Indian Army Armored Vehicles

methos

Country flag
Let me quote this directly from their article:

The DRDO has been claiming to have used Kanchan armour in appropriate combination with monolithic armour for enhanced immunity.

The earlier trials showed Kanchan was very effective against high-explosive attack but not against high-velocity armour-piercing fin-stabilised darts.
Early trials (pre-1997) showed that Kanchan alone (the version used at this time) did not provide sufficient protection against kinetic energy. DRDO answered by claiming that an appropriate amount of steel armour is used (in the Kanchan version available in 1997). Hence it was added after the earlier tirals.
So much about my imagination. Read it in "The Week" from 12th October of 1997. It was their cover story.

If you prefer the words from DRDO about their own product more than a critical view from journalists, then this is your own personal thing.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I dont want date of some article and words you telling can be quite false as the dates, Provide link of the article or even a PDF / Screen shot ..

DRDO tech-focus is a good source than any mouthpieces of anyone, I dont feel the need to explain more ..

So much about my imagination. Read it in "The Week" from 12th October of 1997. It was their cover story.

If you prefer the words from DRDO about their own product more than a critical view from journalists, then this is your own personal thing.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Indian Army's T-72 with UN markings at the Belgian compound in Kismayo, Somalia, in support of Operation Continue Hope as a part of UNOSOM.

hitesh

A nicely painted windows in RED. Are they made for snipers ... !
If you look carefully the red square are actually big side view mirrors ,secondly the MPV can't roll over its windows as its is heavy armored glass ,they have firing ports on the sides to allow firing in just case.Gunner sits on the top of roof with a LMG .
This would be the last place where A sniper would think of as its the most obvious place one would expect an enemy & sniping is all about deception & accuracy .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
As far as i know, CRPF use TATA MPV so does Mahindra and OFB once ..

Army only use Ex-SAF MPVs and OFB onces, May be they get TATA and Mahindra the orders if OFB unable to deliver the vehicles in time ..

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
OFB's MPV currently offers highest protection amongst MPVs being made in India. Why would you want the users to buy an inferior product ?
OFB MPV

Mine Blast 14 Kg TNT under tyres
10 Kg TNT under hull
10 Kg IED on side walls

Small Arms 7.62 mm SLR firing from 10 Mts distance on all sides of the vehicle

Ordnance Factory Board

Mahindra MPV

The MPVI combines excellent ballistic and mine protection. Its armor blocks a range of bullets (.62 mm x 51 NATO ball, 7.62 mm x 39 AK-47 ball, and 5.56 mm INSAS lead core MV 925m/sec) from up to 45 degrees from the top and up to 90 degrees from the sides at a distance of 10m. It can withstand 21kg of TNT under the center of any wheel and 14kg under the crew compartment, and its V-shaped, steel monocoque hull directs the force of the blast away from the occupants.

21kg of TNT under the center of any wheel

14kg under the crew compartment, and side wall

so how is mahindra is inferior :cool2:

Mine Protected Vehicle

Twinblade

Country flag
OFB MPV

Mine Blast 14 Kg TNT under tyres
10 Kg TNT under hull
10 Kg IED on side walls

Small Arms 7.62 mm SLR firing from 10 Mts distance on all sides of the vehicle

Ordnance Factory Board

Mahindra MPV

The MPVI combines excellent ballistic and mine protection. Its armor blocks a range of bullets (.62 mm x 51 NATO ball, 7.62 mm x 39 AK-47 ball, and 5.56 mm INSAS lead core MV 925m/sec) from up to 45 degrees from the top and up to 90 degrees from the sides at a distance of 10m. It can withstand 21kg of TNT under the center of any wheel and 14kg under the crew compartment, and its V-shaped, steel monocoque hull directs the force of the blast away from the occupants.

21kg of TNT under the center of any wheel

14kg under the crew compartment, and side wall

so how is mahindra is inferior :cool2:

Mine Protected Vehicle
Google the protection specs offered by OFB's Yuktirath III and come back to me my friend, or let me just help you with a direct link. OFB's latest MPV Yuktirath III is miles ahead of anything in Indian market.
Ordnance Factory Board showcases Yuktirath| ZigWheels.com
Cheers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles