Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaileshmd

Country flag
Stone pelting after Eid celebrations. Time for IA to send some pigs to Jannat on Eid.
Stone pelting management.
I had mentioned this before. The engineers can create a multi-barrel " tennis ball or hard rubber ball" launcher. Possibly a variation of the standard tennis ball machine. High speed balls rapid fired at the crowds from a reasonable distance can certainly cause them to pause, maybe retreat. The hard rubber balls are cheap to buy ( dime a dozen, as they say) from Pakistans all-weather friend China. The crowds will have a limited ability to fire these balls back at the police. It is not easy to throw a rubber ball at 100 MPH for a reasonable distance. The automated machines can be mounted on the sturdy vehicle rooftops. The electric motors can be wired through the generator in the storage area. The balls could be fed in the machine via a hopper, or a cassette.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Stone pelting management.
I had mentioned this before. The engineers can create a multi-barrel " tennis ball or hard rubber ball" launcher. Possibly a variation of the standard tennis ball machine. High speed balls rapid fired at the crowds from a reasonable distance can certainly cause them to pause, maybe retreat. The hard rubber balls are cheap to buy ( dime a dozen, as they say) from Pakistans all-weather friend China. The crowds will have a limited ability to fire these balls back at the police. It is not easy to throw a rubber ball at 100 MPH for a reasonable distance. The automated machines can be mounted on the sturdy vehicle rooftops. The electric motors can be wired through the generator in the storage area. The balls could be fed in the machine via a hopper, or a cassette.
or simply throw back the stones which pelters throw. this being done for many years.
you have to understand one thing, Home ministry tries to keep it's opex as minimum as possible. they will never buy any fancy stuff.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
View attachment 27505
Army & CRPF after today's grenade attack in Baramulla
*SARCASM MODE ON*
Doggo : Officer look Pakistani Terrorist with Gun , he is aiming at us. Remove the leash I will bite him.
Officer : No he is media personal and its camera..
Doggo : But I want to bite porkis...heard dogs are haram in their country. I will kill them.
Officer : Tum porki ko maroge to hum kya kare...bahut door se aya hun. Hame kuch toh karne do yaar. Tum Explosives sniff karo bus...Katne ka operation vakt ane par milega.

Prashant12

Country flag
2 intruders were caught near Line of Control in Lam sector today. One of the intruders was shot dead by Army when he challenged them. Body of the intruder will be handed over to Pakistan at Chakan Da Bagh crossing point after postmortem:SSP Rajouri,Yougal Manhas

abingdonboy

Country flag
The lack of uniformity in equipment and camo dress is utterly indefensible. Is this a professional army with a $20bn/year budget or an African militia?

No two soldiers are dressed the same, no two have the same equipment.

Some of these guys are running around in their PT tracksuits! What a joke. Where are the standards? I’m sorry but this shows a clear lack of discipline within the IA’s fighting arm. This is such a poor reflection on those that are meant to be the most disciplined and proffesional.

Craigs

Country flag
The lack of uniformity in equipment and camo dress is utterly indefensible. Is this a professional army with a $20bn/year budget or an African militia?

Some of these guys are running around in their PT tracksuits! What a joke. Where are the standards? I’m sorry but this shows a clear lack of discipline within the IA’s fighting arm. This is such a poor reflection on those that are meant to be the most disciplined and proffesional.
Are camo dresses required to be uniform - is nature uniform - should camo be uniform to blend in? It is one thing to always beat around this bush and another thing to note that this is not a parade event. If our troops appear in non-uniform uniform during formal parade turnouts then we should criticize them, otherwise when they are in camo in an operation setting I personally believe there is no need for uniformity. As long they have non-obvious markers (and it should not be obvious so as to deter snipers) to determine rank and unit then it is all good.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Relax buddy! You're way off the mark here. You see different rigs because they are from different organizations but taking part in the same operation - Army, AR, SOG, CRP, Garuds, SF, NSG, local police and so on. And thus you'll see troops dressed differently during CAS and other ops.

rkhanna

Country flag
@Craigs @Mikesingh

While i understand both your sentiments and while both of you are partly right allow me to disagree.

Both for me are lazy man's argument - it sweeps under the rug what is essentially pure procurement and logistic incompetence of the Indian Army on the large scale. The lack of standarization is SHOCKING and reflects the lackladal attitude towards the the comfort, well being and morale of the troop on the ground.

While you are right that a Combat ready unit never passed inspection and an inspection ready unit never passed combat this is a whole new range of randomness. Hell Russian Militia in the Ukraine have more standard kit.

The level of personal modification to kit goes beyond bizzare in some instances and are not defensible.

And yes while this picture does have personal from multiple units - reality is that there are enough pictures to show different uniforms/kit with same PLATOON. Let along battalion / regiment / Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles