Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
If Dassault agrees to fold the wings, it's an auto win for the Rafale-M. Parts commonality aside, it's lighter and smaller. And we don't have the luxury of space or catapults to send out a heavier bird with similar payload. And as members have already pointed out, the arrestor cables were not originally rated for a heavier bird like the SH.

binayak95

Country flag

@binayak95 sir what are your thoughts?
I dont like it - I understand and support the idea of having uniform ranks across all 3 services - but because the services and the roles there in are so vastly different, I dont see how you can implement it. I kinda like what NATO has done - where each service nation retains its og ranks, but they are referred to with codes designating the exact seniority, role and branch across all NATO members. We should just adopt that instead of reinventing the wheel.

binayak95

Country flag
Then why french using rafale ?? and why iaf choose eft & rafale and not sh ?? and why usa not selling sh to china & f35 to india ??
Right now rafale is better suited for IN, like mig29k two decade ago.
Because the French spent 80 billion dollars on designing and perfecting the Rafale for THEIR specific requirements?

Ditto for the Eurocopter Tiger which is a dog shit helo that they still stubbornly use because to not do would be hurtful to their pride and industry.

F18 is a better carrier bird because of sheer numbers, experience, support system and the ability brought on the table by the EA18.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I dont like it - I understand and support the idea of having uniform ranks across all 3 services - but because the services and the roles there in are so vastly different, I dont see how you can implement it. I kinda like what NATO has done - where each service nation retains its og ranks, but they are referred to with codes designating the exact seniority, role and branch across all NATO members. We should just adopt that instead of reinventing the wheel.
Thank you for ur insight letss see what they come up with

johnj

Because the French spent 80 billion dollars on designing and perfecting the Rafale for THEIR specific requirements?

Ditto for the Eurocopter Tiger which is a dog shit helo that they still stubbornly use because to not do would be hurtful to their pride and industry.

F18 is a better carrier bird because of sheer numbers, experience, support system and the ability brought on the table by the EA18.
I think you confused between native indians with indians, here we are talking about India, officially the Republic of India, is a country in South Asia and its navy.
For your info, IN choose the best jets which meet its requirements, not your fantasy.
It doesn't matter which is the best, but what IN needed, and if EU can buy dog shit helo, then why IN can't buy rafale ?? Republic of India already brought rafale for IAF and can do same for IN without any delay.

binayak95

Country flag
I think you confused between native indians with indians, here we are talking about India, officially the Republic of India, is a country in South Asia and its navy.
For your info, IN choose the best jets which meet its requirements, not your fantasy.
It doesn't matter which is the best, but what IN needed, and if EU can buy dog shit helo, then why IN can't buy rafale ?? Republic of India already brought rafale for IAF and can do same for IN without any delay.
yeah yeah, get off your horse and slog in the grass.
dont lecture me about geography when i slogged years in Her service.
Arrogant youngsters with no real world experience nor a drop of wisdom in the vast emptiness between their ears.

SKC

Country flag
American equipment might be better/ cheaper whatever.. but once sanctions hit we will be sitting with thenga .. They have done it before with us and are doing so with turkey today . Its better that we hedge our bets.
Yeh Sanctions ka Jhunjhana bajana band karo ab. For 2-3 decade every one is saying Sanctions Sanctions.

US sanction on Iran did not stop Iran to operate the F-14 Tomcats. There was no kill switch in it. They managed to secure parts from black market until that was stopped by US and then Iran started mothballing other remaining F-14.

They have older US planes also which they reversed engineering and started building operating new indigenous copies.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Yeh Sanctions ka Jhunjhana bajana band karo ab. For 2-3 decade every one is saying Sanctions Sanctions.

US sanction on Iran did not stop Iran to operate the F-14 Tomcats. There was no kill switch in it. They managed to secure parts from black market until that was stopped by US and then Iran started mothballing other remaining F-14.

They have older US planes also which they reversed engineering and started building operating new indigenous copies.
I would say, If we can get an Indian manufacturing plant for the engines, go for the FA18. Its much better, especially if we get some growlers as well. Apart from very precise things like engines, rest can be reverse engineered with not too much difficulty. Worst case, we can replace mission computers and put in our own sensors, only limitation on us are the fact that we dont have adequate engine tech.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles