India GCC Relations : News , Updates & Discussions.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It really does not seem like they did anything. They being former military officers were easy targets and naturally, someone (most likely some Pakistani mofo) spread the news that they were spying against the Qatari state. If this was espionage, it won't be happening so out in the open and there would have been a lot of back and forth behind that would have damaged the diplomatic relations between the two countries.

This seems more like someone used their background against them to accuse them of espionage. Many so-called Indian mullahs and Pakistanis living in the Middle East indulge in this sort of crap to gain brownie points. I have heard similar accusations against Indians in other Arab countries as well, but it's gone down.

TBH we need to start taking severe actions against Qatar for their brazen meddling and challenging us constantly over the last decade. They are doing this on the orders of the American neoliberal elite, but the government should not go light on them just because some Indians work there.

thebakofbakchod

Roshan

Country flag
8 ex-Indian Navy officers awarded death penalty in Qatar; ‘Deeply shocked’, says MEA

This whole case has seemingly been going under the radar considering it's gravity for well over a year now. Qatar are essentially arbitrarily handing out the Kulbushan treatment to 8 former Navy men

RocketMan

Country flag
Qatari morons are trying way too hard to simp for anti-india forces . Regarding indian response, expect something out of the box on this one .

DingDong

Country flag
Qatari morons are trying way too hard to simp for anti-india forces . Regarding indian response, expect something out of the box on this one .
These people were not spying for India, but for some another foreign government (Israel may be). Who knows when did they get compromised. This may be politically inconvenient for the time being, but the GoI must allow the inevitable to happen for the sake of larger interests. The issue will die down with the execution of the death sentence.

Azaad

Country flag
These people were not spying for India, but for some another foreign government (Israel may be). Who knows when did they get compromised. This may be politically inconvenient for the time being, but the GoI must allow the inevitable to happen for the sake of larger interests. The issue will die down with the execution of the death sentence.
An Omani who contracted these ex IN personnel ostensibly to train Qatari Naval personnel was arrested along with the Indians & then mysteriously deported / allowed to return to Oman . We really don't know what's happening there!

DingDong

Country flag
An Omani who contracted these ex IN personnel ostensibly to train Qatari Naval personnel was arrested along with the Indians & then mysteriously deported / allowed to return to Oman . We really don't know what's happening there!
No matter what, these people knew what they were getting into. May be the Omani guy was just an accessory. Israel may be a "friendly" country, however it is still a foreign country. What is at stake for us?

justaguy

Country flag
what evidences do they have, to prove that those officers were spying?

another_armchair

Country flag
Did the Omani contact their company when they were already in Qatar or were they in India and a team was put together and sent to Qatar for this 'training' on request?

DingDong

Country flag
what evidences do they have, to prove that those officers were spying?
We need to seek a legal remedy in a higher court of law of Qatar if at all we must save them. Any attempt to arm-twist them with a show of hard power might lead to expedited execution or death in custody. Diplomacy is the way to go forward.

another_armchair

Country flag
Italian marines arrested in the fishermen shooting case.

Kulbhushan Jadhav is abducted from Iran and is on death row.

ISI Col. Habib Zahir goes missing during a trip to Nepal and is never heard of again.

Latest - Ex IN officers end up on death row for spying in Qatar related to an Italian defence contract.

1698335154174.png

Azaad

Country flag
Did the Omani contact their company when they were already in Qatar or were they in India and a team was put together and sent to Qatar for this 'training' on request?
The report I read then didn't elaborate on any of the aspects you've raised. Look , I find it implausible that 8 IN mid ranking ex officers would all be collectively involved in spying for Israel or any other foreign entity. That's not how tradecraft operates from the very limited knowledge I've on it .

Such operations are extremely tight run affairs with very limited personnel involved in HUMINT activities. The co opting of 8 personnel into spying seems far too glaring & obvious for someone not to be suspicious enough to start probing their activities which is why I don't think the spying charge holds any water for they weren't into espionage to begin with .

They may well have been a smokescreen while the real suspects may have completed the mission & flown the coop. This may also well be a case of Qataris venting their frustration by picking soft targets to send out a message to the perpetrators. Not that it matters to the perpetrators . But a message is a message. After all the Qataris couldn't be seen as having done nothing in the matter once they detected espionage.

Azaad

Country flag
Indian journalist expelled from Qatar for reporting ex-Indian Navy Officer's case

I love this. AJ takes regular dumps on India all the time as they do with so many countries with Israel being one of them & whose patience finally snapped .

Me thinks Egypt dealt with the them the best - they simply threw a few of their reporters in prison charging them with treason (?) a charge which carried the death penalty only for both AJ & Qatar to issue constant appeals to the Egyptian government to release those journalists.

justaguy

Country flag
The report I read then didn't elaborate on any of the aspects you've raised. Look , I find it implausible that 8 IN mid ranking ex officers would all be collectively involved in spying for Israel or any other foreign entity. That's not how tradecraft operates from the very limited knowledge I've on it .

Such operations are extremely tight run affairs with very limited personnel involved in HUMINT activities. The co opting of 8 personnel into spying seems far too glaring & obvious for someone not to be suspicious enough to start probing their activities which is why I don't think the spying charge holds any water for they weren't into espionage to begin with .

They may well have been a smokescreen while the real suspects may have completed the mission & flown the coop. This may also well be a case of Qataris venting their frustration by picking soft targets to send out a message to the perpetrators. Not that it matters to the perpetrators . But a message is a message. After all the Qataris couldn't be seen as having done nothing in the matter once they detected espionage.
Where is it even said that there was espionage?

Crazywithmath

Country flag

Arrey, as I wrote in the Qatar thread - it is almost impossible to substantiate allegations of potential espionage activities in an international court (ICJ in this case). There are just too many loose ends...

If and when the GoI approaches the ICJ the proceedings will be delayed indefinitely (happened with Kulbhushan's case).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles