India to select one or more fighter aircraft to be built by private sector

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I never said Rafale didn't have CFTs, I only mentioned SH Advanced features CFTs along side more stealth optimization, stealth pods etc. Learn to read
Don't need to receive lessons from a guy like you !

Rafale is naturally more stealthier than SH. It's well known. Just see difference in size. Just see how the emports are outcanted on SH... not good for stealth and for aerodynamic.
Conformal tanks were fitted on Rafale before SH.
Indeed Rafale team take Silent Eagle and SH to develop stealthy containers.

smestarz

Country flag
You don't know what Dassault is studying.
See COnformal tanks : 1 week ago you don't know they exist on Rafale ! But they were developped 15 years ago ....
F-16 is using it operationally, The French are still not sure if they want or not, The french are advertising accessories they themselves find not useful

smestarz

Country flag
The matter is that seems Rafale will not be associate with india,
Nor the 36 (because of price dfiference) nor make in India, STILL THE PRICE DIFFERENCE AND ALSO TIME TO PRODUCE IT.
Rafale is OUT

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
F-16 is using it operationally, The French are still not sure if they want or not, The french are advertising accessories they themselves find not useful
Dassault has a main customer : french air force, but also others customers.... and they also have a marketing office.
I think at the beginning conformal tanks was a request of a potential customer who don't have tankers....

garg_bharat

Country flag
Give us exemples of that. Sources please.

But I'm not afraid, you don't have it !
Please check this:

http://www.livefistdefence.com/2015/03/rafale-vs-su-30mki-new-indian-dogfight.html

It is an interesting article, which shows that Minister perhaps asked IAF to compare the two.

The way things work in India is the forces give requirements but do not choose a product specifically. The IAF chief went on record on Rafale, which was beyond the protocol.

So likely Minister struck back. Rafale is stuck because of this reason also.

I believe that France made a fundamental mistake with Rafale. It should have concluded the deal with UPA which finalized the tender. Now that tender is scrapped. French effort has already gone down the drain.

shade

Country flag
frenchies shouldn't act so pricey.All Western nations have their own indigenous products while nearly all of the third world uses Russian planes.
They're not in the position to bargain.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I believe that Rafale is a good product, perhaps better than Su-30. However this difference is not large enough to merit a price significantly higher.

India has Su-30 factory. The spares are easily available. The local content in Su-30 is growing. These things are tough for Rafale to beat.

India has at least 215 Su-30 at the moment. At 18 fighter per squadron, that is 12 squadrons.

The "heavy" + "medium" fighter squadrons are unlikely to cross 20. With planned strength of 15 Su-30 squadrons, and talk of PAK-FA picking up, Rafale has lost its position.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think large part of IAF will remain single engine fighter. There will be a significant growth in single engine fighter inductions to replace obsolete inventory. It is just around the corner.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Please check this:

http://www.livefistdefence.com/2015/03/rafale-vs-su-30mki-new-indian-dogfight.html

It is an interesting article, which shows that Minister perhaps asked IAF to compare the two.

The way things work in India is the forces give requirements but do not choose a product specifically. The IAF chief went on record on Rafale, which was beyond the protocol.

So likely Minister struck back. Rafale is stuck because of this reason also.

I believe that France made a fundamental mistake with Rafale. It should have concluded the deal with UPA which finalized the tender. Now that tender is scrapped. French effort has already gone down the drain.
Thanks. I know this article.
Nothing to argue in the sens my old friend Smestarz say.
Absolutely no proof SU30 kick Rafale ass.

smestarz

Country flag
Give us exemples of that. Sources please.

But I'm not afraid, you don't have it !
There are many sources but then these are not links, but actual conversation with a pilot who was part of the exercises. Since you are on different forum you forgot what the guy Vstol had said...the actual words he used was that Su-30 MKI humped Rafafles.. and this was told to him by pilot who was part of the exercise. You can surely ask him and confirm it

smestarz

Country flag
I think large part of IAF will remain single engine fighter. There will be a significant growth in single engine fighter inductions to replace obsolete inventory. It is just around the corner.
Single engine planes have to be the backbone of any air force, because these are the planes that are flown often during peace time and their cost of operating and maintaining per hour is far more cheap and hence the budget is in control. The french air force budget is in control because theya re still flying Mirage 2000 which is single engine plane. Even rafales in adla are reportedly flying some 120 hrs a year (there was some report recently) and most training will on simulators. If India is going to have 270 Su-30 MKI we should in theory have at lest 300 Tejas of different Mks in air force so as to be more slim and effective. Each time a balloon flies, we cannot send a Flanker to take it down

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
There are many sources but then these are not links, but actual conversation with a pilot who was part of the exercises. Since you are on different forum you forgot what the guy Vstol had said...the actual words he used was that Su-30 MKI humped Rafafles.. and this was told to him by pilot who was part of the exercise. You can surely ask him and confirm it
With you there is always many sources. But you never give a sole one !
The truth is you don't like Rafale, and it's you right, but you don't have strong argument, so you lie.

VSTOL? yes I know him (thru forum). He was a Harrier pilot, retired now. I think he never pilot a SU30, and never train against Rafale.

smestarz

Country flag
With you there is always many sources. But you never give a sole one !
The truth is you don't like Rafale, and it's you right, but you don't have strong argument, so you lie.

VSTOL? yes I know him (thru forum). He was a Harrier pilot, retired now. I think he never pilot a SU30, and never train against Rafale.
I really think that you are ignorant and your lack of understanding of english puts you in.
Vstol is retired navy pilot, but he spoke to someone who flew the Su-30 MKI against the Rafales in the exercise and the information was given to him.. So this is first hand info from the pilot to Vstol, This particular quote should be in MMRCA thread... search it yourself and read it first hand

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
This particular quote should be in MMRCA thread... search it yourself and read it first hand
"Should be"... But it's not !
I'm on another forum with Vstol until one year. No such news.

If Vstol is one of your friend, ask him this famous news.

Good luke Kid !

Tactical Frog

Country flag
India mulling manufacture of 2nd line of fighter planes: Raha

India is considering manufacturing indigenously a second line of fighter aircraft and a decision on the issue will be taken within a year, Indian Air Force (IAF) Chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said on Friday.

Asked about the depleting squadron-strength in the IAF, he said there were aircraft that will soon become obsolete, and while the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas and under-process Rafale deal will help fill some of the gap, India still needs one more line of fighter planes, which will be made in India.

"Within a year, some decision will be taken on what will be the second line of the fighter aircraft," the air chief said.

"One more line of fighter aircraft is likely to be made in India," Raha said.

The IAF chief said he expected the deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets with France to be concluded soon.

Rafale is a multi-role twin-engine aircraft designed and built by Dassault Aviation of France.

India's squadron-strength is down, with reports suggesting that only 32 squadrons are operational at present, compared with the ideal number of 42 squadrons.

Raha was visiting the frontline Jamnagar airbase to attend a ceremony where President Pranab Mukherjee presented the President's Standard to 119 Helicopter Unit and President's Colours to 28 Equipment Depot of the IAF.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-fighter-planes-iaf-chief-116030400597_1.html

smestarz

Country flag
"Should be"... But it's not !
I'm on another forum with Vstol until one year. No such news.

If Vstol is one of your friend, ask him this famous news.

Good luke Kid !
Thats very natural for you .. you do selective reading, the news where its bad, you dont want to believe it because its not official and french, But any news that promots rafale from any source is good.. so, that might really possible that you did not read it..thats due to lack of brain.. good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Thats very natural for you.. you do selective reading, the news where its bad, you dont want to believe it because its not official and french, But any news that promots rafale from any source is good.. so, that might really possible that you did not read it..thats due to lack of brain.. good luck,
Smestarz, stop describing your behaviour, that hurts !

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles