India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Ya, good Economy with blood of our troops and civilians.
Ya, "trade with Pakistan"

Somehow this forum is surprisingly resistant to sane logic, a practice prevalent on our reciprocal “green” forum.

Geopolitics is not a binary logic. Total boycott and other extremist steps at the slightest issue is childish.

Answer these questions -

1. Now that trade and relations are at complete halt with Pakistan, is our soldiers safe and secure ?

2. You can trade and use the money to buy ATGMs to blow Pakistani posts aswell. During the height of WW2, Germany and England were still trading rubber. Whole Europe & America is still buying Russian oil. Can we maintain the same posture ?

3. Since we have established that trade/economic passage to Afghanistan is beneficial for both countries, we can still keep the option open for Balakot and punishment via economic measures (read, create a dependency, then suffocate them). Won’t that be a win-win situation for us ?

IndianYonko

Country flag
Somehow this forum is surprisingly resistant to sane logic, a practice prevalent on our reciprocal “green” forum.

Geopolitics is not a binary logic. Total boycott and other extremist steps at the slightest issue is childish.

Answer these questions -

1. Now that trade and relations are at complete halt with Pakistan, is our soldiers safe and secure ?

2. You can trade and use the money to buy ATGMs to blow Pakistani posts aswell. During the height of WW2, Germany and England were still trading rubber. Whole Europe & America is still buying Russian oil. Can we maintain the same posture ?

3. Since we have established that trade/economic passage to Afghanistan is beneficial for both countries, we can still keep the option open for Balakot and punishment via economic measures (read, create a dependency, then suffocate them). Won’t that be a win-win situation for us ?
Agreed. But one will have to choose some hard goals. more like a checkpoint.
Till there is Pakistan, there would be no peace. Because its a nation which blackmails everyone by putting gun on its own head.

There might be multiple ways and multiple implications, but till Pakistan is there, we all know the loop of events.

And most importantly, its India which provides value to Pakistan. All India has to do is ignore. And their master will tear it apart for their pound of flesh.

Maybe, I'm just a amateur. But I do believe that India should not entertain Pakistan, no matter what.

To answer your questions.
1. Not completely, but to an extent yes.
2. Trade with Pakistan? Seriously? On side note, I heard about this middle east route. Not completely sure about this.
3. Answerd in above para, shared profit is not a option with a failed state. We all saw what Pakistan is, in recent fiasco.

mokoman

Country flag

Answer these questions -

i guess our whining don't really matter .

i mean we didnt stop trade , they stopped it from their side due to article 370 back in 2019

we were always willing to reopen trade .

:lehappy: i just pray its only limited to 'trade' . if modi does narial pani bullshit and talk of peace - i will put a curse on him ( i know blackmagic )

1650308357806.jpeg

Jimih

Country flag

Answer these questions -

- Counter Question: Will our Soldiers be safe and secure after trade is open with Pakistan?

2. Whole Europe & America is still buying Russian oil. Can we maintain the same posture ?

- Europe and America is not facing militancy or terrorism from Russia.

- Didn't said one word against trade with Afghanistan.

Killing of Soldiers and Civilians by Pakistani Army proxies almost on daily basis is "slightest issue" according to you. Well this very statement of yours makes it very insensitive and childish.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Love? What love? Are you insane? It was mutually beneficial relationship. Not love.
:pound:Mutually beneficial, you say ? Of course, I mean we were not in literal love of intimate french kiss.

But no, it was much more of a benefit to us. USA merely tried to bring us into their gang, hence all those help.

Intelligence sharing? Again mutually beneficial.
Extremely one-sides for us.

Emergency supplies were also bought by hard cash. If USA wouldn't have, Israel would have or France would have.
Still nice of them to provide us with their high-altitude cold-clothing from their own inventory. They helped us tremendously with ISR aswell aas leasing us Predator-B UAVs even though we operate Russian avionics.

Intel regarding China? What are those intel?
The ones they did not think important enough to tell you :)

India has more anti-China stance than USA or any other nation in the world at the current date.
Then why do our MEA refuses to acknowledge border conflict and term it as mere “disagreement” ? We choose to keep doing wholehearted trade with China and refuse to join Quad in full force.

Reality is our MEA is afraid of China’s might and suspicious of USA’s support (can’t blame them).

Why would India oppose Russia which is only reliable veto-member in UNSC that has been consistently by our side?
Because those days are gone and Russia is sinking, it will sink completely in next 2-3 years. They can’t be anymore help to us.

I don't see USA offering its SSN to India on lease. US didn't help India build our SSBN either, and most likely have tried to sabotage it more than once.

They will if we take them in our heart as your lord and saviour, like Pakistan. But we are (correctly) not doing it (yet).

As for scamming in weapon's sale, it is called business deal. If your negotiators are morons, you will get bad deals. Don't blame the seller. It is not as if USA is selling their wares at an discount.
Not much business when they supply us with inferior and downgraded versions with cheap quality materials, against what was agreed, consistent, and bribe and buy out officials so that they can’t complain about it. It is called scam in India, might be called business somewhere else.

Physx32

Country flag

Answer these questions -

This is one of the dumbest takes lol. US and EU are FORCED to buy oil and gas from Russia as there's limited supply and they can't live without oil. Does USA trade with North Korea? Why should India trade with porkistan when we don't need any essential products/resources from them? It seems single shot of al-taqiya is enough to sway the dhindu mind. Full scale taqiya is already going on:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag

- Counter Question: Will our Soldiers be safe and secure after trade is open with Pakistan?
Trade and CFV/terrorism is mutually exclusive, or at best weakly linked (via narco trade, that too is happening without any trade anyway).

Trade/economic passage pacts do not stop our jets from dropping bombs on their head.

2. Whole Europe & America is still buying Russian oil. Can we maintain the same posture ?

- Europe and America is not facing militancy or terrorism from Russia.
No, they are facing threats of nuclear annihilation, which is growing everyday because Russia is losing. Also tell me about WW2.

Killing of Soldiers and Civilians by Pakistani Army proxies almost on daily basis is "slightest issue" according to you. Well this very statement of yours makes it very insensitive and childish.
:facepalm: Yeah, I was referring to this exact emotion.

But will increase in trade/economic passage to Pakistan worsen the terrorism in Kashmir? Its not like our trade will make them uber rich and prosperous.

What I was advocating was, a greater control on Pakistani economy and its neighbours (Afghanistan, Tajikistan etc.), plus some extra cash.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
This is one of the dumbest takes lol. US and EU are FORCED to buy oil and gas from Russia as there's limited supply and they can't live without oil. Does USA trade with North Korea? Why should India trade with porkistan when we don't need any essential products/resources from them? It seems single shot of al-taqiya is enough to sway the dhindu mind. Full scale taqiya is already going on:
Bhai at least give an educated reply if you want to call me dumb.

Why tf would USA trade with North Korea? What does it produces?
And we don’t “buy” much, as for what we “sell”.

We trade with Porkistan because -
  • It is profitable, to us, by a good margin.
  • Perishable goods like veggies and other FMCGs we produce have big market in Pakistan.
  • Local economies (Punjab, Haryana etc) reap good profits.
  • We get leverage over their economy as their dependency on us grows.

Btw, I did not advocate for “kiss up, and trade”, I advocate for deals which are profitable for us, like trade route to Afghanistan.

Jimih

Country flag
Trade and CFV/terrorism is mutually exclusive, or at best weakly linked (via narco trade, that too is happening without any trade anyway).

Trade/economic passage pacts do not stop our jets from dropping bombs on their head.

No, they are facing threats of nuclear annihilation, which is growing everyday because Russia is losing. Also tell me about WW2.

:facepalm: Yeah, I was referring to this exact emotion.

But will increase in trade/economic passage to Pakistan worsen the terrorism in Kashmir? Its not like our trade will make them uber rich and prosperous.

What I was advocating was, a greater control on Pakistani economy and its neighbours (Afghanistan, Tajikistan etc.), plus some extra cash.

- Yeah let be our policies be always reactive as it was as always from start.

Let Troop's buses gets hit by IEDs and than after our jets will drop bomb on their heads.

No, they are facing threats of nuclear annihilation, which is growing everyday because Russia is losing
- Start writing for Obituary or Astrological column in Times of India newspaper, (no need to get angry, just a friendly advise)

- Did India broke the trade relations with Pakistan in the first place? Why Indians suffer from "Aman ki Asha" syndrome at such high level?

- Greater control on Pakistani economy with naan-tamatar, veggies, FMCG trade how? Only China has the cash and influence to control Pakistan and its neighbours.

Anandhu Krishna

Answer these questions -

Open trade with pak means giving access to one of the largest markets in the world for them.

The assumption here is that India creates a dependence with pak and thereby economic leverage. This would only work in a normal country. The elites have to feel threatened for an economic threat to work. Most of the pak elites are either top ranking military officers or have their assets abroad.

Access to central asia will be significantly beneficial for India. Trade will grow. Which means India becomes dependent on pak for access to the market.

Where exactly is the economic leverage here!?

On the other hand, access to the Indian market will improve their economic situation. Will bring more revenue to buy more weapons.

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
i guess our whining don't really matter .

i mean we didnt stop trade , they stopped it from their side due to article 370 back in 2019

we were always willing to reopen trade .

:lehappy: i just pray its only limited to 'trade' . if modi does narial pani bullshit and talk of peace - i will put a curse on him ( i know blackmagic )

View attachment 151496
ahh nevermind i was wrong , we blocked trade from our side after pulwama attack

will be interesting if we decide to reverse that decision

Jimih

Country flag
ahh nevermind i was wrong , we blocked trade from our side after pulwama attack

will be interesting if we decide to reverse that decision
Screenshot_20220419-012303.jpg

Covfefe

Country flag
1. Now that trade and relations are at complete halt with Pakistan, is our soldiers safe and secure
Trade with Pakistan happens thru two most sensitive states -Kashmir and Punjab. We should rather lose trade than letting any influence of ISI pigs enter these states- thru business money or direct spies
When businesses develop the option for Balakot type strike reduces. Pressure groups matter to the government. And who will invest in trade anyway when they know that they can declare war anytime.
Russian mainland isn't sitting on the borders of the US and Germany and France with millions of sympathizers on the other side of the border. So, no we cannot maintain the same posture. Trade with Pakistan brings their influence into two sensitive states. Lingual and religious homogeneity coupled with a supremacist outlook is found on the either side of the border. And trade with Afghanistan- it's not even 1 billion dollars. You cannot have any meaningful business relations with Pakistan as long as it exists.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Answer these questions -

I wonder why USA doesn't understand the same logic with Venezuela and Cuba. Both of those nations are thriving economies despite economical blockade by USA!

Porkies are already on ventilator. But you want India to help revive them and then when they are back to health, again try to put them in ventilator. The logic boggles the mind.

The gola should have been to kill them, not keep them in ventilator.

Pakistan is a snake. The border should be shut off completely. We don't need trade with Afghanistan. It costs us more than it benefits us. Mullahs of Pakistan and Afghanistan both dream of our end, yet we want to be suave diplomats with no idea to our end goal want to support them till they are ready to bleed us more.

Tell me one thing, what essential item do we get from Pakistan or even Afghanistan?

Nothing.

It is Pakistan which will wither away, not the other way around. Europe is forced to trade with Russia because Russian oil is essential for their economy. Yet they are mounting blocks after blocks to stop all other exchange. And here you are batting for normalising relationship with Pakistani snakes.

But then, we have been duped by Jinnah, Liaqat, Bhutto, Nawaz Sharif, Musharraf. Why should we miss a chance to be hoodwinked by the new Sharrif?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
I wonder why USA doesn't understand the same logic with Venezuela and Cuba. Both of those nations are thriving economies despite economical blockade by USA!

Porkies are already on ventilator. But you want India to help revive them and then when they are back to health, again try to put them in ventilator. The logic boggles the mind.

The gola should have been to kill them, not keep them in ventilator.

Pakistan is a snake. The border should be shut off completely. We don't need trade with Afghanistan. It costs us more than it benefits us. Mullahs of Pakistan and Afghanistan both dream of our end, yet we want to be suave diplomats with no idea to our end goal want to support them till they are ready to bleed us more.

Tell me one thing, what essential item do we get from Pakistan or even Afghanistan?

Nothing.

It is Pakistan which will wither away, not the other way around. Europe is forced to trade with Russia because Russian oil is essential for their economy. Yet they are mounting blocks after blocks to stop all other exchange. And here you are batting for normalising relationship with Pakistani snakes.

But then, we have been duped by Jinnah, Liaqat, Bhutto, Nawaz Sharif, Musharraf. Why should we miss a chance to be hoodwinked by the new Sharrif?
:facepalm:

Logic 101

Trade with Pakistan (basically sell them cheap rotting shit for money) -> Reviving their economy.

Border closed -> Pakistani mullahs are no longer dreaming about our demise.

Trade with Pakistan (version 2) -> We begging them to buy from them and normalising relationship with them.

Global Defence

Articles