India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enquirer

Drones were shot in Rajasthan while the aerial dogfight took place over JnK.

Its foolish to equip your fighters with BVRs when the civilian airspace hasn't been shut.

View attachment 33066
It's foolish to think that fighter jets were sent on an interception mission (or for that matter even CAP) without BVR missiles!

Conversation is veering into illogical territory!

Enquirer

Guys I have question and pardon my understanding of the avionics, now assuming R73 was launched as per the confirmed reports. Where exactly is the weapon? Even fired or not the weapon should be in pakistani territory..
While looking at the pics of mig I can't spot the AAM which means it was fired(confirming the statement by IAF that Abhinandan has locked the target)
If it is locked and fired ( also explains why Abhinandan took a great risk because he was sure of the hit) then it all adds up that we hit a jackpot

Making the things murky is the ghafoor and IK statement that they have 2 piolets in custody and one of them is injured

Thirdly we hit two drones, did Pakistan confirmed that. As far as I know it hasn't correct me if I am wrong

I don't have much better explanation but everything adds up that we have hit F16

Also Pakistan cannot afford to accept casualty because if it did then it means that Pakistan has lost militarily against india which Pakistan cannot digest.. They cannot afford to lose diplomatically and militarily

Even the modest voice there claim that kargil was a military victory and diplomatic failure
Pakistan always has a scapegoat ready and it is never military
R-73 will mostly be on the farthest pylon. When the Mig-21 crashed, the missile most likely came loose from the pylon (the unfired one that is....) due to the impact.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
It's foolish to think that fighter jets were sent on an interception mission (or for that matter even CAP) without BVR missiles!

They probably Had BVR's , but did not have the go-ahead to engage. They only engaged when the F-16's first fired the missile's and then ran like hell. Until then they would have been tasked to intercept the bogey's and warn them away. By the time Sukhoi's avoided the Missiles, I assume the Migs and the Falcon was already in a dogfight.

Akshay_Fenix

:doh: Arey Why would you fire BVR missiles which has a range of over 120kms when your own civilian airliners are in the air (Indigo during that time).

What kind of dumb air force would want to kill his own people.

Enquirer

:doh: Arey Why would you fire BVR missiles which has a range of over 120kms when your own civilian airliners are in the air (Indigo during that time).

What kind of dumb air force would want to kill his own people.
Buddy! The whole engagement happened along the LOC. Indigo doesn't have a fetish to hug LOC while it flies!
4-5 missiles were fired at Indian jets (not to mention the bombs dropped on the Brigade HQ), and there was really a luke warm retaliation.

Enquirer

They probably Had BVR's , but did not have the go-ahead to engage. They only engaged when the F-16's first fired the missile's and then ran like hell. Until then they would have been tasked to intercept the bogey's and warn them away. By the time Sukhoi's avoided the Missiles, I assume the Migs and the Falcon was already in a dogfight.
That's my point....about not having the go-ahead.......too much restraint!!!

After having bombed Balakot, IAF was obviously expecting a retaliation. And PAF wouldn't be coming into India airspace without some mischief in their minds. So, not attacking the jets that violated Indian airspace, and worse dropped bombs on military HQ, and even worse were attacking IAF directly is very quaint!!

Akshay_Fenix

Buddy! The whole engagement happened along the LOC. Indigo doesn't have a fetish to hug LOC while it flies!
4-5 missiles were fired at Indian jets (not to mention the bombs dropped on the Brigade HQ), and there was really a luke warm retaliation.
upload_2019-3-6_17-23-51.png

They entered from Poonch which is less than 100 kms from Srinagar airport.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Got $100 Billion to spare ?

Then upgrade the army, navy and airforce. Reinforce the China specific strike corps that is still struggling to find its feet. Thats what you need. Pak army got CPEC with a clear objective of involving China in PoK.

Unless India finds a way to placate the dragon, it is going to be a two front war should India move on PoK
If India enters into an agreement with China & assures China of same rights on CPEC as were given by Pakistan & assures protection, China should not have any problems with India getting back POK. China would be happy that the stretch of road passing through greater India is safe than it was in POK. Plus if China help India, it can open new chapter of friendship with China.

Enquirer

View attachment 33068

They entered from Poonch which is less than 100 kms from Srinagar airport.
This is becoming really a meaningless conversation!
Indian jets would obviously not fire missiles from Srinagar airport!
Also, as I said earlier it's foolish to think that BVR missiles are not loaded on the pylons - ready for interception at any given time.

I asked a rhetoric question, and I am getting a lot of not very sensible responses.

Akshay_Fenix

This is becoming really a meaningless conversation!
Indian jets would obviously not fire missiles from Srinagar airport!
Also, as I said earlier it's foolish to think that BVR missiles are not loaded on the pylons - ready for interception at any given time.

I asked a rhetoric question, and I am getting a lot of not very sensible responses.
Agreed, lets end it here. You are going off on a tangent after every post and nothings going in your head it seems.

You say indigo planes dont touch close to LOC, while I posted a pic stating the entry point of Paki jets were from Poonch which is less than 100 kms from Srinagar airport. You do get it that planes land and take off from airports. Minimum range of AMRAAM C missiles is more than 120kms which is what pakis used, by the time Indian Jets intercepted they were already 10kms within Indian Airspace. Distance from Poonch to Srinagar is 70kms.

Again, lets leave it i m wasting my time here.

Akshay_Fenix

If India enters into an agreement with China & assures China of same rights on CPEC as were given by Pakistan & assures protection, China should not have any problems with India getting back POK. China would be happy that the stretch of road passing through greater India is safe than it was in POK. Plus if China help India, it can open new chapter of friendship with China.
With POK under India, India will have access to entire central Asia. China already has access to central Asia so why would it allow a competitor. The status quo right now works in China's favor.

SanjeevM

Country flag
With POK under India, India will have access to entire central Asia. China already has access to central Asia so why would it allow a competitor. The status quo right now works in China's favor.
My response was to the point where someone said if we take control of POK, there will be a 2 front war. China will also pitch in as planned by Pakistan to get China involved due to investments in CPEC.

Enquirer

Agreed, lets end it here. You are going off on a tangent after every post and nothings going in your head it seems.

You say indigo planes dont touch close to LOC, while I posted a pic stating the entry point of Paki jets were from Poonch which is less than 100 kms from Srinagar airport. You do get it that planes land and take off from airports. Minimum range of AMRAAM C missiles is more than 120kms which is what pakis used, by the time Indian Jets intercepted they were already 10kms within Indian Airspace. Distance from Poonch to Srinagar is 70kms.

Again, lets leave it i m wasting my time here.
Why didn't you end your BS after saying 'lets end it here'?

You really think that fighter jets fire missiles with a blindfold on them?? They know exactly what jets are around them (civilian or military) - they try to avoid all friendly ones!

Also, if the enemy is firing BVR missiles (at civilian or military) aircraft, it is ALL THE MORE REASON that Indian aircraft take the rogue enemy fighter down immediately - with a WVR or BVR missile, whichever works!!

This bull shit that Indian jets would just let Paki jets bomb the shit out of all planes (military & civilian) and not engage them with BVR missiles is stupidity beyond measurement!

The initial question was on the TOTAL NUMBER of missiles, not just BVR/WVR.

NairBrigade

Country flag
Reflecting on the events of the past few weeks, I think GoI has been successful in making room for ourself to punish pakis conventionally in response to their sub conventional terrorist attacks. Previous governments were paralyzed by the thought of a nuclear response to a conventional attack. Now that myth has been permanently dispelled. Now pakis and the world know that India will hit back for every terrorist attack and it doesn’t give a damn about nuclear threats. Now it is clear that GoI is happy to escalate all the way if need be, if the pakis respond conventionally.

The onus is now on Pakis and the rest of the world to ensure no terror attacks happen from Pakistan or else be ready to face the consequences. It is no longer India’s responsibility to simply absorb the attacks and not respond for the sake of “world peace”. In my book that is a big win. Strategic paralysis that we have suffered for decades cannot be wiped away in one sweep but we have taken a significant step in that direction.
I hope India re-elects BJP so we continue to progress with the same momentum on all fronts.

Enquirer

Reflecting on the events of the past few weeks, I think GoI has been successful in making room for ourself to punish pakis conventionally in response to their sub conventional terrorist attacks. Previous governments were paralyzed by the thought of a nuclear response to a conventional attack. Now that myth has been permanently dispelled. Now pakis and the world know that India will hit back for every terrorist attack and it doesn’t give a damn about nuclear threats. Now it is clear that GoI is happy to escalate all the way if need be, if the pakis respond conventionally.

The onus is now on Pakis and the rest of the world to ensure no terror attacks happen from Pakistan or else be ready to face the consequences. It is no longer India’s responsibility to simply absorb the attacks and not respond for the sake of “world peace”. In my book that is a big win. Strategic paralysis that we have suffered for decades cannot be wiped away in one sweep but we have taken a significant step in that direction.
I hope India re-elects BJP so we continue to progress with the same momentum on all fronts.
The key is to decisively prove to Pakis that it's not a one-off but India is willing to maintain a sustained effort to hurt Pakis as long as they harbor the means to hurt India

Jaymax61

I can only smile at this level of optimism... Salute !!!

Indrajit

Country flag
That's my point....about not having the go-ahead.......too much restraint!!!

After having bombed Balakot, IAF was obviously expecting a retaliation. And PAF wouldn't be coming into India airspace without some mischief in their minds. So, not attacking the jets that violated Indian airspace, and worse dropped bombs on military HQ, and even worse were attacking IAF directly is very quaint!!
I have read reports that while the IAF expected retaliation, they did not expect it so soon . In any case, I have a question connected to yours which is that IAF pilots would not have got a ground report on bomb damage caused by the Pakistanis. They would have known that some attack has happened and that the Pakistanis have also fired at least a few BVR missiles at them, yet the only jet to fire any missile was that of Wng.Cmr.Abhinandan. What gives?

Enquirer

I have read reports that while the IAF expected retaliation, they did not expect it so soon . In any case, I have a question connected to yours which is that IAF pilots would not have got a ground report on bomb damage caused by the Pakistanis. They would have known that some attack has happened and that the Pakistanis have also fired at least a few BVR missiles at them, yet the only jet to fire any missile was that of Wng.Cmr.Abhinandan. What gives?
Yep! What gives??
Also, IAF pilots knew immediately that the Paki jets were attacking the Brigade HQ. One of the Su-30MKI started circling the HQ to thwart further attack. It is said that the quick response is the reason why Pakis couldn't target the bombs correctly (and much damage was prevented).
But yes, why didn't other jets fire at the Pakis?? WHY?? WHY?? Tired of this restraint!!!

If Abhinandan 'violated' any standing orders and took a shot at F16 then big KUDOS to him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles