Indian Army Artillery

abingdonboy

Country flag
A few of the upgrades already developed, and most at advanced stages.
One particular tech under development for 1200 units ATAGS v2 & unknown units of MGS v2 is the Adaptive recoil system comprising of both Magneto Rheological (MR) fluid and Soft recoil system to reduce firing load + reduce the system structural weight.... will open the gates for 58 Cal Barrel, from the current 52.

This would go well in our indigenous NG-SPH, equivalent to South Korea's proposed K9-A3.
A bird in the hand and all that…..

always waiting for tomorrow and sacrificing the present is not leadership, it’s cowardice

Gambling the commies aren’t coming when they caught you with your pants down in 2020 but sure wait for the next ‘next generation’ platform then the next then the next…

the Indian military is the epitome of perfect being the enemy of good enough

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Dude, you literally ended up making a whole fucking comic strip to mock me, just because I dropped some uncomfortable facts on what essentially is a metal box on a pair of tracks - just a piece of equipment, a fucking inanimated object and somehow meri jal rahi hai??!! Like, what the fuck kind of logic is that?? Seriously, tu akhir hai kaha se be?? Matlab kuch bhi??!!
😏 it took me barely 2 mins to copy paste template from internet to mspaint and make it and upload it here;

however, if we search "Arjun" with "Blood+" as member in DFI's search feature we get these many results...

and you yourself claimed this in one of your posts
1695655108971.png

and this entire post here

and what not if someone backtracks to older posts

😏 so it's obvious who's more emotionally invested regarding Arjun to going as far as jumping into same arguments again and again and going as far as using crass language to others; rest i merely made that meme that you call 'comic strip' just to pull your leg regarding this particular thing about you

at end i'll let others be judge here on kiski jali hai

abingdonboy

Country flag
meanwhile in the real world
View attachment 223785
These are all from the real world too, one of them only exists because of a specific request from the late CDS

The products on offer are piling up yet the IA seems to have a single problem with each one unless it has a ‘made in Israel/France’ stamp on it

63D61B64-1C3D-48E3-B0DA-00B98A19FC89.jpeg

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
These are all from the real world too, one of them only exists because of a specific request from the late CDS

The products on offer are piling up yet the IA seems to have a single problem with each one unless it has a ‘made in Israel/France’ stamp on it

View attachment 223822
No no all of these are overweight. Also needs Cortana premium, not the one that comes with Windows.
1695656091673.png

abingdonboy

Country flag
No no all of these are overweight. Also needs Cortana premium, not the one that comes with Windows.
View attachment 223826
Gravity must work differently in india, everything is overweight (regardless of the capability)

i also don’t understand how we are expected to live with the fact that 16-18t ATAGS is overweight but the 30t K9 that they are now also buying specifically for the mountains is fine?

Blood+

Country flag
😏 it took me barely 2 mins to copy paste template from internet to mspaint and make it and upload it here;

however, if we search "Arjun" with "Blood+" as member in DFI's search feature we get these many results...

and you yourself claimed this in one of your posts
View attachment 223818
and this entire post here

and what not if someone backtracks to older posts
Ok, but I fail to see any contradiction from my previous stand.

😏 so it's obvious who's more emotionally invested regarding Arjun to going as far as jumping into same arguments again and again
Because the same bullshit claims of Arjun's supposed superiority get peddled over and over and over again!! The myth just doesn't die; that's why!! It's got nothing to do with emotions; facts do not care about our emotions. And if you think you know better, then why don't you try and refute my so-called arguments??

and going as far as using crass language to others;
Sorry that I never learned to sugarcoat my words; I never imagined people would be so emotionally invested, and that too in some piece of equipment, no less.

rest i merely made that meme that you call 'comic strip' just to pull your leg regarding this particular thing about you
Ok, but wouldn't it have been more productive and logical for you to call me out on my claims?? Instead, you felt this seemingly irresistible urge to make a mockery of my unapologetic penchant for sticking to facts, and yet you claim your action was not emotionally motivated?? Sorry, but I ain't buying it, chief.

at end i'll let others be judge here on kiski jali hai
On that, finally, we can agree.

Blood+

Country flag
Gravity must work differently in india, everything is overweight (regardless of the capability)

i also don’t understand how we are expected to live with the fact that 16-18t ATAGS is overweight but the 30t K9 that they are now also buying specifically for the mountains is fine?
While I agree with the overall point you're trying to make regarding this whole ATAGS charade, drawing parallel between a towed gun and an SPH wrt to their weight is plain ludicrous.

abingdonboy

Country flag
While I agree with the overall point you're trying to make regarding this whole ATAGS charade, comparing a towed gun with an SPH is plain ludicrous.
No it isn’t. I’m not talking about role I’m talking about the basics- mass

with similar ranges the ATAGS and K9 will be operating in similar terrain/areas behind the frontline. SPGs being self propelled vs the ATAGS+GTV does not mean anything- to get to the front they Have to use the same rails, same roads, bridges etc etc

ATAGS has been tested and proven itself in forward areas anyway

Anyway it’s all BS, 18 or 30t is getting irrelevant when the GoI is pouring 10s of billions into the road and rail infra in the NE that’s designed to support 70t MBTs

Blood+

Country flag
No it isn’t. I’m not talking about role I’m talking about the basics- mass
I'm talking abot the same as well.

with similar ranges the ATAGS and K9 will be operating in similar terrain/areas behind the frontline.
Not necessarily. You see, one of the reasons why towed guns are preferred in mountainous terrain, apart from their lower cost, is because they can be taken to places where SPGs cannot. So you can bet your bottom penny that ATAGS (or any towed gun they go with) will be deployed in more forward positions than K9s. Besides, as of now, K9s are being inducted solely for the Ladakh sector, while ATAGS will be deployed all along the LAC.

ATAGS has been tested and proven itself in forward areas anyway
No arguments there.
Anyway it’s all BS, 18 or 30t is getting irrelevant when the GoI is pouring 10s of billions into the road and rail infra in the NE that’s designed to support 70t MBTs
Of course it's all bullshit, who's denying that??

abingdonboy

Country flag
Looking at latest ATAGS saga.

I sometimes wonder- "Army commanders" meeting is mainly held for discussing their pensions & salaries issues. Not for war preparedness.
The only time veterans give a hoot about military matters is when their pocket is threatened

China can come on their soil,their junior officers and ranks can be butchered, their ancient helicopters can crash and these guys only give platitudes (martyrdom etc)

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
There is no commercial Fuel Cell manufacturing in India. Only ISRO has a patent which is open for colloboration. On the other hand we have tonnes of manufactureres for electric and Diesel based Power Units.

Again this is IA chances are high they will purchase a Israeli Gun without any mobility feature and proudly talk about it in TV interviews.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I'm talking abot the same as well.

Not necessarily. You see, one of the reasons why towed guns are preferred in mountainous terrain, apart from their lower cost, is because they can be taken to places where SPGs cannot. So you can bet your bottom penny that ATAGS (or any towed gun they go with) will be deployed in more forward positions than K9s. Besides, as of now, K9s are being inducted solely for the Ladakh sector, while ATAGS will be deployed all along the LAC.
Going by that logic, the logistical chain will be 95% common to the K9 and ATAGS, the final few KMs to the most forward areas can’t handle 16-18t but 15t is fine? Talk about arbitrary

Blood+

Country flag
Going by that logic, the logistical chain will be 95% common to the K9 and ATAGS, the final few KMs to the most forward areas can’t handle 16-18t but 15t is fine? Talk about arbitrary
As you said and I agreed earlier, it's all bullshit (if this news piece holds any amount of water, that is).

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
There is no commercial Fuel Cell manufacturing in India. Only ISRO has a patent which is open for colloboration. On the other hand we have tonnes of manufactureres for electric and Diesel based Power Units.

Again this is IA chances are high they will purchase a Israeli Gun without any mobility feature and proudly talk about it in TV interviews.
Sound. The Athos/Atmos fits their lightweight lobbying and comes with satellite aided gun laying and guided ammo.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Ok, but I fail to see any contradiction from my previous stand.

Because the same bullshit claims of Arjun's supposed superiority get peddled over and over and over again!! The myth just doesn't die; that's why!! It's got nothing to do with emotions; facts do not care about our emotions. And if you think you know better, then why don't you try and refute my so-called arguments??

Sorry that I never learned to sugarcoat my words; I never imagined people would be so emotionally invested, and that too in some piece of equipment, no less.

Ok, but wouldn't it have been more productive and logical for you to call me out on my claims?? Instead, you felt this seemingly irresistible urge to make a mockery of my unapologetic penchant for sticking to facts, and yet you claim your action was not emotionally motivated?? Sorry, but I ain't buying it, chief.

On that, finally, we can agree.
1695658531302.png

😏 snickers khaa lo bhai, itna ghor wala gussa ho rhe ho ek meme par; going as far as started following me so you get alerts on my posts;
1695658608010.png

just कूल डाउन

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Sound. The Athos/Atmos fits their lightweight lobbying and comes with satellite aided gun laying and guided ammo.
Baba Kalyani: Buy our systems it cleared all trials.

Le Army: But it is overweight.

Baba Kalyani: But it is 95% indigenous and it carried mobility trials successfully in Sikkim, Ladakh.

Le Army: But you are electric drives change it to Hydraulics drive.

Baba Kalyani: All the systems were passed the trials.

Le Army: No No No. We need Fuel Cell, AI , ML and Directed Energy Weapons.

Baba Kalyani: Sed noises. Proceeds to sell ATAGS to Armenia.

Blood+

Country flag
Nope, too much added sugar, plus I'm not really a fan of Dhoni, so there's that.
itna ghor wala gussa ho rhe ho ek meme par;
Not gussa, plain disappointment.

going as far as started following me so you get alerts on my posts;
View attachment 223837
just कूल डाउन
Not because I'm angry, but rather to see how much more disappointment I can get out of you.

another_armchair

Country flag
OFB takes years to fulfill orders of 114 odd Dhanush systems and is expected to deliver the last gun from the order by 2026-27. OFB sheepishly admits 'some' parts are imported.

With K-9 Vajra, contract is signed in 2017, 100th gun gets delivered by L&T in 2021... under the overhang of covid. Agreed, it may have been glorified screwdrivering at best but still..

Sala MHA should raise arty brigades with BSF, Assam Rifles, CRPF and ITBP, arm them with whatever indigenous guns they can get their hands on and train the maximum number of men they can so if shit truly hits the fan some day, there will be a few around to retaliate. I know there are a few BSF battalions who operate the 105 LFG and I did find a video on youtube of a couple of 'concealed' 105's firing almost in LOS mode across the LOC sometime around 2016-2017... but can't find that video anymore.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles