Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
The DRDO Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (#SAAW) is a long-range precision is designed to be capable of engaging ground targets with high precision up to a range of 100 km. @DRDO_India @indiatvnews @IAF_MCC @DefenceMinIndia https://t.co/mU4iFE1CPI

Super Flanker

Banned
20211215_172345.jpg

The one who explained why fighter pilots are of different breed!
Beautiful shot from the lens of Deb Rana sir, displaying how magnificent it was to see Grp Cpt Varun Singh onboard the LCA.
Rest in Heaven king, with the wings 🙏
JAI HIND VANDEMATRAM.
20211215_172328.jpg

Super Flanker

Banned
Can anyone answer me, Do India have Russian Novator Awacs killer missiles and do the missiles have the capability to down Saab Eriye Awacs in a possible 27th Feb type skirmish? I heard Eriye has strong EW system to jam enemy jets and missile?
With Regards to your question about Novator Missile, well I don't think so there is any information on it.
I am not very sure about this whole program itself as a whole. I am not sure that you will be able to find an Answer here in this Forum though.
But I know one thing, that Novator is being developed by india and Russia and that it's an AWACS Killer Missile.

Super Flanker

Banned
I just had a question here.
What are these red colour Missiles on the Hardpoints of this MIG-35?(Marked in red)
Can you tell me? I know that the other Missiles on the Hardpoints of this MIG-35 are R-77 and R-73 but what are these red colour Missiles?
IMG_20211216_204826.jpg

Alfalfa

Country flag
With Regards to your question about Novator Missile, well I don't think so there is any information on it.
I am not very sure about this whole program itself as a whole. I am not sure that you will be able to find an Answer here in this Forum though.
But I know one thing, that Novator is being developed by india and Russia and that it's an AWACS Killer Missile.
UHm , even wikipedia lists India as an operator of the KS-172... its no secret, AT ALL!

Infact the production was restarted in 2004 specifically after India requested participation in the program

Super Flanker

Banned
UHm , even wikipedia lists India as an operator of the KS-172... its no secret, AT ALL!

Infact the production was restarted in 2004 specifically after India requested participation in the program
Yes could be.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Bad news guys. Varun Singh,the sole Survivor of the MI-17 Crash has passed away! RIP sir!
View attachment 125459
Saw this news recently. Very, very sad about it. He was the only one who could tell everyone about the happenings at the time of the crash. He was a Tejas pilot right?

May he find eternal peace in the world Beyond. May Bodhisattvas bless his family with strength☸. 🙏🇮🇳

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Everyone talks of light/medium/heavy fighters for IAF... single/double engine... having laura & lehsun features

There is no problem with IAF acquiring 50 or more modernised Su-30 or any other fighter of any weight class

What Everyone is missing always is this problem... The entire current fleet of approx 260 Su-30MKI is twin seater & combined with twin seater variants of other fighters in service... it turns out that approx 55% of IAF fighter fleet is made of twin seater jets(Where else in the world situation is like this?)... consuming a lot of pilots in a force already suffering with shortage of pilots(as per parliamentary committee reports)... when talking of available pilots per cockpit.

We need single seaters in large numbers... whether it is single engine or dual engine is another discussion.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Everyone talks of light/medium/heavy fighters for IAF... single/double engine... having laura & lehsun features

There is no problem with IAF acquiring 50 or more modernised Su-30 or any other fighter of any weight class

What Everyone is missing always is this problem... The entire current fleet of approx 260 Su-30MKI is twin seater & combined with twin seater variants of other fighters in service... it turns out that approx 55% of IAF fighter fleet is made of twin seater jets(Where else in the world situation is like this?)... consuming a lot of pilots in a force already suffering with shortage of pilots(as per parliamentary committee reports)... when talking of available pilots per cockpit.

We need single seaters in large numbers... whether it is single engine or dual engine is another discussion.
There is shortage in most military forces, even US airforce has a shortage of pilots. You don't see them retiring their twin seaters though, problem may lie somewhere else.

destructodisc

Country flag
Seems like the French Defense minister has re-iterated their wish of honouring any 'additional rafale' order.
Its in the news , not sure if discussed anywhere in the forum ( dint come up in the full text search)

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Seems like the French Defense minister has re-iterated their wish of honouring any 'additional rafale' order.
Its in the news , not sure if discussed anywhere in the forum ( dint come up in the full text search)

After losing billions worth order to AUKUS deal France is rattled and trying to secure more orders for rafale and nuke subs deal along with panthers helicopter. GoI shouldn't waste this opportunity and negotiate with France. Hope we can order more rafales and go ahead with SMX 3.0 which was offered for IN.

destructodisc

Country flag
Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles