India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
See what happened to f16.
A Israeli f 16 was shoot down in 2018
Its just one fighter jet that was shot down while conducting reconnaissance mission over the area were Iranian Drone was flying. The pilots failed conduct proper evasive maneuvers. This shoot down didn’t even deter Israel from further escalation it only had the opposite effect with Israel conducting even more additional strikes in the area and also against the Syrian Air Defenses who were responsible for the downing of there jet.

Brood Father

Country flag
Idiots are banking on Balakot strike failure because no one was killed and indian media claimed 300 killed. Yay let's enjoy and propagate that india failed miserably
Ok chootiyon let's assume that no one was killed but the crux is that india went inside 80 km of Pakistan , dropped munitions and came back unscathed , what does that tell you about pakistani air force and air defence..judge accordingly .

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Regarding Balakot's success or failure, depends on what was the actual objective :
1. Just kill a large number of terrorist
2. To show the world and Pakistan, India can go till any extent
3. Push the nuclear threshold further
4. Wanting to entice Pakistan to do something and cause some small conflict
5. Just public consumption as elections were near.
What actually was the objective is known to the armed forces and GOI.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
They were already defeated by then.
Half the country cut off.
Which is why 2 years later Bhutto was hanging, he was a scapegoat to calm the Paki masses.

What we saw was an "act of war", it could have escalated into a full scale war.
GoI didn't want any actual war, which is why during the Balakot strikes they were going on ad inifinitum WE ONLY HIT TERRORIST LAUNCHPADS, NOT ACTUAL PAKISTANI MILITARY FACILITIES continuously.
For all their threat of war, they might as well hang someone else, for their inability to wage a full scale war against India today. You, see where your logic is headed right ?

It is now being claimed by those valorizing Modi, that he has punctered the Pakistani threat of war / nuclear strike against any Indian conventional strike by retaliating after Uri and Pulwama. But, the same Modi is deterred by the Pakistani threat of war, when it comes to releasing proof ?
Modi is the best we have got in 20 years.. but, i feel even he is inhibited by sub par Indian military capabilities/training, or atleast subpar indian ISR capabilities. And just as we cannot openly criticize our farmers' sub optimal performance, we cannot openly criticize the performance of our soldiers/pilots, because .. hey .. its the country of "Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan"

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Someone once told me that if you violate a Paki's mother in front of him he will deny that she is his mother.
If thats the case, India should have no inhibition in releasing proof of Indian strikes, as Pakistan would anyway deny its losses..

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
That's too little of a success to discount all the failures, not to mention there's also the fact that the air force had to penetrate and position itself 80 kilometers into enemy territory in the first place to drop a bomb when most modern aircraft can hit them from 300 to even 400 kilometers today. Thankfully Brahmos is making great progress. I'm not denying the PAF's failures, I'm questioning the Air force's reliability in gaining air superiority without accruing too many casualties, which is very doubtful.
Spice2000 range is only 60km max. IAF package flew in to a point where they could stand-off deliver the package without any doubt. Why would you say the IAF failed in its air superiority when the mission was not about air superiority at all? The non-firing of crystal maze, Mi19 IFF failure, the lack of SDR radio are the 3 major deficiencies that day. Yes, these are basic and IAF should have been better but the DoD also takes blame for delayed procurement etc.

shade

Country flag
For all their threat of war, they might as well hang someone else, for their inability to wage a full scale war against India today. You, see where your logic is headed right ?

It is now being claimed by those valorizing Modi, that he has punctered the Pakistani threat of war / nuclear strike against any Indian conventional strike by retaliating after Uri and Pulwama. But, the same Modi is deterred by the Pakistani threat of war, when it comes to releasing proof ?
Modi is the best we have got in 20 years.. but, i feel even he is inhibited by sub par Indian military capabilities/training, or atleast subpar indian ISR capabilities. And just as we cannot openly criticize our farmers' sub optimal performance, we cannot openly criticize the performance of our soldiers/pilots, because .. hey .. its the country of "Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan"
It's more like there is a khauf of escalation, which means a conventional war, which means economy down.
If Pulwama hadn't happened close to elections, I doubt we would have seen Balakot.
Offensive actions even now seem to be "undersirable" and only done if necessary, otherwise risk to muh preicous economy, muh investments, and possible souring of public sentiment if the war drags on for too long.

Equipment issues are also there, IA, IAF seems very poorly equipped for two front war if it ever comes to that.

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bud, training alone isn't going to win you wars today. Ye ww2 ka zamanaa nahi hai. This is the age of real time communication and combined arms warfare with electronic and cyber warfare elements acting in a supporting capacity. And when it comes to ALL of these factors the Indian military has made little to no progress. Training doesn't count for jack shit if the enemy's ISR detects our forces while simultaneously their ground forces coordinate aerial support seamlessly. We have no absolutely no training for JTAC or even FAC for our soldiers, the closest we have to coordinating fire support is a goddamn forward observer and this is just ONE aspect of modern combat. So I can assure you we are leagues behind in modern warfare training and tactics.
Well reforms have been only started recently and that too were focused mainly on command and structure . Very soon training part will be also covered.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Bud, training alone isn't going to win you wars today. Ye ww2 ka zamanaa nahi hai. This is the age of real time communication and combined arms warfare with electronic and cyber warfare elements acting in a supporting capacity. And when it comes to ALL of these factors the Indian military has made little to no progress. Training doesn't count for jack shit if the enemy's ISR detects our forces while simultaneously their ground forces coordinate aerial support seamlessly. We have no absolutely no training for JTAC or even FAC for our soldiers, the closest we have to coordinating fire support is a goddamn forward observer and this is just ONE aspect of modern combat. So I can assure you we are leagues behind in modern warfare training and tactics.
I don't know much about this topic , so I won't have a conversation with you in this regard .

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's more like there is a khauf of escalation, which means a conventional war, which means economy down.
If Pulwama hadn't happened close to elections, I doubt we would have seen Balakot.
Offensive actions even now seem to be "undersirable" and only done if necessary, otherwise risk to muh preicous economy, muh investments, and possible souring of public sentiment if the war drags on for too long.

Equipment issues are also there, IA, IAF seems very poorly equipped for two front war if it ever comes to that.
Previous UPA era govt sucked whole defence budget for there personal benefits they used it as 'paisa banao scheme' with wide ranging participation of their friends and family members. As a result no modernisation happened plus many reforms are also pending in MOD especially in finance wing.

Brood Father

Country flag
That's too little of a success to discount all the failures, not to mention there's also the fact that the air force had to penetrate and position itself 80 kilometers into enemy territory in the first place to drop a bomb when most modern aircraft can hit them from 300 to even 400 kilometers today. Thankfully Brahmos is making great progress. I'm not denying the PAF's failures, I'm questioning the Air force's reliability in gaining air superiority without accruing too many casualties, which is very doubtful.
Considering current indian inventory physically bombing 80KM inside is a massive feat.
Going by trends India is slowly upping the ante by surgical strike and areal attack , next in line for sure is Brahmos attack.
Pakistani air force is a decent air force so in case of any eventuality there will be casualtie but we will get on top.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars in words of @Hellfire 300 Tress fall. Shut up and concertate on the current happenings. And I can say Shut Up Can't I. :troll:
I am very careful with my figures. :cool1:

And I do not doubt that figure is more or less accurate.

We had HUMINT on ground risking life to ensure we did a lot of environmental damage ... :(

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am very careful with my figures. :cool1:

And I do not doubt that figure is more or less accurate.

We had HUMINT on ground risking life to ensure we did a lot of environmental damage ... :(
So how much crows and trees uprooted on that day.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Considering current indian inventory physically bombing 80KM inside is a massive feat.
Going by trends India is slowly upping the ante by surgical strike and areal attack , next in line for sure is Brahmos attack.
Pakistani air force is a decent air force so in case of any eventuality there will be casualtie but we will get on top.
I think the jets ingressed 20- 40 kms or so and then deployed the spice munitions and glided to their pre-programmed targets while the aircraft flew back.all done in the interval of confusion and diversion created by other decoy aircarft.you cant deny that this is a masterful tactical operation.the only issue was that the crystal maze was not deployed.the bombs then flew for most of their range and ingressed deep and that is how we got the total range .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles