Indian Army Artillery

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the kalyani group 155mm 52 caliber gun looks promising and it's fully indegeneous and is ready of trials.hope they induct it soon.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Two Indian towed 45cal guns at display ..

you are wrong. the kalyani group showcased artillery is indegeneously manufactured 155mm 52 caliber called bharat 52.
you must have been confused with another kalyani group project called Project Karan: Upgrade proposal of M-46 130mm guns to 155mm/45 caliber guns by Kalyani Group which is not yet showcased.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My bad, Indeed it is a 155mm of 52cal, Last time they showed a 45cal so got confused ..

I went to the expo and took some real nice pics of all Indian guns present there with details, Will post soon ..

I also took pics of Karan so does a ultra light 155mm of 39cal made by Kalayani too ..

you are wrong. the kalyani group showcased artillery is indegeneously manufactured 155mm 52 caliber called bharat 52.
you must have been confused with another kalyani group project called Project Karan: Upgrade proposal of M-46 130mm guns to 155mm/45 caliber guns by Kalyani Group which is not yet showcased.

Kyubi

Country flag

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
... so does a ultra light 155mm of 39cal made by Kalayani too ..
Dada, any specifications on the ULH? Overall system weight? Chassis made of Titanium like the M777? Range? Any special ammo?

I hope we can come up with a indigenous 155x39 ULH capable of being under-slung from a Mi-17v5.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
its 4500kg, based on M777 ..

Will post pic in due time ..

Dada, any specifications on the ULH? Overall system weight? Chassis made of Titanium like the M777? Range? Any special ammo?

I hope we can come up with a indigenous 155x39 ULH capable of being under-slung from a Mi-17v5.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
My bad, Indeed it is a 155mm of 52cal, Last time they showed a 45cal so got confused ..

I went to the expo and took some real nice pics of all Indian guns present there with details, Will post soon ..

I also took pics of Karan so does a ultra light 155mm of 39cal made by Kalayani too ..
Kunal sir when did you come to expo ?
@Rage went to expo yesterday. Hope to see your pics and info soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Kalyani Group's 'big gun' plans forge ahead

February 17, 2014: The Baba N. Kalyani-promoted Kalyani Group has managed to grab the attention
of the Indian Army in a big way following its showing at the recent Defexpo show.
SP's can confirm that the
company has a series of follow-on meetings with the Army over the next two-three weeks to fine-tune possible cooperation, as well as to
discuss certain new unspecified requirements. The Indian Army will be doing this with other
companies too, including L&T and Tata. Interest in the private sector's capability in the field of artillery
weapons is at an all-time high. Most prominent among the Kalyani Group's offerings this year was Bharat-52 155mm/52cal
towed gun, that will be among the contenders for long-delayed Army
requirements. Apart from the 'Project Karan' of the 130mm M46 guns to a 155mm/45cal standard,
the other products being
discussed included the Ultra-light Long-range howitzer (155mm/39cal) that the Kalyani Group proposes to develop and
build in collaboration with U.S. firm Mandus. The future programme, based on soft recoil technology envisages a 4500 kg gun with an assisted/ unassisted range of 22.4/30 km, with an intense rate of fire of 4 rounds per minute for 3 minutes.
Finally, the Army has also
expressed interest in the Garuda 105 ultra-light field gun, which the Kalyani Group has called a 'paradigm shift in close support'. Once again in collaboration with
Mandus, the platform is based on the 105mm Indian field gun (IFG), incorporates soft recoil technology, digital fire control, based on an all terrain vehicle with mountainous terrain
manoeuverability, and adaptable for fitment on any current in- service vehicle.

Kalyani Group s big gun plans forge ahead - SP's Land Forces

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Imho, The Army should order some 100 guns in advance from Kalyani co, The trails are long and there should be no delays ..

MOD latter on can have a plan for hybrid gun of both Kalayani and Dhanush ..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i think we should have 1000 field guns, 1000 wheel guns, 1000 track guns and 1000 ultra light guns. Lets have common ammo and common parts on these guns. That will not only make them economical but also attract private sector to make them.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Indian MoD To Finalize
Howitzer Deal After Next
Government Takes Charge

The Indian ministry of defence (MoD) has apparently cleared all the pending queries on the manufacturer of the M-777 ultra- light Howitzers - regarding the proposed acquisition for 145 of these artillery guns, but the deal with the US through the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programme will not be inked yet. According to various reports, the deal may not be signed until a new government is in place later this year. One of the reasons for the delay in the Howitzer artillery deal is the upcoming elections in India, plus the defence expenditure for the current fiscal year is believed to be minimal.
The validity of the Letter of Acceptance issued by the US government had lapsed on October 15, 2013, leaving India with no choice but to re- negotiation, with a fresh Letter of Acceptance issued by US. In addition, BAE Systems had suspended the production line of the M-777 ULHs on October 17. India has not bought artillery guns since the Bofors deal in 1986. The Defence Acquisition Council — of the ministry of defence (MoD) — had in 2013 approved the proposed acquisition which was initially estimated to cost about 3,500 crore but could cost significantly more than that now. The Ultra-Light Howitzers are expected to be stationed in the Northern sector and North-east in the areas bordering China and is expected to dramatically boost the firepower of the Indian Army.

Indian MoD To Finalize Howitzer Deal After Next Government Takes Charge

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles