Indian Special Forces

kaboom

Country flag
Where's the advantage in only equipping the pointment with suppressors and not the entire squad?

Let's hope these unit purchases are used in actual ops and not limited to parades to begin with. Standardization is a whole new ballgame which is alien to IA, lowkey allergic to our generals and it's best folks here have the least expectations on that front
In the older times when suppressors were a fancy thing ,only the pointman had a suppressor . If the team comes across a target that is needed to be dealt with silently , It was his job to take him down silently with his suppressed weapon .
This same thought process is still followed by us .Even though suppressors have become much cheaper, easy to produce . Heck you can even 3d print them now . We have overlooked the flash suppression and user hearing advantage that suppressors can provide .
The advantage supps provide is clearly evident with their widespread use in Ukr-Russ conflict ,a huge bulk of the frontline troops are using them on the both sides even country made ones .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The Marines transitioned to M27 IAR+VCOG combo for its entire structure with the support troops & MARSOC getting M27/Reccee variant+EoTech and training getting KeyMod M16.. and other than their air units, they get peanuts when it comes to budget and hand me downs of other units.
I read that those M27s are heavy as fuck and not worth replacing M249s and replacing entire units with M27s instead of lighter M4s were not worth it .

VictorDelta4

Country flag
I read that those M27s are heavy as fuck and not worth replacing M249s and replacing entire units with M27s instead of lighter M4s were not worth it .
M249s are staying. They will be for the fire support teams/weapons platoons. The Fire teams/rifle squads SAW gunners get to move between M27 and M249s instead of being just the M249s.
And yes compared to the M4, the M27 is bulkier and costlier. 700$ for a M4 vs around 3K for a M27.
However, since the entire Corps will now have suppressed rifles, 416s and its gas system becomes an appropriate choice. It is also more modern and accurate compared to a standard M4.
Personally, it would have been a far better option to develop a modern and upgraded upper receiver like the URGI, with better barrel, rail system and some other modern furniture changes on the lower, the M4 could have saved a shit ton of money.

Definitely some marine General will have a cushy retirement holiday home somewhere courtesy HK.

kaboom

Country flag
I regularly watches the updates of PLA on PlA times in insta.They are far ahead of us.
PLA is learning from other's mistakes
We are not learning from our own

It's so Over

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The same goes for Matsimus. It's gotta be somethin' with their education system.
Their system is far far superior than our and British style.

They rely on NCOs to lead the way,incase of a casualty another one continues.

There are 6-8 officers in a battalion if all die the unit is screwed..so its easy in a war to loose.

This is like the older system in which when the king died the battle is over.

Their officers do the planning and procurement whereas our officers sadly have no idea about it.

Except Gen Yash Mor,Major Sahini and Major Sapru i see no aptitude in our guys and to be honest some lack intelligence also.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles