Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

flanker99

Country flag
View attachment 148793
Right on the Karl Marx Sarani :)
That is the the survey ship grse launched last year not p17a...apart from the usual differences easiest to see is the length,bow shape and hanger
If ur on pc go back to march images the p17a was right there and it will be easier to see the the difference between both

Dharani

Country flag
That is the the survey ship grse launched last year not p17a...apart from the usual differences easiest to see is the length,bow shape and hanger
If ur on pc go back to march images the p17a was right there and it will be easier to see the the difference between both
My bad, I checked down the Hoogly, not there, however found this from GRSE's concall in Feb '22, that ship will be commissioned in 2024 so it's surely not out for trails :
"Right now we have a construction progress of around somewhere close to 38% or so. So, it being a very large ship the progress in each month is generally 1.5% to 1.7% per month because there is different method of counting used for the construction progress. So, from now till we get into the trial phase that would be happening somewhere around in the late next year or maybe beyond that. So, that is how the timeframe is."

Also, saw in Cochin Shipyard's investor presentation that INS Mormugao docked there for repairs, interesting.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Again i had this funny idea, can we use nasm Sr on offshore patrol vessels like sukanya class ?
They are almost as large as a frigate .
It will make them more deadly

Covfefe

Country flag
They can be armed but decision lies with navy.
A retired Vadm said this to in twtr when i asked
We'll need to revise the protocols, SOPs, review the chain of command everything. Having missiles and those radars onboard makes it a vessel capable of starting a war- it's handling can't be the same as a Coast Guard Ship which is a paramilitary force under Navy. In an aerial combat even the locking of an aircraft using radars is considered an engagement

flanker99

Country flag
We'll need to revise the protocols, SOPs, review the chain of command everything. Having missiles and those radars onboard makes it a vessel capable of starting a war- it's handling can't be the same as a Coast Guard Ship which is a paramilitary force under Navy. In an aerial combat even the locking of an aircraft using radars is considered an engagement
Sukanya is navy where is CG coming from?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles