Indian Army: News and Discussion

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Unpopular opinion maybe but ROK takes defense pretty seriously due to DPRK being particularly existential crisis for it even in current time if support from US is excluded. On the other hand, paki has been like a nuisance but nothing threatening and is continuing to decline for a long time, it's like we have relaxed and hence all of our defense ecosystem and armed forces modernisation has suffered. Hard to say how china will be considered in future, depending on perceptions we may see something perhaps good coming out of this. Regarding china we need to get out of this strictly defensive mindset, unless your enemy believes that you can do the same to him as he did to you, he will always be of mindset that he can punch and the other side will always block. Then only we can prepare for future.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars if the Defence budget is not increased to the 80 billion dollars then I will apologize on the budget day. @ezsasa nibba mark this posts. I never get back on my promises.

Last edited:

The Shrike

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars if the Defence budget is not increased to the 80 billion dollars then I will apologize on the budget day. @ezsasa nibba mark this posts. I never get back on my promises.
Ain't happening, for 2021 it was at $63 billion (budget estimate, real spending might be higher at the end of the year). I would be impressed with even a $5 billion increase.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ain't happening, for 2021 it was at $63 billion (budget estimate, real spending might be higher at the end of the year). I would be impressed with even a $5 billion increase.
Ya'll Nibbiars thats for 2022.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I today's world supplies and resources management cost a major chunk of expenditures what if else are able to streaming this more efficiently and effectively may be we would be able to utilize more than currents.

BlackViking

Country flag
very interesting data

HIMACHAL - 402 damn
UK - 271
JK - 185 o_O
AP - 127
NAGALAND - 53

:hmm: Kerala giving more num than UP,MP,MH,GUJARAT wasnt expecting that.

Mere state ka alag hi chal raha he BC. One of the greatest empires of Bharat only providing 14 officers per 10 lakhs of population is heart-breaking.😭😭

BlackViking

Country flag
Bengal and Orissa have become jokes... this coming from a Bengali btw...
My father and his elder brother served the army and airforce respectively. Other than these 2 not a single person in my family is close to being a soldier, not even in police. My elder cousin brother tried joining NDA but wasn't allowed to even attend SSB after his 12th. Its only me and my younger brother who are aiming to join the forces, but even my chances are slim being medically unfit.

BlackViking

Country flag
What I have observed being Odia is that most of them have single child and non army background which statistically be wrong I don't know but what I have observed
So these might be the reason, same with me also
The main reasons are
1. lack of awareness
2. lots of tribal population who don't want to move out of their shells
3. unemployment rates are lower
4. access to cheap food (welfare scheme)
5. education quality
6. lower physical standards due to poverty (employment=/= better life or resources)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If they don't increase the capital budget allocation, I am going to write a very insulting letter to Rajnath Singh's office and tag all his secys (their email IDs are public).

Haldilal

Country flag
If they don't increase the capital budget allocation, I am going to write a very insulting letter to Rajnath Singh's office and tag all his secys (their email IDs are public).
Ya'll Nibbiars Black Volga.

SGOperative

Country flag
Unpopular opinion maybe but ROK takes defense pretty seriously due to DPRK being particularly existential crisis for it even in current time if support from US is excluded. On the other hand, paki has been like a nuisance but nothing threatening and is continuing to decline for a long time, it's like we have relaxed and hence all of our defense ecosystem and armed forces modernisation has suffered. Hard to say how china will be considered in future, depending on perceptions we may see something perhaps good coming out of this. Regarding china we need to get out of this strictly defensive mindset, unless your enemy believes that you can do the same to him as he did to you, he will always be of mindset that he can punch and the other side will always block. Then only we can prepare for future.
I think we are modernizing more since china is threat and Pakistani is again Pakistan they will down a rc plane and say it was Su30 of India which changed its form to sneak in Paki Territory and first phase of Ghazwa-e-hind is complete.

angryIndian

Country flag
very interesting data

HIMACHAL - 402 damn
UK - 271
JK - 185 o_O
AP - 127
NAGALAND - 53

:hmm: Kerala giving more num than UP,MP,MH,GUJARAT wasnt expecting that.

One Important aspect that nobody is talking about is the entire structure of Infantry regiments in the Indian Army.

The regimental system made by the British using the vague "Martial Race" ideology should have been binned right at the time of independence itself.Unfortunately we are still continuing with this British legacy 75 years after independence.

We need mixed regiments like Brigade of guards rather than caste or ethnic regiments.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles