India US Relations

Zebra

Country flag
^^

BTW, refuelling US aircrafts in Gulf war was part of the foreign policy.....!....???

Country flag
These 3 agreements delayed purchases for 10 years . Now they will
Be signed . What was gained ? Put the airforce at drastic numbers
Terrible diplomacy and planning .

Country flag
If you don't mind, elaborate that coloured part please.

And thanks in advance.
MRCA cancelled 10-12 years wasted
Defense cooperation stalled because of CISMOA more delays
Pakistan China set up production of thunder blunder
Indian plane numbers declining
Pakfa status unknown
Small RAFALE buy to fill gap
No tot no make in India
Plane prices double
No new planes
No production of Tejas in large numbers
Integration of many different platforms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnantS

Country flag
Yeah what happened ? I was starting to like this guy. Maybe got death threats.
Dunno, his twitter account simply vanished. He still posts at BR. Considering he was just a defense/economist journo. I did not find any of his tweet offensive, but then who knows what tweet offended and whom? When did speaking out against defense middlemen tactics and asking India to have spine and remain non aligned became offensive?

AnantS

Country flag
@LETHALFORCE: US does not recognize Indian interests, and opposes them overtly and covertly. It openly arms funds Pakistani's Jihadi army against India. Then why should India sign agreements which basically allows US unhindered access to Indian Defence Communications in the name of common logistics? Or give access to bases like Andaman and Nicobar when it doesn't recognize India's maritime boundary? Or support India completely on Kashmir?

India-US have excellent opportunities to invest in each other's countries. Future looks good. But politically US has not come out of cold war mindset And India should maintain its independence and non aligned nature.

Country flag
@LETHALFORCE: US does not recognize Indian interests, and opposes them overtly and covertly. It openly arms funds Pakistani's Jihadi army against India. Then why should India sign agreements which basically allows US unhindered access to Indian Defence Communications in the name of common logistics? Or give access to bases like Andaman and Nicobar when it doesn't recognize India's maritime boundary? Or support India completely on Kashmir?

India-US have excellent opportunities to invest in each other's countries. Future looks good. But politically US has not come out of cold war mindset And India should maintain its independence and non aligned nature.
USA looks out for its interests only. Like I have said many times we cannot have someone else give us a title or make us a superpower it must always be earned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnantS

Country flag
I concur with @LETHALFORCE . Nobody became superpower by standing on somebody's shoulder. Even wars cant be trusted. If any doubt ask Sikhs's experience during 47 partition in Sindh, who got slaughtered in riots while awaiting "asla" from Pathans, which of course never arrived.

Kharavela

Country flag
^^

BTW, refuelling US aircrafts in Gulf war was part of the foreign policy.....!....???
That was one time deal in exchange of USA nod for $ 2 billion loan from IMF.

The then Commerce Minister Dr Subramanian Swamy negotiated that deal with US of A.

If we are signing LSA, what significant benefits USA can offer now ?

Zebra

Country flag
That was one time deal in exchange of USA nod for $ 2 billion loan from IMF.

The then Commerce Minister Dr Subramanian Swamy negotiated that deal with US of A.

If we are signing LSA, what significant benefits USA can offer now ?
Sir, in past we already talked about it many time anyway.

And now because of those past discussions, we all know what India can get from US.

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
@Zebra @Kharavela as a thoroughly devout Christian, I can tell you that what India will get from the USA is the most important thing in the world. The love of jesus christ, he will love you to death, even & especially minors.

There is nothing that compares to his love, it reduces many to tears & many others to raging atheist lunatics

http://i.imgur.com/NXXQgiU.png

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
@Zebra @kharavels as a thoroughly devout Christian, I can tell you that what India will get from the USA is the most important thing in the world. The love of jesus christ, he will love you to death, even & especially minors.

There is nothing that compares to his love, it reduces many to tears & many others to raging atheist lunatics

http://i.imgur.com/NXXQgiU.png
Sir, this is a ' defence forum ' I am afraid.

But yeah, Jesus loves nukes also.

Panjab47

Banned
@Zebra defence of Dharam or culture is first line of national defence. You should purify yourself via the easy method (Tulsi) instead of the hard one (Agni).

Panjab47

Banned
India needs agricultural investment, military industrial development & enhanced nuclear triad.

USA can't help

garg_bharat

Country flag
Sir, this is a ' defence forum ' I am afraid.

But yeah, Jesus loves nukes also.
Military must be applied against those countries who fail to uphold civilizational values of human dignity and justice.

I am afraid the biggest culprit today is a country called Saudi Arabia.

Military applied for money or suppressing other cultures is "adharma" or behaviour of "rakshas".

Wrong use of military is a sureshot way to destruction of an empire.

Kharavela

Country flag
Sir, in past we already talked about it many time anyway.

And now because of those past discussions, we all know what India can get from US.
Those who believe that USA would help India in becoming member of UNSC or in any other way, are living in a fools paradise. History has proved again & again, contrarily.
Take recent events for example: Obama has expressed his concern over K-4 test, though he want India to join USA in tackling PRC. #Hypocrites

PARIKRAMA

Ek_Dum_Burbak
A firm strategic handshake: The India-US partnership is moving to embrace defence tech transfers and maritime collaboration
April 11, 2016, 2:00 AM IST Ashton B Carter in TOI Edit Page | Edit Page, India | TOI

When i arrived in Goa on Sunday for my second visit to India as US secretary of defence, i shook hands with my friend and counterpart defence minister Manohar Parrikar. That greeting, our visit together, and my meetings later this week in New Delhi, represent the strategic handshake occurring between our two great nations.

As the United States reaches west in our Rebalance to Asia and the Pacific, India is reaching east, pursuing an ‘Act East’ policy that will bring it further into the Indo-Pacific region. As these policies meet, as we collaborate and our military efforts complement one another, the United States and India will build a bright future that benefits both our nations in this consequential region.

This strategic confluence is one reason why the partnership between India and the United States is destined to define the 21st century, which is already proving to be an era of great change. Our deepening strategic partnership is one that is rooted firmly in shared ideals, rule of law, democratic governance, mutual interests, and a common spirit of innovation.

I have travelled to India often over the past two decades, and this marks my fourth trip as a US defence official since 2009. On my visit last June, minister Parrikar and i signed the new Framework for the US-India Defence Relationship. It sets the United States and India on a path to increasingly broad, complex and strategic cooperation to help safeguard security and stability across the region and around the world.

The United States and India also have a shared vision for peace, stability, and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region, as outlined in the Joint Strategic Vision President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Narendra Modi released last January. The United States and India will work together to maintain the progress and stability, that combined have helped so many nations in the region, including India, to rise and prosper. We share a commitment to important principles, including peaceful resolution of disputes, freedom of navigation and overflight, countering terrorism and a belief that countries should make their own security and economic choices free from coercion and intimidation.

It is in our mutual interest to continue the progress and stability in the Asia-Pacific that has been so beneficial to India, the United States, and every nation in the region.

Our defence collaboration – our shared efforts to better network the region’s security architecture so that all the region’s nations can do more together – is in many ways no different than the economic architecture we’re weaving together. Both remain essential to continuing to help safeguard regional peace and prosperity.

The United States and India share another handshake, a technological one. In 2012, our two countries created the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI), a unique initiative that is unlike anything the United States does with any other partner. The kind of co-production and co-development that the DTTI encourages – and is beginning to facilitate – directly complements Prime Minister Modi’s ‘Make in India’ initiative. The United States welcomes India’s entry into global defence supply chains and endeavours to support India’s efforts to contribute not only its own security but others’ as well.

While in India, i will work to advance our cooperation on aircraft carriers and jet fighter technology, and new agreements for science and technology cooperation. These are only some examples of our unique technological partnership, and it’s one we must build upon.

As our strategic and technological interests have drawn together, so too have our military ties. We are operationalising President Obama’s and Prime Minister Modi’s Joint Strategic Vision, which has allowed greater focus on maritime security and maritime domain awareness. This reinforced cooperation can be seen with our naval exercise Malabar, which enables Japan, India and the United States to work together at sea across the entire region, and India’s continued participation in RIMPAC, the US-hosted, and world’s largest, maritime exercise. Just as when minister Parrikar and i visited Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam last June, our scheduled visit together this week to Indian Naval Base Kadamba, the INS Vikramaditya aircraft carrier, and the USS Blue Ridge reflect this deepening relationship.

Our military collaboration reaches beyond the maritime domain. It can also be seen in India’s return to an annual aerial combat exercise in the United States for only the highest calibre pilots, and our ongoing efforts to reinvigorate our ground forces exercises. We are doing everything possible to ensure the US-India strategic partnership realises its full potential.

The deepening relationship between our two nations, our militaries, and our people will remain critical now and in the years ahead. We are living in a time of great socioeconomic, political, and military change, and as the collaboration between our two countries evolves to keep pace within this new strategic era, the United States’ commitment to working with India will only grow. Indeed, i am confident that now more than ever, the strategic handshake between the United States and India will continue to benefit each of our nations, the Asia-Pacific, and the world. The grasp of two hands is firm.

DISCLAIMER : Views expressed above are the author's own.

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...ce-tech-transfers-and-maritime-collaboration/

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Let's brief current superpowers.
USA
EU
Russia
China
Russia and China made SCO and US-EU made NATO, creating two poles.
India will reach at level of these countries in 2025-30.
Which club we must join then? What do you think?
We must make coalition with NATO or
We must join SCO or we must nulify SCO by strengthening RIC(Russia China India) alliance?
India is an acceding member of the SCO and apparently will become a full member this year.
:hmm:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India is an acceding member of the SCO and apparently will become a full member this year.
US wants us to sign same pact as that of NATO allies. India could be their third non NATO key partner after Australia and Japan and most powerful ally. But I don't want India to join any camp.
Keep a balance and emerge for around 2030-35 when India will reach in same league as that of US, EU and China as a major force (Russia would have dropped).

And then, create problems for P5 Nations.
:devious:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
US wants us to sign same pact as that of NATO allies. India could be their third non NATO key partner after Australia and Japan and most powerful ally. But I don't want India to join any camp.
Keep a balance and emerge for around 2030-35 when India will reach in same league as that of US, EU and China as a major force (Russia would have dropped).

And then, create problems for P5 Nations.
:devious:
I'm not sure why India is joining SCO/SCO is taking in India. Doesn't make much overall sense, considering both Chn and pak are going to be there too.
Yes, it would be better if india doesn't "join" any camp.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles