India S-400 Acquisition - News Updates and Discussions

pmaitra

Russian linking S 400 sale to FGFA to India. Its seems Russians have become Pakistan agent this is nothing but pure black mail. We should not buy anything from Russia like gandhiji asked people not to buy anything from British. They backstabbing us i never expected this. Govt must develope own missile defence system. Let private comapnies build anti aircraft missile. Know i am sure russian definetly sell SU 35 to Pakistan. Russian have become money minded people. They are not our friends they just interested in money.
I have been thinking the same thing. First Sputnik leaked the news about MiG-35 to Pakistan, then Russia officially retracted that, and now this S-400. I don't think it is linked to FGFA though. The Russian Federation is money minded since 1991. We should accept the fact that the Russian Federation is not the Soviet Union, and develop our indigenous capabilities.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I think we should develope our own ballistic missile defence system. If Russians behave like this there is no need to buy any defence equipements from Russian for ever. Lets rope in private companies like Tata, Mahindra, Larsen & turbo. Tata is making launchers for Akash missile, Barak 8 sam and Larsen & Turbo won Indian Army artillery contract.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
We seriously need to invest money on our indigenous BMD more than any project else. :sad:

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The Russians know very well how this system would be critical for India, particularly wrt to China; so obviously, they'll try to extract what they want to.

As for 5th gen planes, its not as if we have options save for Russia; same is the case with leasing of nuke subs. Due to the mistakes of our past governments, we are stuck with them for good or worse till our indigenous capabilities are sufficient for our needs - something that is not going to happen for the next couple of decades even by optimistic projections.

So lets wait and watch for Modi's trip and what comes out of it - though I am increasingly pessimistic.

Zebra

Country flag
Where is @pmaitra....!

He already pissed off for Russian ToT for BrahMos.

Now let's see what he says about Russian way of arm twisting tactics ----> "If India wants this, then must buy these and these also."

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Where is @pmaitra....!

He already pissed off for Russian ToT for BrahMos.

Now let's see what he says about Russian way of arm twisting tactics ----> "If India wants this, then must buy these and these also."
If the so called arm twisting is limited to PAK FA only, Russia is thoroughly justified given that it was India which not only showed willingness for FGFA derivarive of PAK FA, but almost comitted to it and now IAF is showing reluctance in that. Also, Russia is justifiably worried seeing how New Delhi is getting chummier with USA gradually.

Every nation will play its diplomatic games of power. S400 is a potential game changer, so if Russia is asking for something what should have been made ages ago, I don't find anything wrong in that. India needs PAK FA, if not FGFA.

Further, whenevr any anonymous source is quoted these days, I tend to wait for a longer period for confirmation of the same, given how many anonymous source these days are created on the toilet seat.

Last edited:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We need both and nobody is offering us anything better, so unless the Americans or the Europeans can come up with a VLRSAM+5th gen aircraft combo offer for us with the kind of guarantees we can get from the Russians I suggest we quit cribbing and grab the offer with both hands.

Country flag
This PAKFA will be another disaster the way most deals with Russia turn out.
What is to stop Russia from blackmailing India for spares in any deal?

gadeshi

You should stop to believe and repost fakes first :)
I could understand if Russians could induct PAK FA + Yak-130 combo deal, but PAK FA + S-400 - no, you should go to doctor with it :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Country flag
You should stop to believe and repost fakes first :)
I could understand if Russians could induct PAK FA + Yak-130 combo deal, but PAK FA + S-400 - no, you should go to doctor with it :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
Gaddeshi the agreement for pakfa was signed before s-400 was produced why is now part of pakfa deal?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The question remains do we have a comparable option available?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Absolutely none and Russians know it.
Exactly my point.
As of now all we can do is agree to the Russian deal .However we should not shy away from continuing development on our own systems for the future , only that can save us from such a quagmire again.

Country flag
Exactly my point.
As of now all we can do is agree to the Russian deal .However we should not shy away from continuing development on our own systems for the future , only that can save us from such a quagmire again.
No political will for indigenous production just reactionary politics.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I hope Manohar Parrikar will sort out this problem with Russians. He is the best Defence Minister in 60 years . Not unlike AK Antony he screwed up every defence deal. Thanks to Congress were in this position now.

Zebra

Country flag
The question remains do we have a comparable option available?
If some one thinks that India can't survive without Russian aircrafts then wait until Russian fifth generation aircraft get matured first, after it India can buy it.

What is the fun for spending Indian tax payers money for its development.....?

And F-35 could be the option. Who knows....!

Last edited:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
@Zebra -it's not just the aircraft it's also the SAM, as of now there is nothing in the entire western hemisphere that comes close to a S 400.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles