock Navy-1 (FDN-1) commences her voyage from Port Blair, for her 3rd refit to M/S Larsen & Toubro Shipyard, Chennai. The dock has been the work horse for the Andaman & Nicobar and has undertaken about 275 docking ops till date. (Indian Navy)

Shashwat

Country flag
MDL has started manufacturing 3rd P17A Frigate on 31 Jan 2019, second frigate construction started on 26 Feb 2018.

CWP&A, inaugurated the commencement of Production activity of the third ship of P-17A (Y-12653) stealth class frigate on 31st Jan 2019 in the P&A Shop, South Yard in the presence of Cmde Rakesh Anand, Chairman and Managing Director, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, all Directors and other Senior Officials from MDL and Indian Navy. The P17A class frigates are follow-on warships of the Shivalik class. Seven frigates in this series will be constructed of which four will be constructed in MDL and three in GRSE with MDL as the lead yard.
Construction of P17A ships differs in the very concept of frontline warship building by way of adoption of the modern technology of ‘Integrated Construction (IC) methodology’ where the blocks are pre-outfitted with pipes, fittings etc to reduce the build period of warships.

The P17A class frigates will have enhanced stealth features. These ships are being built using indigenously developed steel and fitted with the state-of-the-art weapon and sensor systems along with advanced Integrated Platform Management System.-
Source - http://www.psuconnect.in/news/commencement-of-production-of-third-ship-of-project---17a/17340

For 2nd Frigate- https://mazagondock.in/writereaddata/pdf_doc/Annual_Reports/Annual_Report_English_2017-2018.pdf

Archer

Country flag
5 big developments for Navy.
LRSAM works and is in production.
ALTAS has met many NSQRs in trials and demonstrated sterling ranges.
Varunastra in production
Varuna in production
USHUS-2 in production and has demonstrated very good performance in trials.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Sources please? Is it news, twitter or reliable journalist like Saurav Jha or Anantha Krishna?
5 big developments for Navy.
LRSAM works and is in production.
ALTAS has met many NSQRs in trials and demonstrated sterling ranges.
Varunastra in production
Varuna in production
USHUS-2 in production and has demonstrated very good performance in trials.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles