India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconZero

Country flag
UCAV or UAV? The army does use UAV to monitor the areas but UCAV I don't know if we have any operational UCAVs let alone using it.
But there are plans for upgrading our current fleet of Heron drones as UCAV plus another deal of procurements of additional armed version of Heron.
TBH proly have to check some reference related to cost of operating UCAV, we can't use it everywhere, many times terrorists are hiding in houses, calling drone strike even if we had the ability on our soil doesn't sound good, using them against terrorists crossing border maybe economically not that good idea.

Though in future we can have guns mounted on UAVs, monitoring the region but for now it's just dream.

Intolerable hatred

On December 14, General A.A.K. Niazi, Pakistan's military commander in East Pakistan, told the American consul-general in Dhaka that he was willing to surrender. The message was relayed to Washington, but it took the US 19 hours to relay it to New Delhi. Files suggest senior Indian diplomats suspected the delay was because Washington was possibly contemplating military action against India

Kissinger went so far as to call the crisis “our Rhineland” a reference to Hitler’s militarisation of German Rhineland at the outset of World War II. This kind of powerful imagery indicates how strongly Kissinger and Nixon came to see Indians as a threat.

An Indiana University study of the conflict says: “The violation of human rights on a massive scale—described in a March 30 US cable as “selective genocide”—and the complete disregard for democracy were irrelevant to Nixon and Kissinger. In fact, the non-democratic aspects of Pakistani dictator Yahya Khan’s behaviour seemed to be what impressed them the most. As evidence mounted of military atrocities in East Pakistan, Nixon and Kissinger remained unmoved. In a Senior Review Group meeting, Kissinger commented at news of significant casualties at a university that, ‘The British didn’t dominate 400 million Indians all those years by being gentle’.”

Nixon and Kissinger phoned Soviet President Leonid Brezhnev and asked for guarantees that India would not attack West Pakistan. “Nixon was ready to link the future summit in Moscow to Soviet behaviour on this issue," writes professor Vladislav M. Zubok in A Failed Empire. "The Soviets could not see why the White House supported Pakistan, who they believed had started the war against India. Brezhnev, puzzled at first, was soon enraged. In his narrow circle, he even suggested giving India the secret of the atomic bomb. His advisers did their best to kill this idea. Several years later, Brezhnev still reacted angrily and spoke spitefully about American behaviour."

Cold Warriors

Another telephone conversation between the scheming duo reveals a lot about the mindset of those at the highest echelons of American decision making:

Kissinger: And the point you made yesterday, we have to continue to squeeze the Indians even when this thing is settled.

Nixon: We've got to for rehabilitation. I mean, Jesus Christ, they've bombed—I want all the war damage; I want to help Pakistan on the war damage in Karachi and other areas, see?

Kissinger: Yeah

Nixon: I don't want the Indians to be happy. I want a public relations programme developed to piss on the Indians.

Kissinger: Yeah.

Nixon: I want to piss on them for their responsibility. Get a white paper out. Put down, White paper. White paper. Understand that?

Kissinger: Oh, yeah.

Nixon: I don't mean for just your reading. But a white paper on this.

Kissinger: No, no. I know.

Nixon: I want the Indians blamed for this, you know what I mean? We can't let these goddamn, sanctimonious Indians get away with this. They've pissed on us on Vietnam for 5 years, Henry.

Kissinger: Yeah.

Nixon: Aren't the Indians killing a lot of these people?

Kissinger: Well, we don't know the facts yet. But I'm sure they're not as stupid as the West Pakistanis—they don't let the press in. The idiot Paks have the press all over their place.

\###
LOOOL what a seething mutt, what a petty little person....their mutt army despite having access to world's probably best MIC got BTFOd by farmers in Vietnam, foot soldiers in ME, Afghanistan....whiny losers.

FalconZero

Country flag
Daily reminder (((Nixon & Kissinger))) were also the ones who started American prostitution to the PRC, and making the modern outsource-manufacturing-to-China-paradigm standard.
Good good, USA is yet to pay for all of their sins.

shade

Country flag
Good good, USA is yet to pay for all of their sins.
The 1%ers and globalist politicians like Nixon-Kissinger will not pay for all this.
Rather we will, just like Poland had to foot the bill for France/UK appeasing Hitler's Germaniya.
In Biden raaj you will see how things will go "back to normal" viz ping pongs with only anti-china jhumlas on the surface.

sorcerer

Country flag

sorcerer

Country flag
49 years on, Bangladesh PM recalls how an Indian Army officer rescued her from Pakistani soldiers

“My mother, my sisters and my brothers were all incarcerated. Col Ashok Tara, who was then a major in the Indian Army, rescued us from the Pakistan Army’s custody in the morning of December 17, 1971,” Hasina said during a virtual summit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “Today, the December 17, is a very special day for us. The rest of Bangladesh were freed (from Pakistan Army) on December 16, 1971, but our family was rescued a day later,” she said, paying tribute to the Indian Army soldiers, who had laid down lives in the 1971 war. “India is our true friend. I pay my gratitude to the government and people of India for extending wholehearted support to our struggle for liberation of Bangladesh”.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/intern...scued-her-from-pakistani-soldiers-928460.html

shade

Country flag
49 years on, Bangladesh PM recalls how an Indian Army officer rescued her from Pakistani soldiers

“My mother, my sisters and my brothers were all incarcerated. Col Ashok Tara, who was then a major in the Indian Army, rescued us from the Pakistan Army’s custody in the morning of December 17, 1971,” Hasina said during a virtual summit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “Today, the December 17, is a very special day for us. The rest of Bangladesh were freed (from Pakistan Army) on December 16, 1971, but our family was rescued a day later,” she said, paying tribute to the Indian Army soldiers, who had laid down lives in the 1971 war. “India is our true friend. I pay my gratitude to the government and people of India for extending wholehearted support to our struggle for liberation of Bangladesh”.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/intern...scued-her-from-pakistani-soldiers-928460.html
1608220995349.png

Sheikh Hasina == Best Girl

Illusive

Country flag

I hope India has a after-Hasina contingent plan.

sorcerer

Country flag
In J&K, 100% households of Srinagar and Ganderbal get tap water connections

In the UT of Jammu and Kashmir every household in Ganderbal and Srinagar districts has got tap water connections and every family is getting potable piped water in their homes. The UT is planning 100% coverage by 2022 to accomplish the ambitious target of providing tap water connection to every rural household of J&K. This kind of work in these difficult terrains speak volumes of the commitment of the people and Govt. to provide basic facilities in rural areas. Out of 18.17 lakh rural households in the UT of Jammu & Kashmir, 8.66 lakh (48%) are provided with tap water connections. Jammu & Kashmir plans to provide tap connections in 2.32 lakh households during 2020-21.

Sauce: PIB

Desh badal Raha Hai!!! :india2::india::india:

FalconZero

Country flag
Tweet: India's ties with Turkey need ‘course correction’: Indian Ambassador in Ankara. He added, “India-Turkey relations have been hostage to some misconception about history based on a wrong narrative crafted and propagated by vested interests".

Interesting timing, considering just a few days back Turkey has been sanctioned by USA and we are taking soft approach towards them....

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I would agree with you the big difference is in where the 2nd generation kids were raised . I was from
a small town in the Northeast near the canadian border and families tend to be closer in smaller towns??
Just my opinion but kids in bigger cities have lot more outside influences. Where I was from we only had 5 Indian families within a 300 mile radius and many of my Father's friends were in Canada and all our Indian
grocery shopping was in Canada this was in late 60's early 70's. I work to keep a connection to my roots
and my military background and interest in warfare has me devoting so much time to the site. My grown kids raised in cities and their friends connections are not so strong. IMO opinion Indian government
needs to reach out to the diaspora in another generation the diaspora will have no interest in their
ancestral ties.
Bring your kids to India sometimes yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles