India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymax61

We also have harpy drones half of payload as well, and what do you think we should respond in 1:1? So you want IAF to do the same by blowing up a few walls in PeeAF bases?
Read what I wrote again. this time to understand not to reply. Govt will only do a measured response. A failed attack with a hole in the ceiling is no grounds to do something big and sink a peace process which the West is pressuring India for.

Govt needs them for multiple support points if Chinese decide they can fight

Also - if the Chinese front boils over - the 110 (plus 54 on order) Harops wont be enough.

Tridev123

Country flag
India needs to take out pakistan if it wishes to improve its geographical position vis a vis china.

Once Hasina is gone there is little to no doubt that BD will also turn rabidly anti Indian.

We cannot a fight a 2 front war for longer durations a 3 front war will be disastrous for us. With a army of 200k troops and a better economy than pakistan BD can cause significant damage to us in the NE sector where we will fall short of men in a high intensity conflict involving china pakistan and bangladesh.

We have around 9 divisions in NE a combined attack by bangladesh and china can mean that we will be fight more than 20 divisions at the minimum a ratio of 1:2. There is also the issue of chicken neck.

It might seem far fetched for now but so did a lot of things a few years back.
I appreciate your concern. Bangladesh could become a long term threat to India if the extreme Islamist's gain influence.

But all threats are not tackled only by military means. We need to prevent Bangladesh from slipping into the abyss. Our intelligence agencies should be in the forefront of keeping Bangladesh largely secular and tolerant.

How does the US control Europe and NATO?. Does it do it by stationing thousands of American troops in each country?. No. Economic leverage and interdependence also plays a major part. The US intelligence agencies do the unseen job of identifying and neutralising potential threats.

We need to create a wide spread intelligence network in the neighbouring countries. The intelligence guys know how to create independent cells where in if one cell is compromised the others continue to function.

Of course we need to have adequate military force to cater for any unforseen contingencies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Read what I wrote again. this time to understand not to reply. Govt will only do a measured response. A failed attack with a hole in the ceiling is no grounds to do something big and sink a peace process which the West is pressuring India for.

Govt needs them for multiple support points if Chinese decide they can fight

Also - if the Chinese front boils over - the 110 (plus 54 on order) Harops wont be enough.
Even Parliament attack was a failed attack, we nearly went to war with pakshitstan, atleast bomb a pakistani airforce bunker with a kamikaze drone, if you love to be a slave of west, be it. Fuck NATO.

Last edited:

Jaymax61

Even Parliament attack was a failed attack, we nearly went to war with pakshitstan, atkeast bomb a pakistani airforce bunker with a kamikaze drone, if you love to be a slave of west, be it. Fuck NATO.
yeah fuck NATO. Fuck the west. I have seen this movie multiple times. In the end, the govt just shrugs and moves on. This is what I know the govt will do. Not what I want to do.

Are you actually equating an attack on the Parliament with this poorly done attack that was bad even as a capability demonstrator?

Stop confusing interpretations with personal affiliations.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Western support to Pak on Kashmir issue also needs to be factored in, Pak had managed to successfully buy silence of west on Kashmir issue in lieu of pak support to "War on Terror" in Afghanistan. First London then Washington have protected Pak for decades, even when pak was caught selling nuke tech to NK.

Even today it is the Pak narrative that is played out in western capitals on Kashmir issue, not Indian narrative.
Military action comes after narrative buildup. does India have a Global Kashmir narrative? The answer is no, as evident from how difficult it was to argue abrogation of Art. 370. if we sum up all the western arguments in the aftermath of Art. 370 abrogation, it looked as if world were ok with violence in kashmir as long as killer was a pak sponsored terrorist even if the cases of victims being kashmiri muslims in the hands of tangos were being ignored, as if India was has no right to retaliate/stop violence but only take the punishment.
That nerrative will never be on our side. In 1971 they literally made Indira Gandhi cry on camera. No one was ready to hear us. The more I look outside the more I end up seeing nothing. TBH I have been of the same view of geo political alignment before going after Pakistan. But interestingly more our stake and status goes high more we come under pressure to behave or risk the goodwill.

I seriously think the problem is with policy makers and the kind of analyst we have. No one has solutions or out of the box thinking. I am not saying you only follow out of the box thinking but even for sake of discussion the whole landscape appears to be dry. If you look all across academic circle, opinions and read retired professionals they basically have nothing other than recycling popular media cliches.

After Gen K Sundarji I have yet see one military leader who can shake political inertia via ardent military readiness.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
To add more even if you hear new age so called hawks or RW analysts like AIM and others you end up getting more into a fix than having found a solution. Almost all of them are impulsive, vague and self centric.

Their ability to add variables into a problem is endless. This playing so safe has turned us into a overweight elephant who only wakes up when it is asked to do so when it should be actively patrolling, sniffing and trampling and creating opportunities for us. In a nutshell we have to start making mistakes and start taking our chances.

Just throw an assertion here of sending soldiers in Afghanistan and see how lynch mobs start running into the debate to pull the motion down. Being scared of body bags will not stop body bags coming back home. The body bags are already coming back home even without crossing the borders.

MonaLazy

Are we going to remove the fence and roll our tanks
There are proper gates in the fence should a tank need to pass.

So we will recapture it using airforce?
Traditionally, as a nation we behave as an elephant with the heart of a mouse & the brains of a goldfish. To re-capture PoK the govt has to give the clarion call without worrying about what the world capitals will think- rest everything falls in place. Just like nuke tests in '98- we must not overthink it. Not think of pros and cons. Not worry about being called fascist nazi. Just do it- that was the exact modus operandi of Maj WA Brown of Gilgit Scouts in Nov 1947. There is no other way.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag

Traditionally, as a nation we behave as an elephant with the heart of a mouse & the brains of a goldfish. To re-capture PoK the govt has to give the clarion call without worrying about what the world capitals will think- rest everything falls in place. Just like nuke tests in '98.- we must not overthink it.
1. No tanks on loc
2. Barbed wire Boundary will be blasted off. If you pass through the gate, your movement will be predictable.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
People, save your meltdown

you will need it later

more attacks & bigger ones are coming

I guarantee it

My soul is very negative... when I predict death/destruction & think about it for long... it happens

without death/destruction this "Andher nagri chaupat modi" won't come to his senses

so be it... conserve your meltdown abilities.

सृष्टि स्थिति विनाशानां शक्तिभूते सनातनि । गुणाश्रये गुणमये नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते ॥

तुम सृष्टि, पालन और संहार की शक्ति भूता, सनातनी देवी, गुणों का आधार तथा सर्वगुणमयी हो । नारायणि! तुम्हे नमस्कार है ।

DivineLight

You mean those flag exchanging points?

Traditionally, as a nation we behave as an elephant with the heart of a mouse & the brains of a goldfish. To re-capture PoK the govt has to give the clarion call without worrying about what the world capitals will think- rest everything falls in place. Just like nuke tests in '98.- we must not overthink it.
That's like running ahead without any surprise attack. Did you see/read what Putin did in Crimea? Israel ops or how china does it at LAC? Even Ajerb did something similar recently.

I don't think our armed forces are capable of doing anything like that. Feel free to educate me on our capabilities. I don't mind being wrong.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That nerrative will never be on our side. In 1971 they literally made Indira Gandhi cry on camera. No one was ready to hear us. The more I look outside the more I end up seeing nothing. TBH I have been of the same view of geo political alignment before going after Pakistan. But interestingly more our stake and status goes high more we come under pressure to behave or risk the goodwill.

I seriously think the problem is with policy makers and the kind of analyst we have. No one has solutions or out of the box thinking. I am not saying you only follow out of the box thinking but even for sake of discussion the whole landscape appears to be dry. If you look all across academic circle, opinions and read retired professionals they basically have nothing other than recycling popular media cliches.

After Gen K Sundarji I have yet see one military leader who can shake political inertia via ardent military readiness.
So essentially looks like all of us including govt babus are waiting for that next big idea which can balance both the risks and returns of solving Kashmir issue once and for all.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
People, save your meltdown

you will need it later

more attacks & bigger ones are coming

I guarantee it

My soul is very negative... when I predict death/destruction & think about it for long... it happens

without death/destruction this "Andher nagri chaupat modi" won't come to his senses

so be it... conserve your meltdown abilities.

सृष्टि स्थिति विनाशानां शक्तिभूते सनातनि । गुणाश्रये गुणमये नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते ॥

तुम सृष्टि, पालन और संहार की शक्ति भूता, सनातनी देवी, गुणों का आधार तथा सर्वगुणमयी हो । नारायणि! तुम्हे नमस्कार है ।
सुखदुःखे समे कृत्वा लाभालाभौ जयाजयौ।
ततो युद्धाय युज्यस्व नैवं पापमवाप्स्यसि॥

जयपराजय लाभहानि और सुखदुःखको समान करके फिर युद्धमें लग जा।
इस प्रकार युद्ध करनेसे तू पापको प्राप्त नहीं होगा।
1624897220204.png

Raaakisazih

Country flag
I appreciate your concern. Bangladesh could become a long term threat to India if the extreme Islamist's gain influence.

But all threats are not tackled only by military means. We need to prevent Bangladesh from slipping into the abyss. Our intelligence agencies should be in the forefront of keeping Bangladesh largely secular and tolerant.

How does the US control Europe and NATO?. Does it do it by stationing thousands of American troops in each country?. No. Economic leverage and interdependence also plays a major part. The US intelligence agencies do the unseen job of identifying and neutralising potential threats.

We need to create a wide spread intelligence network in the neighbouring countries. The intelligence guys know how to create independent cells where in if one cell is compromised the others continue to function.

Of course we need to have adequate military force to cater for any unforseen contingencies.
How is our intelligence network in Bangladesh and other south east asian nations

omaebakabaka

Current top military leadership including CDS and DM are decent but as you said, there is a balance to be maintained but only friends for us are our own forces in the end....as long as we continue to build up we can progressively act more independent policy wise....how they deal with twitter and social platforms will be a critical test as they are challenging our politcs and leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles