Indian Army: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Anti-Terror Ops: Seek & Destroy The Tactic Now, Says Northern Army Commander Lt. Gen Upendra Dwivedi

Azaad

Country flag

The cons & more cons of Agniveer with no pros according to Col Y Singh which the blurb on Vaad describes as a military historian apart from other achievements.

He does have a strong case though & articulates his points well for eg - the wages & pension component of the defence budget also includes that of civilians in the defence set up who account for close to 25% of the total personnel.

Besides he quotes a defence accounts personnel ( doesn't name the source ) who writes that the total saving through the Agniveer program would average out to INR 11,000 cr p.a. over a period of 20 yrs upto 2044.

You might be interested in terms of the broader discussion we're having w.r.t our preparations against China. @ezsasa

Coalmine

Country flag
Ab
Absorb them in CRPF, CISF or state police that should be a good start. Give them some vocational training for those who want to start a business or work for themselves. Especially jawans can do some blue collar jobs.
Its the IPS lobby that controls these CAPFs are rejecting this proposal saying we dont want Army rejects.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

I mean No disrespect to our legends and general's they have achieved so much that I could never even think about in my life and I have nothing but utmost respect for these legends but please, they need to come out of their 1990s mindset man this isn't a lifetime job opportunity so people can keep paying taxes and these guys can keep getting pensions throughout their lives the world has moved on and it has helped their military now please let us move on too.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag

I mean No disrespect to our legends and general's they have achieved so much that I could never even think about in my life and I have nothing but utmost respect for these legends but please, they need to come out of their 1990s mindset man this isn't a lifetime job opportunity so people can keep paying taxes and these guys can keep getting pensions throughout their lives the world has moved on and it has helped their military now please let us move on too.
I think an increased salary without pension is more preferable too (purely my opinion) and we need manpower too thats also very important

JBH22

GD Bakshi is very much right here, we have monies to dole out freebies to those who are breeding like pigs. But for security we want to do cost savings. It is a cost that this nation has to bear notwithstanding our history but also present scenarios. Islamist surrounding us and inside this country coupled with China, US playing their games.

fooLIam

GD Bakshi is very much right here, we have monies to dole out freebies to those who are breeding like pigs. But for security we want to do cost savings. It is a cost that this nation has to bear notwithstanding our history but also present scenarios. Islamist surrounding us and inside this country coupled with China, US playing their games.
Enough with problem statement,what’s the solution as far as free dole goes that’s how you come to power in dumbocracy and it’s not like all parties priorities are same we literally have Muslims parties who are Secualr in name only.

vishnugupt

Country flag
How Indian Army's Combat helmet are refurbished..

Rubbish.
We don't refurbish helmets. We are rich Generals. We use following step ladders to buy combat helmets.

Driving helmet.
Helmet stand of Danda assault
Helmet stand for stones
Helmet stand for wooden bullet
Helmet stand for plastic bullets
helmet stand for rubber bullets
Helmet stand for Short gun bullets
Helmet stand for sports riffle
Helmet stand for combat riffle
Helmet stand for 5.56 mm bullets
Helmet stand for 7.62 mm bullets
Helmet stand for lead tipped
Helmet stand for iron coated bullets
Helmet stand for steel core bullets

So we buy 14 types of helmet for a soldier Instead of buying 14th one.

Even after buying all 14 types helmets, soldiers prefer to bear world war 1 era "Patka helmet". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Rubbish.
We don't refurbish helmets. We are rich Generals. We use following step ladders to buy combat helmets.

Driving helmet.
Helmet stand of Danda assault
Helmet stand for stones
Helmet stand for wooden bullet
Helmet stand for plastic bullets
helmet stand for rubber bullets
Helmet stand for Short gun bullets
Helmet stand for sports riffle
Helmet stand for combat riffle
Helmet stand for 5.56 mm bullets
Helmet stand for 7.62 mm bullets
Helmet stand for lead tipped
Helmet stand for iron coated bullets
Helmet stand for steel core bullets

So we buy 14 types of helmet for a soldier Instead of buying 14th one.

Even after buying all 14 types helmets, soldiers prefer to bear world war 1 era "Patka helmet". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Truth is mku doesnt give a flying fu(k they get enough orders to sustain their profits either ways
while our genrols can keep buying patka and give them to soldiers im just listing how much equipment we would be lacking if a war starts now and its gonna be a long ass list for sure 😂

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles