Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
That #IndiaUS ties bothers me.. Modi should not pick this 70s design for IndiaUS ties
The Design for Su-27 from which Su-30 MKI came was created in the 70s. the Designs for Majority of the Modern Fighters in the world right now were created back in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Yeah that's a issue. But i think now MMRCA 2.0 is only between French and Americans. Russians and Euro fighter is already out.
So now it looks like they know F-21 will not get selected in any condition hence they are kinda making their best move.
What do you think which jet is better Rafale VS F-15E.
I like Rafale but I got go with a tried and tested Air-Superiority/Multirole Fighter like the F-15EX.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

Can someone explain me what are the pros and cons of making defence procurement in this manner?.
Thanks.
India needs to get its act together. Nobody is going to fucking sell us shit when we are continually screwing the manufacturers around by cancelling and restarting competitions every other day. We need to stick with one jet and get this shit done and over with and not waste time. Some of our Squadrons are under strength we need the fighters right now.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Su-34 Fullback in Indian colors
We were going to buy such 200 aircrafts after we retired Canberra.
Might as well get F-15EX... Similar payload & range, much superior EW & tech.
Dassault and HAL may workshare on possible additional Rafale orders
18 FEBRUARY 2020

Dassault Aviation and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited to produce Rafale jets. Credit: Tim Felce (Airwolfhound).

French aircraft maker Dassault Aviation and state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) are reportedly in discussions for workshare on possible additional Rafale orders.

Sources close to the matter have been quoted by The Economic Times as saying that ‘detailed discussions have taken place on how HAL facilities and expertise could be used for the next round of localisation when more jets are ordered’.
The IAF has agreed to procure a total of 36 Rafale medium multi-role combat aircraft under an approximately $8bn intergovernmental agreement. As part of the deal, the first Rafale aircraft was officially handed over to the Indian Defence Ministry.

Moreover, Dassault entered a joint venture with Reliance Defence to produce Rafale fighter jet components in India.

Dassault and HAL have already worked together on the $2.1bn upgrade of the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Mirage 2000 fleet. The development follows after India Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat talked about the idea of staggered purchase approach of new foreign fighter jets.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is considering buying 110 new fighter jets in a more than $15bn deal, for which a Request for Proposal (RFP) has not been issued yet.

Rawat was quoted by The Print as saying: “You should not go in for large numbers. Staggered acquisitions are important because when small orders are placed, it gives us time to take care of their downtime and also allow modernisation of the three services simultaneously.”

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

18 FEBRUARY 2020

Dassault Aviation and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited to produce Rafale jets. Credit: Tim Felce (Airwolfhound).

French aircraft maker Dassault Aviation and state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) are reportedly in discussions for workshare on possible additional Rafale orders.

Sources close to the matter have been quoted by The Economic Times as saying that ‘detailed discussions have taken place on how HAL facilities and expertise could be used for the next round of localisation when more jets are ordered’.
The IAF has agreed to procure a total of 36 Rafale medium multi-role combat aircraft under an approximately $8bn intergovernmental agreement. As part of the deal, the first Rafale aircraft was officially handed over to the Indian Defence Ministry.

Moreover, Dassault entered a joint venture with Reliance Defence to produce Rafale fighter jet components in India.

Dassault and HAL have already worked together on the $2.1bn upgrade of the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Mirage 2000 fleet. The development follows after India Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat talked about the idea of staggered purchase approach of new foreign fighter jets.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is considering buying 110 new fighter jets in a more than $15bn deal, for which a Request for Proposal (RFP) has not been issued yet.

Rawat was quoted by The Print as saying: “You should not go in for large numbers. Staggered acquisitions are important because when small orders are placed, it gives us time to take care of their downtime and also allow modernisation of the three services simultaneously.”
F-15EX is good Aircraft and the EX is a variant of the Strike Eagle making it capable of doing Multirole Missions then immediately switch to Air superiority.

Gaurav Rai

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am back to the forum after a break. Can anyone tell me whether we moved forward on rafale deal or not.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
I am back to the forum after a break. Can anyone tell me whether we moved forward on rafale deal or not.
It’s still a complete shit show Government wants to continue buying a jet from MMCRA but the CDS says not going to buying any new aircraft but will continue with Rafale. Even they don’t know what to do with this shit. I don’t understand why is it so hard for them to pick a jet which was part of this competition for many years now.

Craigs

Country flag

18 FEBRUARY 2020

Now Rafale's safety record will also plummet just like Su30's.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Honestly I too believe just buy more Rafale or Gripen.. with Rafale there is a decent chance of tot .. Gripen is quite cheap and good

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Now Rafale's safety record will also plummet just like Su30's.
LoL I agree you might see a Rafale hitting the ground every other day because of HAL and it’s safety inspections. Some other company should have been picked to produce the Rafale not HAL.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles