Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Blademaster

Man these western companies get to take and publish pictures of Indian submarines and military installations without any kind of blowback, pushback or punishment by GoI. But when Indian companies try to do the same against western installations man there are repercussions by the US gov't and western companies. I am so sick of these double standards.

skunk works

Country flag
Man these western companies get to take and publish pictures of Indian submarines and military installations without any kind of blowback, pushback or punishment by GoI. But when Indian companies try to do the same against western installations man there are repercussions by the US gov't and western companies. I am so sick of these double standards.
Remember, if they are parked outside, we wanted them to be photographed.

DumbPilot

Country flag
To be fair, as @skunk works said, we probably wanted them to be photographed. I say this, because of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokhran-II#Preparations_for_the_test

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Indian Navy has approached the DAC for Grant of AON for construction of 3 Diesel Electric Subs at MDL, Mumbai in Partnership with France Naval Group. All 3 Subs will be fitted with DRDO AIP and then all Ex 5 Kalvari Class Subs during their Mid life Refit.

FrKIId9WcAIBoEz.jpeg

Blademaster

entire indian navy in last 10 years . and they have accelerated construction .
Not sustainable at all. For starters, you need to maintain them and keep them seaworthy. Not an easy thing to do. It is highly maintenance intensive. Take a look at USN's budget and how they are blowing it out in trying to keep their ships seaworthy and combat capable. Trust me, PLAN will soon face an avalanche of maintenance issues that they will need to keep tabs on and that will greatly slow down the construction rate of the PLAN.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Not sustainable at all. For starters, you need to maintain them and keep them seaworthy. Not an easy thing to do. It is highly maintenance intensive. Take a look at USN's budget and how they are blowing it out in trying to keep their ships seaworthy and combat capable. Trust me, PLAN will soon face an avalanche of maintenance issues that they will need to keep tabs on and that will greatly slow down the construction rate of the PLAN.
The PLAN is a still a defensive fleet. Most of it will sail in brown waters so it doesn't matter. It's like soviet T-34 tank repair facilities in ww2 that always kept close to the frontlines. They want to be able to completely blockade Taiwan hence they are printing ships. They mass produce everything for cheap so I don't think they are worried about expenses. A lot of these ships they are inducting are built with planned obsolescence. They'll replace entire production batches because it'd be cheaper.

binayak95

Country flag
not to mention, training and retaining a crew that large. The PLAN is walking on a bridge made from eggshells

IndianHawk

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Indian Navy has approached the DAC for Grant of AON for construction of 3 Diesel Electric Subs at MDL, Mumbai in Partnership with France Naval Group. All 3 Subs will be fitted with DRDO AIP and then all Ex 5 Kalvari Class Subs during their Mid life Refit.

View attachment 196592
Sensible decision. They should abandon unobtanium p75i and order 6 more kalvari to continue production untill SSN start production then go only forward with SSN.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles