Indian Army wants futuristic vehicle for its Armoured corps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Then respond to RFI accordingly... why orchestrate a rudali choir.. Mar gay Mar gaya.. and all that..
How may global vendors have competed and gifted their IP rights to Russian Army, which led to the Armata in Russia?

The Leo is gearing up for modernization, why this rudali chor of RFI for medium weight FRCV is not heard in germany?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
no you are not an innocent child, (which would have learned a lot from simply googling the answers for the 12 questions!!)

You have a vested interest of spreading as much lies as possible, with out taking part in any meaningful debate!!!
Fool you are. You have vested interests.. not me .. I do not have to assure you that I am a DFI defence enthusiast .. nothing more .. not even a tank man .. unlike you. So keep that bullshit reserved for you.

Which fool told you wider tracks can not be carried on rail wagons and can not cross bridges?

All Indian railways needed to do was to put some logs under arjun tank so that its tracks dont scrape the platform!!!

is that a martian logistics solution for you? Are you afraid that there wont be enough logs in india to be put on railway wagons?
So Charlie it is ODC .. which can rub narrow under-bridges, passing trains and even platforms. It is dangerous consignment for Indian Railways.

ANd armata weighs 55 to 60 tons. SO DGMF wants russinas to upgrade the entire infra in south asia?

Weight difference between armata and Arjun is in single digit tons only.
Since you are an expert it does not matter ? That is of your expertise. Just lay off.

So the same set of 12 questions about which you have no clue whatsoever,
" 1.List the ground pressure sq inch of all IA tanks and say which tank will traverse marshlands river beds better?

2. Which type of ammo has better development prospect, one piece ammo or two piece,And what is its relationship with auto loader?

3.which type of gun has higher .firing range, rifled of smooth bore? Why?

4.Which tank in IA is fit to operate for prolonged periods in indian desert condition with out AC?

5.The T-90 armor and gun barrel(most crucial elements of any MBT) or manufactured from the technology developed for Arjun program by CVRDE-Right or wrong?

6. All the Invar missiles supplied by russians for T-90 were bound to be defective and sent back to russia-right or wrong?

7. During Operation parakram IA panicked and warned the NDA govt that the T-90s thermal vision and other electronics dont function in desert , and from that time on IA is begging at the same doorsteps of the same hated CVRDE to fix AC to make the T-90 work in desert -Right or wrong?

8. But Arjun does not need AC as it has enough pace and ventilation and heat hardened electronics and now ready for desert warfae any time-Right or wrong.

9. Any External Ac fitting to t-90 will hugely compromise its fighting capability , because it will be the first thing to get busted from stray sharpnells in any artillery barrage, right or wrong?

10. Also the crew in t-90 can not withstand stifling desert heat and a crew man fainted during the exercise due to heat right or wrong?

11.With such comedy of errors under their belt ,how do you expect DGMF to evaluate FRCV about which they dont even have the faintest idea left to themselves?

12. Tell me which tank developer worth his salt will develop the futuristic tank as mentioned by IA for contract labour and hand over the entire Intellectual property right to IA as mentioned in the RFI. Dont IA remember how Dassault simply refused to part with TOT to HAL and refused to abide by the initial offer price leading to the cancellation tender.

this comedy piece called RFI for FRCV expects even more from the vendors. The DGMF wants to be the sole rights holder of the tank!!!!

NON- SENSE .. YOU HAVE NO EXPERTISE ON ALL THESE.. YOU ARE PRIMITIVE..

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Then respond to RFI accordingly... why orchestrate a rudali choir.. Mar gay Mar gaya.. and all that..
Well, DM will know who is playing Rudali here. it is not for nothing that Manohar Parrikar publicly called DGMF bluff by openly stating that "specs for new weapon platforms , looks straight out of marvel comics" with former Army chief by his side in a public function!!!

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Fool you are. You have vested interests.. not me .. I do not have to assure you that I am a DFI defence enthusiast .. nothing more .. not even a tank man .. unlike you. So keep that bullshit reserved for you.

So Charlie it is ODC .. which can rub narrow under-bridges, passing trains and even platforms. It is dangerous consignment for Indian Railways.

Since you are an expert it does not matter ? That is of your expertise. Just lay off.

NON- SENSE .. YOU HAVE NO EXPERTISE ON ALL THESE.. YOU ARE PRIMITIVE..

http://www.defproac.com/?p=982

". However, the weight factor has not hampered the movement of various prototypes of Arjun during last 20 years, for trials/ training to various sectors, by both, rail and road, by existing means of transportation and no problems have been faced so far. The feasibility report by the railways has also confirmed, the movement of Arjun loaded wagon as class ‘C’ ODC and the empty wagon as non-ODC. We need to look at the Arjun weight issue in a broader perspective as it is not a reflection of its agility and gradability. Being powered with a 1400 HP engine, its power /weight ratio is 21.0, and the Nominal Ground Pressure (NGP) of 0.95 kg/cm2 compares well with other MBTs of the world and the combination of low NGP and high power / weight ratio, its going ability is commendable. The comparative table highlights these aspects."

Arjun is just a few inches taller than T-90. Possibly armata may be taller than Arjun itself.

So another one of your lies busted now, Now time to answer,

" 1.List the ground pressure sq inch of all IA tanks and say which tank will traverse marshlands river beds better?

2. Which type of ammo has better development prospect, one piece ammo or two piece,And what is its relationship with auto loader?

3.which type of gun has higher .firing range, rifled of smooth bore? Why?

4.Which tank in IA is fit to operate for prolonged periods in indian desert condition with out AC?

5.The T-90 armor and gun barrel(most crucial elements of any MBT) or manufactured from the technology developed for Arjun program by CVRDE-Right or wrong?

6. All the Invar missiles supplied by russians for T-90 were bound to be defective and sent back to russia-right or wrong?

7. During Operation parakram IA panicked and warned the NDA govt that the T-90s thermal vision and other electronics dont function in desert , and from that time on IA is begging at the same doorsteps of the same hated CVRDE to fix AC to make the T-90 work in desert -Right or wrong?

8. But Arjun does not need AC as it has enough pace and ventilation and heat hardened electronics and now ready for desert warfae any time-Right or wrong.

9. Any External Ac fitting to t-90 will hugely compromise its fighting capability , because it will be the first thing to get busted from stray sharpnells in any artillery barrage, right or wrong?

10. Also the crew in t-90 can not withstand stifling desert heat and a crew man fainted during the exercise due to heat right or wrong?

11.With such comedy of errors under their belt ,how do you expect DGMF to evaluate FRCV about which they dont even have the faintest idea left to themselves?

12. Tell me which tank developer worth his salt will develop the futuristic tank as mentioned by IA for contract labour and hand over the entire Intellectual property right to IA as mentioned in the RFI. Dont IA remember how Dassault simply refused to part with TOT to HAL and refused to abide by the initial offer price leading to the cancellation tender.

this comedy piece called RFI for FRCV expects even more from the vendors. The DGMF wants to be the sole rights holder of the tank!!!!

if you cant answer factual questions, It is time to stop fooling people with endless bundle of lies!!!!

So it is your turn to either truthfully answer the question or to be shown up as a vested interest.

I wont let your lies go unanswered.

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
You are right but middle men exist for the stuff DRDO buys and paints as indigenous too. Even the tejas is not indigenous when we have ! So its a moot point to bring it up as an excuse against army since both army and DRDO engage with them and engage in corruption.
In the same regard even f22 is not indigenous to USA as a good amount of elctronics and other instrument and paets are sourced from europe and even china. But the concept and design belongs to USA and hence ut is indegenous. Now, obviously, given the smaller size of Induan industrial base, quite a few parts of LCA is imported. However, so is the parts for su30mki which has its total russian electronic suites replaced with israeli and french. Then why do you call the mki russian bird?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
SO if sending poorly armored tanks with lightning logistics as a death trap to its own crew men is your idea of war, I dont know what to say at all!!!

It is the years long metal torture of following P2P as guru that is making you post such useless stuff!!!

Arjun can be transported by rail, with no modification to carriage.

And Army is already standardizing on 70 tank bridge laying equipment for its all future tanks.

Arjun can cross marshy terrain much better than T-90 because it has lower ground pressure per square inch.

So you dont have to worry about "transporting Arjuns" anywhere. The logistics are there in plenty. All NATO countries transport their 60 ton tanks in all third world county infra during each war for the past 60 years.

ANd for your kind information the weight difference between armata and arjun is in single digit tons , even though Arjun has a four men crew and armata three men crew,

if IA says that they want three men crew clearly then new arjun mk3 with all asked by IA also will have the same weight as armata!!!

No one in Army has said they are going to procure Armada. So Your justification that since Army wants armada , they must have logistics for Arjun is as silly as it can get. And army asking for medium tank now also confirms the same thing- logistics for a heavy tank as of now in IA is limited

BTW, Ray sir said the same thing about Arjun regarding logistics not just p2p.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
In the same regard even f22 is not indigenous to USA as a good amount of elctronics and other instrument and paets are sourced from europe and even china. But the concept and design belongs to USA and hence ut is indegenous. Now, obviously, given the smaller size of Induan industrial base, quite a few parts of LCA is imported. However, so is the parts for su30mki which has its total russian electronic suites replaced with israeli and french. Then why do you call the mki russian bird?
Which again says the same thing I was saying already - its a moot point to bring out the Army imports when DRDO does the same when it is incompetent to produce the systems in home. All the more reason to call out DRDO incompetance

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Which again says the same thing I was saying already - its a moot point to bring out the Army imports when DRDO does the same when it is incompetent to produce the systems in home. All the more reason to call out DRDO incompetance
No. It is not moot point. As being owner of the design one can make changes necessary to the design as and when required, determine the no. of units to be procured and at which pace to procure, to change instruments or sub-systems at will and many more stuff. Most imporatantly with a domestic design and manufacturing plant, during emergency one doesn't have to depend on diplomacy to get more on urgemt basis. Please recall back what kind of hell russians gave when not only they refused to modify the t90, they refused permission for DRDO to work on that too.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No. It is not moot point. As being owner of the design one can make changes necessary to the design as and when required, determine the no. of units to be procured and at which pace to procure, to change instruments or sub-systems at will and many more stuff. Most imporatantly with a domestic design and manufacturing plant, during emergency one doesn't have to depend on diplomacy to get more on urgemt basis. Please recall back what kind of hell russians gave when not only they refused to modify the t90, they refused permission for DRDO to work on that too.

I have never heard of that. Link?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Lmao, you're such a noob. They didnt give barrel or armor tech for the tank, even with it's, "ToT". Hell, they even stopped India from modifying the T90 to put an AC in it. Which would've been pretty damn useful in Thar.
If that is the case, then I agree it is pretty stupid that IA bought the T-90. But really, what choice did it have when Arjun was not available when T90 was inducted?

And dude, Indian army did eventually reconfigured T90s with ACs. This again was already addressed by P2Prada when he was here- how most of the T90 flaws were correctable with minor fixes while most of the problems with Arjun like its heavy weight required massive overhaul of its logistics network. This point has so far never been countered by the Arjun fanboys. Lets see if you do

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Lmao, you're such a noob. They didnt give barrel or armor tech for the tank, even with it's, "ToT". Hell, they even stopped India from modifying the T90 to put an AC in it. Which would've been pretty damn useful in Thar.
Useless question. The guy in your avatar is the one who slapped Sharad Pawar?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
If that is the case, then I agree it is pretty stupid that IA bought the T-90. But really, what choice did it have when Arjun was not available when T90 was inducted?

And dude, Indian army did eventually reconfigured T90s with ACs. This again was already addressed by P2Prada when he was here- how most of the T90 flaws were correctable with minor fixes while most of the problems with Arjun like its heavy weight required massive overhaul of its logistics network. This point has so far never been countered by the Arjun fanboys. Lets see if you do

Im not some type of Arjun fanboy, but depending on other peoples designs, building other people's defence industries isnt a way forward.

Fact of the matter is, there is a lighter, "medium" weight FMBT conceptualizing in VRDE-DRDO. Why cant they support this project? The navy is supports several DRDO subsystems into it's naval designs.

wheeled

Tracked

And this RFI might even dig into the FICV program as well. Which TATA has done some work of it's own on, is partnering with DRDO on the Kestral version.

Have DRDO-Private sector work together to produce this tank. It's a joke really, if India can produce all this -

They can produce armor.

TATAs for example want to produce armor, DRDO FMBT concept would be perfect.

I just find this RFI hilarious considering the release of the Armata tank.

Useless question. The guy in your avatar is the one who slapped Sharad Pawar?

That man is Jesus.

pmaitra

Both sides of the western border are full with this type of wide water-works and canals ... Arjun here ?
You are talking about Arjun and posting a picture of a BMP? Hmmmm. Why not post a picture of T-90 doing this?

pmaitra

But there was enough arguments against Arjun which no one countered. Logistic chain is the biggest of them. Even t 90 supporters accepted that Arjun 1v1 will have few advantage over t90 in some areas which should be fixed in t90 to make it as good as arjun . but the flaws of arjun- the heavy weight and the associated a logistic chains is something which can't be corrected and hence army sticks with t 90.

Has anyone here enough knowledge to prove that Arjun logistic chain is as good as it is for t90s ? I doubt they can as it is something only army can talk about and they are forbidden from doing so in the public. Basically you guys are fighting a guys whose arms are tied. Not fair or correct.
All arguments against Arjun have been countered, including lies like "30 years" that was peddled even in this thread.

The logistics for T-72 and T-90 are based on a foreign hardware. We need to change that, and put in a chain of logistics for domestic hardware. Period.

Now you are giving tactical advice to armed forces.
He is being mild. If it were up to me, I'd say, summarily fire these people who would fail a class 12 physics exam. I wonder why these people are occupying such high posts when they should be selling tea at a village train station. We have too many such undeserving people hiding behind the uniform. The Indian Army needs to be cleansed of such people. Feel free to interpret this as an accusation against every soldier of the Indian Army, as you are the master of strawman argument in DFI.

Well, I din't realize that I was speaking to a full backed retard!!!
No need to abuse him.

@Mad Indian has a reputation of being a potty mouth. He was banned and was brought back, and he has failed to desist from being a perpetual potty mouth since. Anyone who disagrees with him, is either a retard, or a moron, or an idiot, or a dingbat (his latest favourite word). You are better than that. You don't need to abuse him back. His reputation precedes him.

I thought that is what DRDO is not ! It is supposed to be leading "scientific", a visionary organisation which has certain labs with them for experiments and development. The role and mission of DRDO needs to be read and reread by you again and again.

In terms of functional ethos, culture and bending all rules , DRDO is worst of them all.
I once had an argument with a US army guy who was bragging about his "experience" with the Stinger missile. I asked him to name some algorithms that are used to track a target, such as, in a heat seeking missile. He got very angry because he had no clue what the answer would be.

P.S.: I personally spoke with one professor from Essex University whose team worked on part of the logic that goes into a Scalp-EG.

Arjun has the lowest ground pressure per sq inch thanks to its wide tracks which enables it to cross ravi at lassian, which was marked non tankable in IA's map till arjun entered IA.
Pressure is force per unit area. This is taught at secondary level physics class. People participating in this thread are expected to know that.

What middlemen, the DGMF himself is subject of doubt. Why else would he give such a Paki styled RFI.

All he wants is to be able to say - nahi abhi aur delay and just to save my own ass he will call it 'improvements'.

DGMF just wants to avoid all responsibility.

But whatever the attitude of the DGMF and cohorts can a nationalist afford more Khetarpals? If not then why are these inadequate tanks being imported. Why is an inordinate amount spent on Capital acquisitions when they don't have enough money for buying ammo.

Because................they already know that they will easily get more Khetarpals even as they themselves angle for positions and pelf using their old-boys-network.
Now we have a name of the DGMF. I give you credit for that. What is the educational qualification of this guy called Bhardwaj? I would welcome a Jitender Singh Tomar style investigations on this guy as well.

Dude , this is the problem with people like you. All the points you have raised has already been addressed by people like p2prada 1 year back. And yet you refuse to accept it due to your bias. Nothing can be done about that.

IA has logistical problems with Arjun since entire logistic chain of IA is for T90s and 72s, yes or no? How do you fight war without logistic support. Even in t90 vs Arjun thread this was brought up but none of you fanboys answered it and instead shouted only weight per square inch and what not.
P2P said a lot of things that are correct. However, the day he tried to show off his "expertise" by talking about IEEE in a discussion about mechanical engineering, I lost all respect for him. He is a troll, albeit glorified by some. We all make mistakes, but being deliberately dishonest is something that really ticks me off.

Moreover, in your response to @ersakthivel's post that talks about ground pressure (among other things), let me tell you, I remember very well that P2P had no answer to the issue of ground pressure other than personal attacks. It is no surprise he is so dear to you.

No one in Army has said they are going to procure Armada. So Your justification that since Army wants armada , they must have logistics for Arjun is as silly as it can get. And army asking for medium tank now also confirms the same thing- logistics for a heavy tank as of now in IA is limited

No one disagrees that logistics are suitable for T-72 and T-90, but we need to set up logistics for domestically made hardware. If it does not exist for Arjun, then create one. We need to stop using this as an excuse.

You are right but middle men exist for the stuff DRDO buys and paints as indigenous too. Even the tejas is not indigenous when we have ! So its a moot point to bring it up as an excuse against army since both army and DRDO engage with them and engage in corruption.
Hardware that is 99% imported is better than hardware that is 100% imported.

Yes, that is the case. This has been mentioned way too many times, but you are realizing this now. I am glad you are realizing. Better late than never. This proves you don't read what other people write. You just keep building strawmen and continue to argue against them.

What a load of rubbish! This will scrape the platform? This can rub under the bridges? This can rub passing trains? Where do you get these fairy tales from?

You are embarrassing yourself by making such unfounded comments. No wagon is allowed on Indian Railway tracks without the approval of RDSO, and I bet you don't know what that is while you are reading this post. Google it, and also learn about the loading gauge for Broad Gauge tracks of Indian Railways.

Happy to be corrected with legitimate references.

More technical details about BFAT wagons to put an end to this repeated peddling of myths in DFI:

It shows the 1971 standards for maximum and minimum dimensions of rolling stock. [Source: IRFCA]

stock-dimensions001.jpg

BFAT wagons: BOGIE FLAT ARJUN TANK WAGON [Source: IRFCA]

DSC00617.JPG

Here is a PDF that gives the technical details about the BFAT Wagon.

Let us compare:

Height
BFAT Wagon floor height from rail level: 1306 mm
Arjun Tank's height: 2320 mm.
Total height or BFAT loaded with Arjun tank: 1306 mm + 2320 mm = 2456 mm from rail level.
Total allowed height of Indian Railway rolling stock: 4875 mm.​
There is no question of scraping under the bridges.

Width
BFAT Wagon width over body: 3550 mm.
Arjun Tank's width: 3864 mm at a height > 1306 mm from rail level.
Allowed width over 1306 mm from rail level: 2135 mm x 2 = 4270 mm.​
This is above platform level (840 mm from rail level; see 1971 standard, BFAT specifications, and BFAT picture), and hence, there is no question of scraping the platform, as is claimed.

BFAT Wagons are made by:
Texmaco, Calcutta, WB
BEML, Nundydroog, Karnataka

Last edited:

Khagesh

Great post @pmaitra, well researched and to the point unlike the lazy ass RFI. But I wish you had waited a little longer before putting in such a damaging post. It usually helps to have the opponent well invested in a stupid argument before taking him down.

Here is another eye opener for doubting thomases. An 80 ton to 90 ton Railway engine on another of the flat bed wagons

Indian Railways operates some 220 kinds of wagons. It is really lazy to argue logistics against Arjun
http://www.irfca.org/gallery/Wagons/?g2_page=5

And here is another collectors item that is not traceable on the net caches but was a very important article that shows how the DGMF office has lied time and again for its masters:

http://frontierindia.net/arjun-mbt-weight-implications/ - this is the old link for credits
For Railways:
The existing BWTA wagons have pay load capacity of 60+ tons ; the Arjun weighs 58.5 tons. The only issue is that the width of the tank is more than that of the flat and so, the tracks protrude on both sides. A six inch wooden sleepers when placed on the floor of the wagons before loading the Arjun MBT ensures that the tank tracks move over adjacent platforms without fouling with them. With this arrangement Arjun MBT’s were moved as class ‘A’ ODC on Chennai-Delhi, Delhi-Suratgarh, Delhi-Jaiselmer, Chennai-Balasore and Balasore-Delhi lines, on several occasions.
For Roadways:
On a number of occasions, the Arjuns has been ferried over long distances, on BEML P-80 trailers towed by Tatra Tractors. Of course, in this case also, the tracks of the tank protrude on either side of the P-80 mount, but that is so with even other tanks like T-90S and T-72’s in Indian Army fleet.

:pound::pound:

I don't know who the successive heads of DGMF live for.

Logistics is such a big lie to keep Arjun out that Krishna himself will one day instigate Arjun to wipe out the Kauravs again.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Im not some type of Arjun fanboy, but depending on other peoples designs, building other people's defence industries isnt a way forward.
This point is true, if there was an alternate available. There is no LCA even now, so shall we put all our acquisitions on hold till LCA arrives as late as it may be?

Fact of the matter is, there is a lighter, "medium" weight FMBT conceptualizing in VRDE-DRDO. Why cant they support this project? The navy is supports several DRDO subsystems into it's naval designs.
Because this is supposed to be a seperate project than FMBT?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Great post @pmaitra, well researched and to the point unlike the lazy ass RFI. But I wish you had waited a little longer before putting in such a damaging post. It usually helps to have the opponent well invested in a stupid argument before taking him down.

Here is another eye opener for doubting thomases. An 80 ton to 90 ton Railway engine on another of the flat bed wagons

Indian Railways operates some 220 kinds of wagons. It is really lazy to argue logistics against Arjun
http://www.irfca.org/gallery/Wagons/?g2_page=5

And here is another collectors item that is not traceable on the net caches but was a very important article that shows how the DGMF office has lied time and again for its masters:

http://frontierindia.net/arjun-mbt-weight-implications/ - this is the old link for credits
For Railways:

For Roadways:

:pound::pound:

I don't know who the successive heads of DGMF live for.

Logistics is such a big lie to keep Arjun out that Krishna himself will one day instigate Arjun to wipe out the Kauravs again.

@Bhadra @karn , unless you have counters to the arguments here, I would just take it that these guys are right about Arjun

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
This point is true, if there was an alternate available. There is no LCA even now, so shall we put all our acquisitions on hold till LCA arrives as late as it may be?
There are several alternatives to naval sub systems and platforms, they are still supporting DRDO made equipment and are hands on with their work for the navy.

Because this is supposed to be a seperate project than FMBT?

The army specs are beyond simple and this FMBT concept can easily fit in it.

Btw, not giving armor and barrel tech for the T90 aren't simple fixes. The armor the T90 uses now is DRDO's Kanchan armor developed for Arjun and an inferior reworked T72 barrel from OFB. They still refused to give that to India.

Canistered Agni 5 or K4 SLBM from DRDO wasnt built in a day, it came from years of toiling with Prithvi series and early Agnis, which saw several failures.

Fact is VRDE-DRDO have come a long way. Partner them with a private firm like TATA, with active army participation, this armor can be produce in a reasonable time.

TATA Kestral was built and prototyped in record time, and ahead of schedule for example. They also have ambitions to produce MBTs. India will kill it's armored industry if it doesn't act now, it'll be another Marut scenario.

This isnt the 80s, there is an ecosystem to develop sophisticated armor within India, right now.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Not just armata . if the army wants any useful tank with armor worth the name to meet future exigencies, they must be looking at 55-60 tons, not very different from Arjun and a far cry from the weights of T-90 and T-72.

remember we have china as our neighbour who built a railway line to Tibet over thermofrost!!! First things supposed to have been said about Tibet by Englishmen centuries before ," there is no possibility of any railway line here ". But chinese have built it.

When faced with such a mighty enemy, we can not make excuses forever that we dont have infra to transport 60 ton FMBT. It is a treason of the first count. In about a decade chinese develop a 60 ton MBT with 150 mm dia gun and 2000 mts per second muxzzle velocity and gift them to PAK at friendship prices, how will the FMBT that is being requested through this new RFI will fare against it?

Whose job is it to think about such an eventuality? DGMF's or DRDO's?

Remember the karakorum highway, any day in future chinese heavy armor can roll into support PAK in any future war. if such an exigency arises we need heavy tanks that guarantee protection , and that are able to fight back after taking a few hits.

i dont know who is going to make a 50 ton medium FMBT that can do all these for IA.

Please give me a link to back your claim that T-90s AC problems are fixed.If it is I will be the first person to be happy about that, because they too are IA tanks too.AFAIK it is not fixed .P2P posts tons of lies like the problem of T-90 AC being already fixed , without ever bothering to chck the fact.

Also if someone counters him with links and asks him to give a link for his claim , he will either go silent or start abusive posts.

You can google yourself and find out whether this T-90 AC issue is resolved or not. It has not been resolved till date because the tank has little room to add anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles