India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit

Country flag
it is actually oppwosite 2nd generation Indians like myself or even others of Indian ancestry are much more patriotic and nationalistic than new migrants.
I must admit I wasn’t aware that you were a second generation Indian. You sound like a pretty hard line nationalist here.🙂 I have to defer to your personal knowledge and experience but then again, I’m not sure how common is your type. Nor do I know if there are specific circumstances of yours and whether they lend themselves to similar outlook by others of the 2nd generation.

My observation is based both on anecdotal examples as well as a general understanding of human psychology. I would be more than happy to be wrong. More power to your type.

Last edited:
Country flag
I must admit I wasn’t aware that you were a second generation Indian. You sound like a pretty hard line nationalist here.🙂 I have to defer to your personal knowledge and experience but then again, I’m not sure how common is your type. Nor do I know if there are specific circumstances of yours and whether they lend themselves to similar outlook by others of the 2nd generation.

My observation is based both on anecdotal examples as well as a general understanding of human psychology. I would be more than happy to be wrong. More power to your type.
I would agree with you the big difference is in where the 2nd generation kids were raised . I was from
a small town in the Northeast near the canadian border and families tend to be closer in smaller towns??
Just my opinion but kids in bigger cities have lot more outside influences. Where I was from we only had 5 Indian families within a 300 mile radius and many of my Father's friends were in Canada and all our Indian
grocery shopping was in Canada this was in late 60's early 70's. I work to keep a connection to my roots
and my military background and interest in warfare has me devoting so much time to the site. My grown kids raised in cities and their friends connections are not so strong. IMO opinion Indian government
needs to reach out to the diaspora in another generation the diaspora will have no interest in their
ancestral ties.

Last edited:

Deadtrap

Country flag
Two different attacks by the Baloch today. Total 3 killed.

BLA claims responsibility for killing a Pakistan army personnel in Bolan attack

Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) sarmachars targeted a Pakistani army post at Safari in Sangan area of Bolan. The attack resulted in killing one of the troops on the spot and seriously damaging the post.

The BLA claims responsibility for this attack and pledges to continue attacking the enemy forces.

Jeeyand Baloch, spokesperson for the Baloch Liberation Army

Dated December 16, 2020

Second Attack

A4F7A59F-7DAF-4445-9C00-43B5C78524E5.jpeg

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I would agree with you the big difference is in where the 2nd generation kids were raised . I was from
a small town in the Northeast near the canadian border and families tend to be closer in smaller towns??
Just my opinion but kids in bigger cities have lot more outside influences. Where I was from we only had 5 Indian families within a 300 mile radius and many of my Father's friends were in Canada and all our Indian
grocery shopping was in Canada this was in late 60's early 70's. I work to keep a connection to my roots
and my military background and interest in warfare has me devoting so much time to the site. My grown kids raised in cities and their friends connections are not so strong. IMO opinion Indian government
needs to reach out to the diaspora in another generation the diaspora will have no interest in their
ancestral ties.
But thats generally true everywhere.. As generations progress and there is more mixing of populations, ties to ancestral homeland get weak over time, unless ofcourse one lives in a very closed community, which I think is rare in the US.. Even if people grow in ghettos, ties will still get diluted over time.. Like the german and scottish immigrants to America in 19th century...

Ayushraj

Country flag
Can anyone plzz explain why indian army doesn't use ucav for terrorist hidding in jungles etc. Ucav are proven in counter terrorism in fata Pakistan

FalconZero

Country flag
Can anyone plzz explain why indian army doesn't use ucav for terrorist hidding in jungles etc. Ucav are proven in counter terrorism in fata Pakistan
UCAV or UAV? The army does use UAV to monitor the areas but UCAV I don't know if we have any operational UCAVs let alone using it.
But there are plans for upgrading our current fleet of Heron drones as UCAV plus another deal of procurements of additional armed version of Heron.

Ayushraj

Country flag
UCAV or UAV? The army does use UAV to monitor the areas but UCAV I don't know if we have any operational UCAVs let alone using it.
Bro india can buy ucav from domestic or international market. Just like tb2 (a medium ucav) not like predator (which is in heavy category). Ucav like tb2 are cheaper and easy to use. They are highly effective since they have pin point accuracy and terrorist also doesn't have any air defense capability.

apoorv465

Country flag
Intolerable hatred

On December 14, General A.A.K. Niazi, Pakistan's military commander in East Pakistan, told the American consul-general in Dhaka that he was willing to surrender. The message was relayed to Washington, but it took the US 19 hours to relay it to New Delhi. Files suggest senior Indian diplomats suspected the delay was because Washington was possibly contemplating military action against India

Kissinger went so far as to call the crisis “our Rhineland” a reference to Hitler’s militarisation of German Rhineland at the outset of World War II. This kind of powerful imagery indicates how strongly Kissinger and Nixon came to see Indians as a threat.

An Indiana University study of the conflict says: “The violation of human rights on a massive scale—described in a March 30 US cable as “selective genocide”—and the complete disregard for democracy were irrelevant to Nixon and Kissinger. In fact, the non-democratic aspects of Pakistani dictator Yahya Khan’s behaviour seemed to be what impressed them the most. As evidence mounted of military atrocities in East Pakistan, Nixon and Kissinger remained unmoved. In a Senior Review Group meeting, Kissinger commented at news of significant casualties at a university that, ‘The British didn’t dominate 400 million Indians all those years by being gentle’.”

Nixon and Kissinger phoned Soviet President Leonid Brezhnev and asked for guarantees that India would not attack West Pakistan. “Nixon was ready to link the future summit in Moscow to Soviet behaviour on this issue," writes professor Vladislav M. Zubok in A Failed Empire. "The Soviets could not see why the White House supported Pakistan, who they believed had started the war against India. Brezhnev, puzzled at first, was soon enraged. In his narrow circle, he even suggested giving India the secret of the atomic bomb. His advisers did their best to kill this idea. Several years later, Brezhnev still reacted angrily and spoke spitefully about American behaviour."

Cold Warriors

Another telephone conversation between the scheming duo reveals a lot about the mindset of those at the highest echelons of American decision making:

Kissinger: And the point you made yesterday, we have to continue to squeeze the Indians even when this thing is settled.

Nixon: We've got to for rehabilitation. I mean, Jesus Christ, they've bombed—I want all the war damage; I want to help Pakistan on the war damage in Karachi and other areas, see?

Kissinger: Yeah

Nixon: I don't want the Indians to be happy. I want a public relations programme developed to piss on the Indians.

Kissinger: Yeah.

Nixon: I want to piss on them for their responsibility. Get a white paper out. Put down, White paper. White paper. Understand that?

Kissinger: Oh, yeah.

Nixon: I don't mean for just your reading. But a white paper on this.

Kissinger: No, no. I know.

Nixon: I want the Indians blamed for this, you know what I mean? We can't let these goddamn, sanctimonious Indians get away with this. They've pissed on us on Vietnam for 5 years, Henry.

Kissinger: Yeah.

Nixon: Aren't the Indians killing a lot of these people?

Kissinger: Well, we don't know the facts yet. But I'm sure they're not as stupid as the West Pakistanis—they don't let the press in. The idiot Paks have the press all over their place.

\###

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles