Indian Army Artillery

Zebra

Country flag
GoI should think about Blacklisting Procedure for the defence tenders .

It should be case by case basis and not for the company's entire product range .

If CBI can not prove it in time ( like 5-7 years ) , than GoI should lift the ban for the company's product .

SPIEZ

Country flag
GoI should think about Blacklisting Procedure for the defence tenders .

It should be case by case basis and not for the company's entire product range .

If CBI can not prove it in time ( like 5-7 years ) , than GoI should lift the ban for the company's product .
Why ! Expecting Bofors Part 2 ?

I think that might be a scare for the MoD, and that's why they cancelled the deal, despite the Army's request.

bhramos

Country flag
Konstrukta of Slovakia's Gun

Rheinmetall of Germany's Gun

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
Why ! Expecting Bofors Part 2 ?

I think that might be a scare for the MoD, and that's why they cancelled the deal, despite the Army's request.
There are lot bigger scams than Bofors in India .

It is nearly impossible to stop scams . No matter what we do .

At least it will not effect our defence issues .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Antony is playing with the nation's security just to maintain his clean image. IA needs self propelled howitzers in the thousands.

Reactions: sob

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Maybe we should. I am just tired of waiting to see new 155mm howitzers for so many years now.Maybe the Army should just say they don't want 155mm Howitzers anymore
One thing is clear, they are not serious about providing modern fire support. With all the new Pak and Chicom guns entering service IA is going to be at a serious disadvantage.

sandeepdg

One thing is clear, they are not serious about providing modern fire support. With all the new Pak and Chicom guns entering service IA is going to be at a serious disadvantage.
It already is at a disadvantage for the past 10 years. I just hope we get some decision on ultra light howitzers and tracked ones at least. But even that seems remote to me.

Naren1987

The Army needs to order more Pinaka and Brahmos fast, to compensate for this shortage, looks like the only piece of Artillery that will be inducted is the DRDO gun, but I doubt we'll have it ready and upto the Army's expectations before 2018.

pmaitra

The Army needs to order more Pinaka and Brahmos fast, to compensate for this shortage, looks like the only piece of Artillery that will be inducted is the DRDO gun, but I doubt we'll have it ready and upto the Army's expectations before 2018.
Pinaka and BrahMos cannot provide concentrated fire over a small area for prolonged periods of time. Rocket artillery is also more expensive than artillery shells. They are good in range though. IMHO, we do need these howitzers.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Army is not really in a position to afford canceling everything like this. Our armored division right now is totally relying on Two things: Arjun and T-90Ms. Other than that, we don't have:

- A mobile gun system
- Cutting edge APC platform

In Artillery now we don't have:

- Modern towed artillery
- SPH
- Significant MBRLs (Pinakas and Smerchs)
- now wheeled howitzers

WTF are our soldiers supposed to fight the Chinese with? :mad2: Our ENTIRE military force is reliant right now only on three things:

- MKIs from IAF
- Arjuns and T-90s from armored divisions
- Infantry and special forces.

A Chinese-initiated battle will never come to the stage of Naval confrontation (to such an extreme level). We should scrap the defense ministry (wish we could).

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Konstrukta of Slovakia's Gun

Rheinmetall of Germany's Gun

Brahmos dear friend you are wrong, as both the guns you have posted are slovakian in origin the top one is the DANA and the bottom one is the Zuzana SPH, what rhein metall has offered us(or rather was offering us) was the rwg-52 which is basically a platform that has the PZH-2000 turret on top iof a denel G6 chassis, however DENEL being blacklisted as well i do not see taht coming in with us anytime soon.

an extremely short vid of the Rwg-52 in india

Last edited by a moderator:

Naren1987

Pinaka and BrahMos cannot provide concentrated fire over a small area for prolonged periods of time. Rocket artillery is also more expensive than artillery shells. They are good in range though. IMHO, we do need these howitzers.
Then you're sure to be disappointed, my boy, I don't think any non DRDO gun will ever be selected.
And if the indigenuous 155 mm does get clearance by 2015, a very unlikely scenario, we'll have to wait another 2 decades for all the pieces to be delivered to the Army.

Naren1987

Army is not really in a position to afford canceling everything like this. Our armored division right now is totally relying on Two things: Arjun and T-90Ms. Other than that, we don't have:

- A mobile gun system
- Cutting edge APC platform

In Artillery now we don't have:

- Modern towed artillery
- SPH
- Significant MBRLs (Pinakas and Smerchs)
- now wheeled howitzers

WTF are our soldiers supposed to fight the Chinese with? :mad2: Our ENTIRE military force is reliant right now only on three things:

- MKIs from IAF
- Arjuns and T-90s from armored divisions
- Infantry and special forces.

A Chinese-initiated battle will never come to the stage of Naval confrontation (to such an extreme level). We should scrap the defense ministry (wish we could).
There are too few MKIs,
The T-90s and Arjuns can operate only along the Pakistani border, we need light tanks for the Tibetan plateau, we don't have them.
And even the Army Generals rate the Indian infantry a 3 out of 10.
Unless we get a leader in the Defmin that is 10 times the man that Modi is, we are at the mercy of the Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, you cannot have light tanks on the Tibetan plateau.

They will be blown to smithereens!

Naren1987

This is going to be a meaning less rant, but what do these votebank-politics-addicted pieces of crap think is going to happen in the next war.
Do they think that Pakistani/Chinese soldiers will go ga-ga at Amul Gandhis' smile and surrender in droves?
They're not the gullible farmers of Amethi, ya know?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles