Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Hheheheheheh
View attachment 170333

Full ass on fire of Wire, need firetruck fastt.
🚒 🚒
The most based flag that we are not allowed to have.

flag.png

Wire staff would have committed seppuku.

You can already imagine the slander.

"Hindutva Ideology is encompassing Indian identity in the flag".

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
The Feb 27th episode proved what was obvious for a long time- Pakistan has the advantage if conflict if kept below the all out war threshold because india just wants to keep the status quo and is more than happy to back down. As I said above, India’s depth will eventually lead to a conventional advantage maybe after 1-3 months of combined arms conflict. Of course in this scenario the wild card is China opening up the eastern front or even signalling they would do that, that’s a truly apocalyptic scenario that could leave India squeezed in both sides and without the local strength to even hold the line.

I remember hearing a few years back that the IAF’s tactics for a 2 front war would be to launch overwhelming Ops to the West to quickly gain air supremacy and then pivot their assets to the East. I remember thinking at the time this was optimistic thinking but seeing the evolution of the AD and UAS technologies this kind of plan is suicidal and would risk the IAF becoming combat ineffective on both fronts pretty quickly, they are the force that perhaps has the least depth and yet are the ones that will dictate the overall strategic success of any campaign. Put them together and the picture isn’t very rosy but IAF are living in an alternate planet where all is good because they’ve issued an RFI for MRFA

+ fully agreed that a humiliating defeat is the only way anything would ever change. For now leadership can play on the general ignorance of the populace and keep claiming the Indian services are the best and ready for any challenge.
One 1962 lead to rearmament and massing of troops and equipments to higher level atleast till the end of 90’s. I think in the 80’s Forbes put out an article with Indian navy on cover saying we are the Asia’s Powerful navy. Once the equipment we purchased in 60’s and 70’s have been retired successive governments have refused to replish retired regiments due to lack of money and confidence in their diplomacy.

Come 2025, they will talk Galwan happened as if 5 decades back and will talk Hindi Chini Bhai bhai

abingdonboy

Country flag
One 1962 lead to rearmament and massing of troops and equipments to higher level atleast till the end of 90’s. I think in the 80’s Forbes put out an article with Indian navy on cover saying we are the Asia’s Powerful navy. Once the equipment we purchased in 60’s and 70’s have been retired successive governments have refused to replish retired regiments due to lack of money and confidence in their diplomacy.

Come 2025, they will talk Galwan happened as if 5 decades back and will talk Hindi Chini Bhai bhai
I saw a chart of Indian defence spending as a % of GDP and national budgets, it’s been declining since the 1960s and accelerated quite a bit under Modi.

massive welfare programs might by you votes but you’re on borrowed time. No amount of ‘thug life’ moments by Jaishanker move the needle- the world only respects hard power

talk softly and carry a big stick as they say. Instead india has to chest beat and hope no one realises the emperor isn’t wearing any clothes

IndianHawk

Country flag
I saw a chart of Indian defence spending as a % of GDP and national budgets, it’s been declining since the 1960s and accelerated quite a bit under Modi.

massive welfare programs might by you votes but you’re on borrowed time. No amount of ‘thug life’ moments by Jaishanker move the needle- the world only respects hard power

talk softly and carry a big stick as they say. Instead india has to chest beat and hope no one realises the emperor isn’t wearing any clothes
Just increasing budget to buy foreign imports only makes us even weaker against foreign Powers.
This govt is judiciously putting money for indegenous projects. Lca mk2 , SSN , AMCA. These are the real sticks we will carry .

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Just increasing budget to buy foreign imports only makes us even weaker against foreign Powers.
This govt is judiciously putting money for indegenous projects. Lca mk2 , SSN , AMCA. These are the real sticks we will carry .
Ya'll Nibbiars and to accelerate that need more money.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
The following, from respected defence commentator Shiv Aroor's blog, is a major- and should I say, extremely positive - development....provided it comes to fruition ofcourse :D

Cochin Shipyard to build 5 aircraft carriers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The keel of India's first indigenous aircraft carrier, to be the second warship christened INS Vikrant, will be laid on February 28 at Kochi. But it is now clear that while Cochin Shipyards will build three aircraft carriers in the current 37,500-ton category (the second and third are to be christened INS Viraat and INS Vishaal apparently), design work has already begun in earnest to develop and build two more aircraft carriers with not only much larger displacements, but possibly nuclear propulsion as well.

Unlike what the model in the photograph depicts, the new INS Vikrant will almost definitely be inaugurated with a flight of MiG-29Ks as its commissioning deck birds rather than the Naval Light Combat Aircraft (the Express has a report about this today). More details soon.

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2009/02/cochin-shipyard-to-build-5-aircraft.html
And it has been commissioned after 13 years .
On Feb 28 , 2009 the keel was laid .
On 2 September, 2022 INS Vikrant was formally commissioned into Indian navy.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
India should dominate the Indian ocean .
India should convert bay of bhangal into a lake .
If chola could do it , why can't we ?
@Tactical Doge. @Suryavanshi. @Waanar. @FalconSlayers
The key is always industries, Cholas had a bustling economy centered around trade and fisheries. to complement that they made a massive Naval Fleet and as a result left their legacy across entire south asia.

We built massive ships and stayed ahead of the curve so much so that the dutch were impressed that Chola ships were10 times bigger than theirs. Not to mention a bustling Inland ship trade, Chola mastered every aspect of the water. This is significant because Chola had a caliber for their respective time that was only matched by British in terms competence.

So key to Naval Supremacy is marine Industry.

Indians of today are meek and afraid to set larger than life goals.

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The key is always industries, Cholas had a bustling economy centered around trade and fisheries. to complement that they made a massive Naval Fleet and as a result left their legacy across entire south asia.

We built massive ships and stayed ahead of the curve so much so that the dutch were impressed that Chola ships were10 times bigger than theirs. Not to mention a bustling Inland ship trade, Chola mastered every aspect of the water. This is significant because Chola had a caliber for their respective time that was only matched by British in terms competence.

So key to Naval Supremacy is marine Industry.

Indians of today are meek and afraid to set larger than life goals.
Era of imperial cholas were way before Britishers became a naval power
We built massive ships and stayed ahead of the curve so much so that the dutch were impressed that Chola ships were10 times bigger than theirs.
Ye kb hua🤔

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Okay time to day dream or night dream hehe .
I wish a very powerful indian navy, the most powerful in indian ocean , capable of challenging even usa .
And we need to build that begini type ship for both each command , to serve as a ceremonial ship amd also go on goodwill visits across the world , imagine the face of Europeans when they will see this ship .
I saw the japnese navy buildup and strength , they are stronger than us .
For all intents i myself consider our navy still a green water navy or barely blue water navy .
We should atleast be stronger than japs and S Korea or samsung Korea.

Knowitall

Indians were not so cuckolded back then, they still had blood flowing through their veins. More people eat meat now than ever in India but no back bone lol
Its the way of thinking you know.

Even today the west despite being in decline tries to act like an imperial power commanding huge armies deployed around the world even if it results in them dying of overtaxation.

This global posture in face of ever dwindling numbers show the mindset of the white people.

Their people consider them to be civilized and superior and thus you see the constant war for democracy or what i call civilising missions across the globe being spawned by the west.

Until and unless Indians to start to think and behave in an imperial manner we will continue to be stuck in this loop of do nothing be nothing.

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Okay time to day dream or night dream hehe .
I wish a very powerful indian navy, the most powerful in indian ocean , capable of challenging even usa .
And we need to build that begini type ship for both each command , to serve as a ceremonial ship amd also go on goodwill visits across the world , imagine the face of Europeans when they will see this ship .
I saw the japnese navy buildup and strength , they are stronger than us .
For all intents i myself consider our navy still a green water navy or barely blue water navy .
We should atleast be stronger than japs and S Korea or samsung Korea.
Mast sapna hai bhai
I can atleast bet on my life that even your great grandchildren can only dream of it but can't see in reality
Sorry if I am being offensive

Heat

Country flag
Last 50 posts on this thread lamenting consistently on the fact that why a $3T economy is unable to compete with economies much larger than itself by launching a warship every weekend.

It is not like IN has stopped building ships, we will be inducting 14 frontline warships + few subs in next 4 years, but I guess that is not a lot for country with a $3-4 T economy according to some of the posters here.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Last 50 posts on this thread lamenting consistently on the fact that why a $3T economy is unable to compete with economies much larger than itself by launching a warship every weekend.

It is not like IN has stopped building ships, we will be inducting 14 frontline warships + few subs in next 4 years, but I guess that is not a lot for country with a $3-4 T economy according to some of the posters here.
Slight correction $3.5T economy

Blademaster

Yes because our enemy is basically launching a new warship every week or month and inducting 150-200 fighters a year, launches 50 space rockets a year and has built 2 carriers and is building another one.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles