India to select one or more fighter aircraft to be built by private sector

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Thats very natural for you sperm.. you do selective reading, the news where its bad, you dont want to believe it because its not official and french, But any news that promots rafale from any source is good.. so, that might really possible that you did not read it..thats due to lack of brain.. good luck,
Why? Because I doubt about some news in Indian tabloïds you rely on?

smestarz

Country flag
Why? Because I doubt about some news in Indian tabloïds you rely on?
We dont rely on tabloids unlike you ...
By the way, a few months back when Paris was attacked by IS, Your people had warned of so many things abt vengence against IS... Seems the Russians are more effective than French. You people acted a few days, and since no one was really paying any attention your defence minister realised that maybe we do not have budget to fund a fight in syria ... French vengence on IS.. few plane strikes and then all the french went for dinner..

smestarz

Country flag
India mulling manufacture of 2nd line of fighter planes: Raha

India is considering manufacturing indigenously a second line of fighter aircraft and a decision on the issue will be taken within a year, Indian Air Force (IAF) Chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said on Friday.

Asked about the depleting squadron-strength in the IAF, he said there were aircraft that will soon become obsolete, and while the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas and under-process Rafale deal will help fill some of the gap, India still needs one more line of fighter planes, which will be made in India.

"Within a year, some decision will be taken on what will be the second line of the fighter aircraft," the air chief said.

"One more line of fighter aircraft is likely to be made in India," Raha said.

The IAF chief said he expected the deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets with France to be concluded soon.

Rafale is a multi-role twin-engine aircraft designed and built by Dassault Aviation of France.

India's squadron-strength is down, with reports suggesting that only 32 squadrons are operational at present, compared with the ideal number of 42 squadrons.

Raha was visiting the frontline Jamnagar airbase to attend a ceremony where President Pranab Mukherjee presented the President's Standard to 119 Helicopter Unit and President's Colours to 28 Equipment Depot of the IAF.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-fighter-planes-iaf-chief-116030400597_1.html
Two different points dear, 36 Rafales to bridge the gap of less planes and 2nd line of Make in india which unfortunately would not be Rafale.. As I said, the French only understand partially, they dont really understand what the news is
He did not say the 2nd line will be Ra .... hahaaha Failure again

smestarz

Country flag
With you there is always many sources. But you never give a sole one !
The truth is you don't like Rafale, and it's you right, but you don't have strong argument, so you lie.

VSTOL? yes I know him (thru forum). He was a Harrier pilot, retired now. I think he never pilot a SU30, and never train against Rafale.
As you are aware that website is offline, and that why all the crap from there is on DFI to spoil here.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Two different points dear, 36 Rafales to bridge the gap of less planes and 2nd line of Make in india which unfortunately would not be Rafale.. As I said, the French only understand partially, they dont really understand what the news is
He did not say the 2nd line will be Ra .... hahaaha Failure again
If Rafale deal gets through : both IAF and Indian Navy will lobby for extra Rafales. It is called " commonality". You can' t go against that logic. Another way of putting things would be to say : the cuckoo is in the nest.

Sam Biswas

Get rid of Rafale and Welcome Super Hornet

Indian MOD and M Parrikar are slowly beginning to understand that Rafale is not a viable fighter jet for IAF. It could be good for small countries like Egypt and UAE but not for one of the largest Air Forces e.g. IAF. Boeing F/A-18 is the way to go. It can be outfitted to IAF's complex requirements and made in India. Boeing is desperately looking for a large defense contract and India is looking for defense partner with a wide band width. Thus, it is a match made in heaven!

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Indian MOD and M Parrikar are slowly beginning to understand that Rafale is not a viable fighter jet for IAF. It could be good for small countries like Egypt and UAE but not for one of the largest Air Forces e.g. IAF. Boeing F/A-18 is the way to go. It can be outfitted to IAF's complex requirements and made in India. Boeing is desperately looking for a large defense contract and India is looking for defense partner with a wide band width. Thus, it is a match made in heaven!
The Egyptians will appreciate being categorized as a small country ;-) their air force is very large, too. About Boeing , yes, they are a bit desperate at the moment with losing bids after bids against Saab, Eurofighter, and Dassault.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well finally some clarity. My take is best possibility is Gripen. I give Gripen 80% probability.

Gripen is similar to Mig-21 sizewise, so fits into hundreds of aircraft shelters vacated by Mig-21.

It is simple to maintain, and requires less infrastructure.

A large deal will surely reduce Gripen's price.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
We dont rely on tabloids unlike you ...
By the way, a few months back when Paris was attacked by IS, Your people had warned of so many things abt vengence against IS... Seems the Russians are more effective than French. You people acted a few days, and since no one was really paying any attention your defence minister realised that maybe we do not have budget to fund a fight in syria ... French vengence on IS.. few plane strikes and then all the french went for dinner..
Tss tss tss.... our carrier were in zone until the next days. Now it is going near Lybia.

Change of tabloid please. It will be easier than to change of brain as you are unable to make a difference between BS and real interesting news.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

F15 may be, but SH18 no. Rafale play with it during trial, and everybody knows that.
Only one Customer, a strong ally, take it. It's anemic in flight. And too heavy.

Bahamut

SH is a super no for IAF ,IAF will sallow its pride and take Gripen .My choice is Mig 35

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Well finally some clarity. My take is best possibility is Gripen. I give Gripen 80% probability.

Gripen is similar to Mig-21 sizewise, so fits into hundreds of aircraft shelters vacated by Mig-21.

It is simple to maintain, and requires less infrastructure.

A large deal will surely reduce Gripen's price.
Not a bad choice. But doesn't it too similar with Tejas? Not a good publicity for indian made Tejas....

Tejas = light and cheap. mainly point defense et light support.
MMRCA = medium, polyvalent. need to be able to make AtoA and AtoG.
SU30 = heavy, air superiority and some strike.

Sam Biswas

The Egyptians will appreciate being categorized as a small country ;-) their air force is very large, too. About Boeing , yes, they are a bit desperate at the moment with losing bids after bids against Saab, Eurofighter, and Dassault.
\\

Yes, I have been to Egypt. Egypt is a very small country very poor country compared to India. There is no comparison. They bought 24 Rafale by generous loans from French banks and a big gift from the Saudi King. Even then they made a mistake. They should have gone for Su30 or F-16 or F18. And I do believe a properly outfitted F/A-18 SH will be just right for India; one fighter for IAF and Navy. I do not believe you will be able to sale Rafale to Modi-Parrikar combo. You missed your chance with Sonia. You should have swallowed your French pride, twist the price and signed the deal with India for 126 jets. It will cost Dussault big and I predict that it will be bankrupt in about five years. Even with Egypt and UAE orders. If India doesn't buy 36 jets, NO country in the world will touch Rafale. You simply don't know how to sell. Hire some Gujrati MBAs from IIM.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
\\

Yes, I have been to Egypt. Egypt is a very small country very poor country compared to India. There is no comparison. They bought 24 Rafale by generous loans from French banks and a big gift from the Saudi King. Even then they made a mistake. They should have gone for Su30 or F-16 or F18. And I do believe a properly outfitted F/A-18 SH will be just right for India; one fighter for IAF and Navy. I do not believe you will be able to sale Rafale to Modi-Parrikar combo. You missed your chance with Sonia. You should have swallowed your French pride, twist the price and signed the deal with India for 126 jets. It will cost Dussault big and I predict that it will be bankrupt in about five years. Even with Egypt and UAE orders. If India doesn't buy 36 jets, NO country in the world will touch Rafale. You simply don't know how to sell. Hire some Gujrati MBAs from IIM.
You are an hopeless cause .. just for your information , Dassault sells lot of Falcon Jets each year, without help of your Gujrati MBAs. Mukesh Ambani has one ;)

Tactical Frog

Country flag

garg_bharat

Country flag
Not a bad choice. But doesn't it too similar with Tejas? Not a good publicity for indian made Tejas....

Tejas = light and cheap. mainly point defense et light support.
MMRCA = medium, polyvalent. need to be able to make AtoA and AtoG.
SU30 = heavy, air superiority and some strike.
MMRCA is dead.
LCA Tejas will be bought but its role is limited. Search and read my posts from 2014 on this message board. It requires more time to mature.
Su-30 will remain IAF's frontline fighter. Do not forget Mirage2000 and Mig29 upgrades. These deep upgrades bring these planes to capabilities similar to latest F16 at least.

garg_bharat

Country flag
LCA Tejas issues will take some time to solve. The primary issues are that domestic industry needs to come up in radar, air to air missiles etc. The import of Israeli tech is stop-gap. Insufficient progress on Kaveri is also a roadblock. LCA Tejas is far from its concept, that is, an Indian fighter with local technical knowhow.

I think GOI has been able to hammer out a compromise between IAF and producing agencies, which has cleared a roadmap for Tejas production.

Hamza Baloch

MMRCA is dead.
LCA Tejas will be bought but its role is limited. Search and read my posts from 2014 on this message board. It requires more time to mature.
Su-30 will remain IAF's frontline fighter. Do not forget Mirage2000 and Mig29 upgrades. These deep upgrades bring these planes to capabilities similar to latest F16 at least.
Mirage 2000 and Mig29 come no where close to the F-16 even with the latest upgrades.

PaliwalWarrior

There are many sources but then these are not links, but actual conversation with a pilot who was part of the exercises. Since you are on different forum you forgot what the guy Vstol had said...the actual words he used was that Su-30 MKI humped Rafafles.. and this was told to him by pilot who was part of the exercise. You can surely ask him and confirm it
Binpln is and was a part / member at that forum

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles