Indian Army: News and Discussion

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
once ive talking to a vet and he said to me that except close quarter combat and some exceptional situations if you have to get into a fistfight with the enemy while you are carrying a gun you have failed your training
Yes u r right when u are armed and if u get into HTH combat then u have been poorly trained
Even in CQB

RDXChauhan

Country flag
Screenshot_20240525-091643_Google News.jpg

One of the proposals being worked out, as per the sources, included raising the percentage of Agniveers getting permanently absorbed to 50% . Another issue that is being looked into is in inducting eligible candidates for technical streams such as aviation, engineering, electronics and similar trades.

“The cap in the maximum recruitment age to 21 years is leaving a smaller pool of eligible candidates. Thus, the proposal is to raise this to 23 years so that we can get the youth passing out of polytechnic institutions,” said a source.

Quoted from the article

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Na trust me bro this gear only for training agneevers you guys criticize everything
A genuine question-how will they teach the new soldiers to fire and control new ak 203 and sig 716i if they are training them with INSAS also how will the troops be comfortable with the good helmets and PCs if they are training like a 1999 Kargil war soldier?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
A genuine question-how will they teach the new soldiers to fire and control new ak 203 and sig 716i if they are training them with INSAS also how will the troops be comfortable with the good helmets and PCs if they are training like a 1999 Kargil war soldier?
Answer is they won't and then you will see what you see in Excercise Shakti getting outperformed by every other military we do excercises with

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Answer is they won't and then you will see what you see in Excercise Shakti getting outperformed by every other military we do excercises with
Then what is infantry schools for?I swear I heard a general in press conference saying we have infantry school to adapt modern tactics in army.iam pretty sure if we keep doing this we will face another 27-28th feb but on a bigger and more embarrassing scale

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
https://www.youtube.com/live/6U0RLqEM8E4?si=AHqPvHfYQwidUVGG @NoobWannaLearn
4:51-5:17 you can watch the entire 5 mins aswell he talks about what we are discussing rn it was a short presser
Then what is infantry schools for?I swear I heard a general in press conference saying we have infantry school to adapt modern tactics in army.iam pretty sure if we keep doing this we will face another 27-28th feb but on a bigger and more embarrassing scale
Konsa mordern technique sirji soldier's had nothing before sig in AR platform and didn't knew shit about AR platform before Sigs and are still having a hard time figuring it out, having a hard time moving away from sovieth doctrains and mag grips shooting sigs with mag grips and in CQB scenarios our tactics aren't that good as claimed yes their are some things we Excel at and are doing great in terms of mordernasation of small drones we have started having dedicated cources for fpv and and quad copters drones who drop nades and have a decent swarm drone capabilities but our weapon Handelling is one of the worst and our weapon maintanice is even worse and AR platform does need a good maintanice

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Konsa mordern technique sirji soldier's had nothing before sig in AR platform and didn't knew shit about AR platform before Sigs and are still having a hard time figuring it out, having a hard time moving away from sovieth doctrains and mag grips shooting sigs with mag grips and in CQB scenarios our tactics aren't that good as claimed yes their are some things we Excel at and are doing great in terms of mordernasation of small drones we have started having dedicated cources for fpv and and quad copters drones who drop nades and have a decent swarm drone capabilities but our weapon Handelling is one of the worst and our weapon maintanice is even worse and AR platform does need a good maintanice
Someone needs to ask genuine questions from these generals and defence ministry chaps like they do in US

Blademaster

Not a good thing to do but can it be because of elections and they didn’t want a new guy until a new defence minister is appointed?
I think because of the election rules where the caretaker PM cannot take any decisions that would materially affect the nation and the selection of the next IA chief would qualify under these rules.

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think because of the election rules where the caretaker PM cannot take any decisions that would materially affect the nation and the selection of the next IA chief would qualify under these rules.
Nah Defence is kept as an exception under MCC also IA chief is not selected (atleast not on paper)they get promotion like technically VCOAS should become the next chief but if the political leadership is not happy with his work (iam not too) they can select someone else.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
They're not going to consider seniority like they did for Bipin Rawat ji this time is what I guess and will announce somebody else

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They're not going to consider seniority like they did for Bipin Rawat ji this time is what I guess and will announce somebody else
Yea that’s what iam guessing now they don’t want gen.diwedi as COAS because of his poor performance in northern sector remember one side ambushes back to back in the same way around the same area and an entire team of 9 PARA SF gets wiped is not a small thing

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Political leadership currently isn't happening with vcoas diwedi ji
Even I personally don't understand how he got the position of vcoas despite multiple ambush

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yea that’s what iam guessing now they don’t want gen.diwedi as COAS because of his poor performance in northern sector remember one side ambushes back to back in the same way around the same area and an entire team of 9 PARA SF gets wiped is not a small thing
Despite it no retaliation no retrospection no improvement
I don't know how that guy after multiple ambushes got vcoas position

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles