Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Advaidhya Tiwari

We have had CAD software for a long time now. There is no need to hand sketch anything. 3D dimensions can be handled by the software. The important part is figuring out how to fit a Catapult on the QE design. The ship was supposedly designed with the F-35 in mind, so unless MWF can lift off with reasonable payload from that design, we need a catapult. And for the catapult we need to do quite a bit of redesigning.
I know that there is CAD. But even then designing is not as simple. We not only have to make design of each parts individually but also as combination. This will involve significant work even with CAD.

Rest about redesigning QE to have CATAPULT is exactly what I was saying. MWF will be made to take off from Vikrant. But India wants CATAPULT for Vishal as it helps in lifting off heavy payload and also to lift NAMCA

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
By 2025 we would have 7 destroyers and INS Vikrant and hopefully P17a frigates with MFSTAR which can interact with each other ,other ships ,air assets like AEW&C and Naval satellite ,indian navy will know the maritime environment 'big picture' in the indian ocean and crucial choke points and will be miles ahead in network centric warfare with adversaries

Filtercoffee

Country flag
DO NOT FORGET what happened to the
HF - 24 Marut due to the Orpheus engines powering them and leaving them sub sonic, even if they were a Mach 2+ capable airframe. Uk is a little laid back when an extreme requirement is concerned.

Sorry but it is true, the P-51 Mustang is a big example of involvement. If there were'nt high number of allied fighters, it would be a difference in regime today. World wide, mind you. if only the connection was as strong as should be, we would have a fighter which was exactly like the Mig - 21; which flies till this date. I believe it is imperative to find another Allied partner, consultant and an observer for Vishal class aircraft carriers. If made into a class.

Personally I hope the class status for the next type is the Vishal class. Wrong choice if made as a partner is what I believe the Uk is for the next Carrier(s). The UK hasnt seen a high degree of carrier warfare; compared to the US and its very inexperienced. FALkLANDS is cake walk by the way in comparison.

I want a perfect future where the UK can be a well wisher but never a consultant. God bless me for this.

Last edited:

Filtercoffee

Country flag
News about UK partnership for carriers are just media speculation.
IN will design IAC-2 on its own based on the experience of IAC-1 and work will begin in next 3 years as per CNS.
You know I want what you said to be true. I know what they have planned is a little depressing but we can atleast put the right way forward for a better result and a career for the questioned asset, for it to work in the real dimension, and not in' khayali pulav' (as I see It). God bless you friend for a support I (an Indian Citizen) was looking for.

Last edited:

G10

Country flag
Why indian navy is looking a ski jump vertical landing carrier when it wants to operate catapult and arrested recovery. They can copy relevant ideas but have to design own.

ram singh तोपची

Country flag
off the topic . do IAF and Indian naval aviation engage in mock combat exercises with each other eg. Mig-29upg against Mig-29k or perhaps Su-30mki up against Mig-29k ,if yes then i wonder who generally gets the upper hand.Any body any info will be much appreciated

Global Defence

New threads

Articles