India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This time no politician had claimed credit for the ceasefire or announced the ceasefire.
The ceasefire was announced by DGMO.
This ceasefire was unique for the above reasons.
There are reasons why no politician claimed credit for the ceasefire.. Every peace initiative towards the Pakis by Modi government. has blew up on Modi's face.. why would he claim credit for it, if it's only a matter of time if the ceasefire blows up again..
Also, when a ceasefire at the loc sticks, or that Pakis are not providing cover fire for infiltrating terrorists, it means that the deal has been made way above the DGMOs pay grade..

ladder

Country flag
Ofcourse sir... but jamming EM signals is not such a hard thing. Not fool proof, but, it increases the costs for the attackers and the detection factor too because of the involved complexity.
And its not super costly either.
I am not countering you but telling the other side of the story.

Wide area em jamming if would block the mobile network also then good luck as,

1. Jammu airport has a civilian enclave
2. People and colonies nearby

Both of the above will approach court.

Knowitall

Some/most of our osint guys should start writing scripts for otts.
It is very plausible though.

Pakistan today has initiated a new form of warfare that has never been seen in the history of India. This is a new domain of warfare and a very serious escalation infact.

If these drones had come from their side of the border this is very much a act of war.

So i actually wont be surprised if they had gone through multiple discussions before giving the green light to this op.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
There are reasons why no politician claimed credit for the ceasefire.. Every peace initiative towards the Pakis by Modi government. has blew up on Modi's face.. why would he claim credit for it, if it's only a matter of time if the ceasefire blows up again..
Also, when a ceasefire at the loc sticks, or that Pakis are not providing cover fire for infiltrating terrorists, it means that the deal has been made way above the DGMOs pay grade..
Any ceasefire that holds has backing of Pak army.
Who is the Indian counterpart is immaterial.
Rest, one cannot say with confidence that such a ceasefire was burdened on a non willing Indian army.

sorcerer

Country flag
Edgy Pak relies on Taliban as anti-India element in Afghanistan

“Pakistan’s security establishment, fearful of strategic encirclement by India, apparently continues to view the Afghan Taliban as a relatively friendly and reliably anti-India element in Afghanistan”, it added.

“India’s diplomatic and commercial presence in Afghanistan—and US rhetorical support for it—exacerbates Pakistani fears of encirclement. India has been the largest regional contributor to Afghan reconstruction, but New Delhi has not shown an inclination to pursue a deeper defense relationship with Kabul,” the brief said.

Tuco

Country flag

Pakistan today has initiated a new form of warfare that has never been seem in the history of India. This is a new domain of warfare and a very serious escalation infact.

If these drones had come from their side of the border this is very much a act of war.

So i actually wont be surprised if they had gone through multiple discussions before giving the green light to this op.
Yes it might well have been, but names dates it just looks fantastically imaginative.

I will throw in my theory too. It may be some ciws vendor who have done it to force our hands. Lol

sorcerer

Country flag
Who will do it our government and forces are clueless
awww

"We have directed people to stop pigeon breeding activities around the Ambala Air force station as this poses a serious risk to aircraft. No one is allowed to keep and breed birds within 10 kilometres range of the base," Anil Rana, City Project Officer, Ambala Municipal Corporation said.
"Rafale is a very important plane, people should themselves heed the warning and detest from keeping birds. If they do not do so, necessary action will be taken," he added.

I think they have some clues as what to do.
Last time I read some place that these familes are relocated or something.
may be the gorment knows what to do

ladder

Country flag

Pakistan today has initiated a new form of warfare that has never been seem in the history of India. This is a new domain of warfare and a very serious escalation infact.

My views also. When others were discussing the Armenia and Azerbaijan war and implications of that kind of drone warfare in India Pakistan context.
I was more inclined towards the group that said Pakistan wouldn't do it to India.
But, they did and a new domain has been created.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Drone detecting radars are not that cost intensive. The threat has been flagged for quite a while now. But in India things moves only after serious incidents.

I read an article by AIM which is more mundane that Vivek Agnihotri’s tweets.

The drone built in China or Pakistan will obviously use their own softwares.

GPS jammer will effect our own equipments which we use in our installations.

Diffrent registered brands like DJI use their own softwares which enforce registration and pairing drone serial number.

They do have flight data saving provisions in the software but it is optional.

The registration can be made mandatory on some government ID and phone number including Live Photo capturing like many websites especially financial, trade etc., do.

I generally check on DJI maps Air Share app to make sure I am not flying in restricted or other probhited zones. They always encourage operators to pre inform the planned flight schedule. These all are again optional formalities but when flying in restricted zones they can prompt the operator to contact concerned authorities.

Example of one my correspondence with air share.
2A364DD5-271B-40F3-99D5-142B6E175111.jpeg

These optional formalities can be made compulsory for domestic users.

Also these software update their maps and have clearly GPS marked zones. Trying to fly in these zones the software can start giving warning or at times bring the craft down when it uses GPS signals.

There are certain flight profiles like flying below the trees of nearby buildings and these are called shielded operations. These are very discrete and safe operations. But any domestic operator can be traced with more advanced scrutiny of software, data, mobile signal triangulation, gps use in the area of concern like we do trace criminals.

With all above mambo jumbo excluding strategic and tactile response and deterrence. The problem can be cheaply solved by re designing cantonment perimeter by clearing vegetation and moving important buildings away from possible drone incursions.

Therefore only effective method is to see, detect and shoot.

sorcerer

Country flag
My views also. When others were discussing the Armenia and Azerbaijan war and implications of that kind of drone warfare in India Pakistan context.
I was more inclined towards the group that said Pakistan wouldn't do it to India.
But, they did and a new domain has been created.
They have hit the Saudi Oil facility.
So obviously India with other world nations needs to find a cure for this new islamic jihad menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New threads

Articles