India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit

Country flag
Bullshit assessment! India has more than 10 days of war wastage reserves of ammo available. We can also buy whatever needed urgently from Russia, Israel, France, South Africa for a war as and when needed.

Rafales are to arrive in India in September 2019. You can thank piddi brigade for trying extremely hard to derail the deal. CAG report and IAF testifying in Supreme Court has made this next to impossible.

"One can blame the UPA government wasting 10 years but this government too, for all its talk hasn’t done anything substantial. "

:pound::pound::pound:

Only a Congi writes bullshit like this trying to support UPA's indecision. Seeing lots of nonsense like this now. URI, BALAKOT maybe next KARACHI! We went and called Pakistan's nuclear bluff and took down their F 16.
We lost a MiG 21 sure but we got our boy back in record time! Even in Kargil we did not do any deep strikes!

GSP brings us like 190 - 250 mn$ every year. Trade between India and US is 90% taxed so remaining 5.6 bn$ will not affect us much. Trump is trying to use this to act tough on India while negotiating with China. He is also trying to tone down us after airstrikes. We went ahead and broke their monopoly of Amazon on e - commerce with new regulations.

:india:
You are free to disagree, I didn’t make my worry about some of the procurement known only now, it predates before Pulwama too. I think that Modi showed resolve and I only wished his government had done more to prepare for this eventuality.

Your name calling doesn’t interest me, labels don’t bother me.

As for trade, you made the assumption about GSP, I wasn’t referring to that except as in reference to the use of F16 by Pakistan and US law etc which I find silly.

India has a $26 billion trade surplus with the US and while oil supplies are one way of balancing it out, arm supplies are another. In any case, it doesn’t matter because the capital outlay for purchases is very limited and we can’t buy a lot of anything, whether from the US or anywhere else.

It is not about a full scale war, there is no doubt that we will prevail there. It is about a situation short of it. As I said, had we bought around 500 pieces of heavy artillery and positioned on the LC, the Pakistanis would have been facing an a$$ kicking much worse then they are now.

Unfortunately, the forces have, as of now, the same equipment that they had during the UPA years. Granted that many of these are multi year purchases and show up after a duration but if you believed that the previous 10 years were lost, then you should have made up with more urgency. That hasn’t happened. Mr. Modi has plenty of guts as is clearly evident, the forces have unfortunately to do with the same. That I think and I don’t think you would disagree, is a shame

Last edited:

ashdoc

Country flag
Modi had plenty of warning about the impending attack in Kashmir . Uri attack meant that Pakistan would surely try something worse later . But after surgical strike Modi wasted his time in demonetisation that just made his own Hindu supporters suffer---gujarati traders , Marwadi merchants , Sindhi businessmen . Later he made life harsh for farmers by trying to bring cashless economy .

Instead he should have heeded the warning from Uri and concentrated on purchasing defence equipment . But he was more interested in his war on black money .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bullshit assessment! India has more than 10 days of war wastage reserves of ammo available. We can also buy whatever needed urgently from Russia, Israel, France, South Africa for a war as and when needed.

Rafales are to arrive in India in September 2019. You can thank piddi brigade for trying extremely hard to derail the deal. CAG report and IAF testifying in Supreme Court has made this next to impossible.

"One can blame the UPA government wasting 10 years but this government too, for all its talk hasn’t done anything substantial. "

:pound::pound::pound:

Only a Congi writes bullshit like this trying to support UPA's indecision. Seeing lots of nonsense like this now. URI, BALAKOT maybe next KARACHI! We went and called Pakistan's nuclear bluff and took down their F 16.
We lost a MiG 21 sure but we got our boy back in record time! Even in Kargil we did not do any deep strikes!

GSP brings us like 190 - 250 mn$ every year. Trade between India and US is 90% taxed so remaining 5.6 bn$ will not affect us much. Trump is trying to use this to act tough on India while negotiating with China. He is also trying to tone down us after airstrikes. We went ahead and broke their monopoly of Amazon on e - commerce with new regulations.

:india:
How true is this part though?

"Nothing prevented the PM from getting a squadron or two of Rafales directly from the French airforce inventory as the IAF had suggested.
Nothing prevented this government from buying heavy artillery in numbers, 500 would have done which could have been bought within the country.
"

Wisemarko

Country flag
If we dont want to fight a war against pakistan and only want one country India to participate in this pressure against the terror nation then your plan is OK.

And this is not entertainment Im talking about. This is about exposing the terror nation. What they did to us and what we did against the terrorists.

The world should doubtfully see anyone from pakistan as a threat to national security. Then only the paks will be isolated.
They dont need our love. They dont care about our cooperation as long as there is other countries who still welcome them.
There always be some county that will support Pakistan- it was USA in the past and now it’s China.. no one can completely isolate anyone. Even USA can not isolate Iran or Korea. So stop worrying what other nations do or not do. Just do what’s right for India.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Who is this gerry doyle guy?
Someone who couldn't use his internet connection to google-up functioning of the Spice variant we used.

If someone too dumb to comprehend, that Porkis can simply blow up some explosives in a forest to show them as Indian bombing sites & instead of taking them to the site zero (completely sealed off for obvious reasons), then that person need not be taken seriously.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy

"Nothing prevented the PM from getting a squadron or two of Rafales directly from the French airforce inventory as the IAF had suggested.
Nothing prevented this government from buying heavy artillery in numbers, 500 would have done which could have been bought within the country.
"
Oh dear!!

Do people seriously think one can buy Rafale's like they would go to a car show room and buy cars?

I am astounded that "experts" would even spew this nonsense.
More astounding is people debating this incredible nonsense.

Yeah - come to my store and buy Rafale's.
10% discount if you buy 10.
For every 20 Rafale's you get 1 Rafale free.
And I shit gold....

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Oh dear!!

Do people seriously think one can buy Rafale's like they would go to a car show room and buy cars?

And I shit gold....
No i meant did IAF actually suggest something like that? I thought it was something like Russia's Mig-29 offer...

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
A lot of the members here are claiming that we have the upper hand and I disagree.
Those porkies tried to bomb our army GHQ and fired multiple AMRAAMS on our guys and in return we have done nothing. For all I know this could have been a legit reasin for burning down Karachi.
Porkies are sh8t scared and they will try to avoid any kind of escalation. We missed a golden chance.

Enquirer

There will be a time to discuss actual tactics used in this situation, that time is not now. What we can be sure is that the attempt to try and do “war” ( I’m using it generally for any military engagement) on the cheap doesn’t work and will likely prove costlier in the long run. One can blame the UPA government wasting 10 years but this government too, for all its talk hasn’t done anything substantial. Nothing prevented the PM from getting a squadron or two of Rafales directly from the French airforce inventory as the IAF had suggested. Nothing prevented this government from buying heavy artillery in numbers, 500 would have done which could have been bought within the country. Imagine if we had that numbers raining hell on the LC right now...Blaming the previous government for its inaction can only take you so far, even when it is true because their failures is why you are in power.

"
Guys! Why would India spend BILLIONS of $$$ getting jets that are not tailored for its needs???
India had specific needs (including nuclear hardening etc) on the jets............

Indrajit

Country flag
Oh dear!!

And I shit gold....
This is funny rejoinder, another poster had written pre Pulwama something similar on purchase of heavy artillery. Amusement aside, this masks a serious problem. The IAF had indeed asked for a purchase of Rafales from the French Air Force to get some as soon as possible but it floundered because of pricing concerns for “used” aircraft.

If you remember how the Rafale deal happened, it was because this government wanted to get out of the MMRCA contract and yet not upset the French. The order for 36 was the result. Circumstances carried over from the previous government dictated that outcome. No other purchase that might be needed to deal with the Pakistanis if a situation occurred has gone through. Granted fighter jets are phenomenally expensive but the purchase of 500 or so artillery guns would have cost us between ₹5000 cr to ₹8000 cr. The government could have earned more with a single rupee tax on fuel.

Indrajit

Country flag
Guys! Why would India spend BILLIONS of $$$ getting jets that are not tailored for its needs???
India had specific needs (including nuclear hardening etc) on the jets............
It was an IAF suggestion that fell through on pricing concerns. As you know, even the early Sukhois were of a different configuration.

Enquirer

It was an IAF suggestion that fell through on pricing concerns. As you know, even the early Sukhois were of a different configuration.
But those early Sukhois were loaners, as soon as India specific Su-30MKI were manufactured, Russia took the old ones back and resold them (maybe to Algeria)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles