Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Indian Army Counter Terrorism - Counterinsurgency Operations

The Indian Army has done yeoman's service to the nation by way of successful Counter Terrorist Operations and providing much needed assistance to the civil administration and the common people.

The Indian Army is committed to bringing down the levels of violence to "manageable levels" so as to restore the confidence of the people and create a secure environment to facilitate smooth governance and socio economic development.

DRIDTA
AUR VEERTA

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Some Pics From Indian Army`s CT Operations..

Sexy kalashnikovs..nice pics man.why IA is reluctant to induct AS Val or VSS Vintorez into RR,ghataks and SF? 9*39mm ammo will surely cause panic among the tangos and will make their deaths more painful.

sandeepdg

Kunalji, what are the guns they are holding ?
i could spot a TAVOR and another silenced gun, what are these ????

Can i know what vehicle is this which is being used? is it the rakshah ?

Where did you spot a Tavor in that pic ?? They are all carrying AKs.

This pic shows troopers carrying the Tavor and the silenced Uzi.

http://imageshack.us/f/2/1474armyops1.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/rr14n.jpg/sr=1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/28120991.jpg/sr=1

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Sexy kalashnikovs..nice pics man.why IA is reluctant to induct AS Val or VSS Vintorez into RR,ghataks and SF? 9*39mm ammo will surely cause panic among the tangos and will make their deaths more painful.
Coz of Imports, VAL use 9 x 39mm not produced in India have to imported, Its expensive to maintain too as its not produced in country, Also AK is easy to maintain and we use ammo from tangos too who use AK-47 cheap clones..

For Sharp shooting we use SVD and SF use Galil 7.62 nato..

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
It does look nice, but it is also sad that IA is being deployed against Indian people and not against our enemies. The CT ops whould be done by our paramilitary and police forces - not by IA. Shame on Indian political leadership.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Last edited:

jaadu

It does look nice, but it is also sad that IA is being deployed against Indian people and not against our enemies. The CT ops whould be done by our paramilitary and police forces - not by IA. Shame on Indian political leadership.
Generally I don't like to comment on this forum but your comments are just irritating me ...

Are all the terrorists in Kashmir Indian ? is it an indigenous movement ? do you think in easily 90's any paramilitary could have been able to suppress the Militancy in kashmir ? Do you have any F#@cking idea what you speak ?

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Dude - Do YOU have any f@*king idea what I meant??
Whether it was the militancy in Punjab or Assam or Kashmir (or Nagaland or nowadays against Naxalites), wherever IA is being deployed is a shame. The purpose of the Indian Army is to defend the country from external enemies "primarily", not exclusively. The massive paramilitary forces (close to a million strong) were created to keep the nation safe from internal enemies like terrorists, insurgents, criminals etc. THAT IS NOT THE JOB OF THE ARMY.
If the Army is doing it it's because our politicians and administrators have failed to keep them equipped and trained.

As for you, it's good for the forum that a birdbrain like you do not comment on this forum - so, please stay away.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Indian Army is used against internal and external anti-national elements which can effect national interest..
Kashmir is a place where this applies, Army Job is:

1. Gathering Intel
2. Safe guard of LOC
3. Hunting of Foreign and home grown terrorists in state..
4. Ensuring safety to Civilians..

BSF, CRPF and CISF and other also take Job of Internal security in mostly Urban and Border outposts..

Politicians want to cut IA numbers from Kashmir, BSF or any other are not qualified as IA in CT, Coz IA been handling such issue since independence on regular basis, Special Branch is based call RR to counter Terror threads..

Paramilitary and Army both are used to suppress this terrorism, And the results are good, But it doesn't meant Army should be removed or even cut..

I dare say, Srinagar is much safer than Mumbai..

Last edited:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Indian Army is used against internal and external anti-national elements which can effect national interest..
Kashmir is a place where this applies, Army Job is:

1. Gathering Intel
2. Safe guard of LOC
3. Hunting of Foreign and home grown terrorists in state..
4. Ensuring safety to Civilians..

BSF, CRPF and CISF and other also take Job of Internal security in mostly Urban and Border outposts..

Politicians want to cut IA numbers from Kashmir, BSF or any other are not qualified as IA in CT, Coz IA been handling such issue since independence on regular basis, Special Branch is based call RR to counter Terror threads..

Paramilitary and Army both are used to suppress this terrorism, And the results are good, But it doesn't meant Army should be removed or even cut..

I dare say, Srinagar is much safer than Mumbai..
I know Kunal that IA is best equipped to handle CT ops in difficult terrains. But again, my argument is, IA should not be used frivolously by the GoI - Army should ONLY be used in difficult terrains and hard to reach areas where paramilitary cannot operate. Srinagar and Kashmir valley in general should be protected by anti-terror specialized paramilitary divisions and the J&K police.

Out of our million strong paramilitary forces, most still lack advanced weapons, armored cars, electronic surveillance devices, mines and booby trap detection units, training for psychological warfare - and on and on. Hell, even the "elite" special forces lack advanced body armor and stun grenades.

Our so called "armed police" in the states/ cities lack semi-automatic pistols, modern rifles and carbines, while the criminals and terrorists are routinely armed with advanced weaponry. Which is why the paramilitary are called in to do the jobs of the "armed police" and the Army is called in to do the jobs of the paramilitary forces.

Time to wake up for India and develop advanced paramilitary and police forces with modern weapons and body armor.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I know Kunal that IA is best equipped to handle CT ops in difficult terrains. But again, my argument is, IA should not be used frivolously by the GoI - Army should ONLY be used in difficult terrains and hard to reach areas where paramilitary cannot operate. Srinagar and Kashmir valley in general should be protected by anti-terror specialized paramilitary divisions and the J&K police.
If you notice, In thread many pictures where J&K police were used, Even When Army Operate two or three J&K police SOG men are there for support and interaction with Civilians, though SOG reputation is not good compare to Army..

Out of our million strong paramilitary forces, most still lack advanced weapons, armored cars, electronic surveillance devices, mines and booby trap detection units, training for psychological warfare - and on and on. Hell, even the "elite" special forces lack advanced body armor and stun grenades.

Our so called "armed police" in the states/ cities lack semi-automatic pistols, modern rifles and carbines, while the criminals and terrorists are routinely armed with advanced weaponry. Which is why the paramilitary are called in to do the jobs of the "armed police" and the Army is called in to do the jobs of the paramilitary forces.

Time to wake up for India and develop advanced paramilitary and police forces with modern weapons and body armor.
AK proved to be the best in all senerio of CT ops, Paramilitary operate more MPVs than Army in CT ops, Search Cobra commandos of paramilitary forces, they are good, And paramilitary are too gud in psychological warfare actually do the reverse by using force with civilians though that is strictly OT in this thread..

In J&k Police Job is to block exits where Army moves for the Kill, Or Use SOG commandos but even they are not good as Army RR..

J&k is different from other cases, though I fully Agree with you regarding Upgrading Of BASIC objectives in Army as well as Paramilitary..

I think we have a thread on upgrading of Police and Paramilitary, Dont know where it is now, I have posted some info there..

jaadu

Dude - Do YOU have any f@*king idea what I meant??
Whether it was the militancy in Punjab or Assam or Kashmir (or Nagaland or nowadays against Naxalites), wherever IA is being deployed is a shame. The purpose of the Indian Army is to defend the country from external enemies "primarily", not exclusively. The massive paramilitary forces (close to a million strong) were created to keep the nation safe from internal enemies like terrorists, insurgents, criminals etc. THAT IS NOT THE JOB OF THE ARMY.
If the Army is doing it it's because our politicians and administrators have failed to keep them equipped and trained.

As for you, it's good for the forum that a birdbrain like you do not comment on this forum - so, please stay away.
I too don't support use of Army in internal affairs but think about the 90's my friend, the situation in Kashmir could not have been handled by any type of police force. The army by its position has special powers and can operate above some of the procedures which hamper the police in situations like that. .. the situation now is changing and thus you see more involvement of CRPF , Police and other paramilitary. Anyways no one can change your way of thinking but your consistent negative tone is what is irritating anyways I will just ignore you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles