Indian Army Artillery

binayak95

Country flag
There is a proposal to increase the percentage of soldiers permanently retained from 25% in agnipath program to 50%. God help us, then what's the point of having a reservist system. The whole idea was to take advantage of a reduction in manpower to spend on capital expenditure.
Because 25% is too little. Your entire NCO/JCO ranks will be gutted and destroyed by that.

jai jaganath

Country flag
The Army needs officers like Manekshaw or Sundarji to get everything back on track. There's a lot of smart people in the Army, but they need to be heard as well.. That is the need of the hour, because I have no doubts that our borders with China and Pakistan will go FUBAR in the near and dear future..
They were class seasoned with war, known and experienced existential crisis to the nation and understood the importance of strength and superiority over the enemy
They weren't dependent on diplomacy to solve their issues
Now we don't have such men thats the fact
For us to change we need large scale war, huge casualties, embarrassment, humiliation, public awareness and territorial loss
Call me whatever u want they only understand through fear

abingdonboy

Country flag
I’ve heard the exact opposite, ATHOS has a lot of support from the very top, ATAGS is only on track for nominal orders.

ATAGS MGS is also not likely to go anywhere for the next 7 years
I’ve been saying from the start, ATHOS is a fixation by the IA, we can all guess why

India is not a serious country

abingdonboy

Country flag
it's ridiculous really. They are not able to buy even a fraction of the guns required post Kargil in 1999 ( a quarter century ago) and make up unrealistic requirements to delay things further.
FARP from almost 30 years ago calls for ~1600 towed guns, they’ve inducted less than 100 hence.

these jokers aren’t interested in solutions only their foreign pay checks

abingdonboy

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
GENTLEMEN WE'RE IN TROUBLE! THE ATAGS CLEARED ALL THE INSANE TRIALS WITH FLYING COLORS!

But don't worry we have an idea

Arjun is ‘overweight’ because it has superior protection to the T90 and 4 person crew because of the GSQR from the IA, despite that it has better mobility and lower ground pressure

these scumbags aren’t making good faith arguments, they are just putting out whatever bs they can to an uneducated populace and illiterate political class to justify their imports

abingdonboy

Country flag
all of it would have made sense had it been like 1200 ATAGS v1 and 300 to 500 initial batch of this futuristic ATAGS Version 2 thing;
they are trying to chase a fucking mirage here with these many things that not even best of artillery in market have in offer right now
but do we even need these many Gizmo in hand to start with ?! we need to develop a strong base of modern-tier artillery in good numbers first which ATAGS and Bharat-52 and Dhanush already are capable of building out of; then why are they wasting precious time in all these mumbo jumbo gizmo ?! pehle jo shortage hai woh toh kam kare baad me replace kar dena jab yeh sab FUTURISTIC ADVANCED ban jaae :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Army watched LCA project and took notes

Every few months/years a new requirement or spec change to the point you are challenging the laws of freaking physics

LCA was small because it was asked to meet the same footprint as MiG-21 to make use of their HAS at forward bases which created packaging and miniaturisation challenges (listen to the podcast Blueskies with navy TP Malonker)

ATAGS has a 25L chamber, world record for range in a 155/52 towed gun but these a-holes want it to be arbitrarily 2-3 tons lighter despite it passing all mobility trails in the mountains

it had an electrical drive and autoloader that was dropped to ‘save weight’, now they are demanding ‘futuristic’ capabilities?

proof that the point isn’t capabilities but their import addiction.

Blood+

Country flag

Arjun is ‘overweight’ because it has superior protection to the T90
Bullshit!! Arjun is overweight due to horrendous design optimization by our clueless DRDO walas!! I've told you before and will repeat this again - quit peddling this crap, seriously, quit it!!

and 4 person crew because of the GSQR from the IA, despite that it has better mobility and lower ground pressure
That's about the only advantage Arjunks hold over the T-90s (apart from extra 3 degrees of gun depression) as things stand right now.

Blackmamba

Country flag

View attachment 223747

Wow what a surprise
Manu Pubby arms lobbyist are not a credible source of news.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Bullshit!! Arjun is overweight due to horrendous design optimization by our clueless DRDO walas!! I've told you before and will repeat this again - quit peddling this crap, seriously, quit it!!

That's about the only advantage Arjunks hold over the T-90s (apart from extra 3 degrees of gun depression) as things stand right now.
everytime Arjun is appreciated 😏 ...
1695653228824.png

Blood+

Country flag
Dude, you literally ended up making a whole fucking comic strip to mock me, just because I dropped some uncomfortable facts on what essentially is a metal box on a pair of tracks - just a piece of equipment, a fucking inanimated object and somehow meri jal rahi hai??!! Like, what the fuck kind of logic is that?? Seriously, tu akhir hai kaha se be?? Matlab kuch bhi??!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles