Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Some Pics Of Border Security Forces Near Bangladesh Border..

kunal what is the device held to the barrell of SLR in the pic?
what type of BP jackets are worn by IA?does the regulars and RR use different ones as compared to the ones used by sf?are these jackets imported or desi?I wonders how the soldiers fell prey for bullets even after wearing the BP jackets coz these are said to resist M43 rounds and couldn't assume that all these slain soldiers are dead due to head shots or shot on throat by terrorists

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

kunal what is the device held to the barrell of SLR in the pic?

what type of BP jackets are worn by IA?does the regulars and RR use different ones as compared to the ones used by sf?

are these jackets imported or desi?I wonders how the soldiers fell prey for bullets even after wearing the BP jackets coz these are said to resist M43 rounds and couldn't assume that all these slain soldiers are dead due to head shots or shot on throat by terrorists

Grenade launcher..

BP plates matter not the jackets, SF use different and more expensive plates where regular in mass use less expensive plates, These plates can stop M43 at ranges of 50m to 10m but cannot protect men from close shots, SF plates are made of cremica and other material with trauma plates to absorb shock waves, Where as Regular Infantry dont have..

The Bold Part: Do you have to mention that way ?

SPIEZ

Country flag
Starting from left, you see 3 or 4 FN-FALs, then a bunch of INSAS and then again one FN-FAL at the extreme right.
Hard to differentiate! must be done by the plastic hand guard na ????
Besides I was also thinking that INSAS had an UBGL why would they go for rifle grenades, now that answered my questions

pmaitra

Hard to differentiate! must be done by the plastic hand guard na ????
Besides I was also thinking that INSAS had an UBGL why would they go for rifle grenades, now that answered my questions
Yes, the furniture in both the INSAS and Indian FN-FAL clones (RFI SLR 1A1) are orange, so it is confusing. The only exception being the one that is dark brown (left). Also, there are some similarities between INSAS and FN-FAL in design of stock, carrying handle etc.. Note that in INSAS, the gas tube on top of the barrel is partially exposed, like in the Kalashnikov family. In FN-FAL it is almost not visible and less exposed than INSAS.

INSAS has provision for UBGL (see below) but can also fire grenades from the barrel end.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
So does this have a stick at the base that goes into the barrel and the bullet pushes it out like in the picture below?

Here is a nice picture of a rifle grenade:

Must be..

Dont know much abt it, Army use UBGL ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
yed Moinullah Shah, a suspected Pakistani rebel allegedly belonging to Hezb-ul-Mujahedeen, the largest Kashmiri guerrilla group fighting against Indian rule, and Brigadier Gurmeet Singh, right, look on during a press conference organized by the Indian army, at an army base in Srinagar, India, Saturday, April 25, 2009. Indian army arrested Shah in Indian-controlled Kashmir and recovered arms and ammunition from him, a top army officer said on Saturday.

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
yed Moinullah Shah, a suspected Pakistani rebel allegedly belonging to Hezb-ul-Mujahedeen, the largest Kashmiri guerrilla group fighting against Indian rule, and Brigadier Gurmeet Singh, right, look on during a press conference organized by the Indian army, at an army base in Srinagar, India, Saturday, April 25, 2009. Indian army arrested Shah in Indian-controlled Kashmir and recovered arms and ammunition from him, a top army officer said on Saturday.

what happens to these confiscicated weapons?kalashnikovs are usually adopted by VDCs ,police and paramilitary.what is the fate of these RPGs and grenades and explosives?are they destroyed or stored in strong rooms?coz i never saw any army man with a rpg.Also some RR are seen with captured AK74Us how the issue of catridges for those weapons are solved ?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
an insight into CIJW

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
what happens to these confiscicated weapons?kalashnikovs are usually adopted by VDCs ,police and paramilitary.what is the fate of these RPGs and grenades and explosives?are they destroyed or stored in strong rooms?coz i never saw any army man with a rpg.Also some RR are seen with captured AK74Us how the issue of catridges for those weapons are solved ?
VDCs & J&K police SOG use captured weapons, Paramilitary use its own firearms i.e Bulgarian AK mostly, RPG, Rifle Grenade, Grenades are kept in stores or given to Other Paramilitary and Special Operation Forces, I dont know abt the fate of explosives..

Those are AK-47SU not 74, Same ammo as AKM..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

Graphic..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles